millertime24

Think you have a good job?

Ill wager mine (at least for tomorrow) is better. I get to go to work, drink beer all day and help "train" new cops on how to test for sobriety. That is to say, I'm getting paid to go to work and get obliterated. If your job doesnt let you participate in these activities..... Then your job=fail.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The only problem is that the 1st Sgt of the cop squadron (my former boss for x-ray) told them that the results would likely be skewed due to the amount of beer it is going to take for someone my weight to get to a point where I start failing these tests.:):):)

Did the 1SG happen to tell you that at the end of the training session they (the coppers) get to test their tazers on you so they can see how much it takes to affect a drunk.
Who Dares Wins

:D:D:D

Hope he brought a change of shorts.:P

I couldn't imagine being ABLE to piss/shit myself during a tazing...

Ofcourse, I've only been tazed once.B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

So did that teach you that when she said "No", she meant "No"?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nope. B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

ski knows the rules:

"No means yes, yes means twice, BAAAAHHH means no";)

And you ALWAYS go for the rape.

Nope. B|

ski knows the rules:

"No means yes, yes means twice, BAAAAHHH means no";)

Don't!

Stop!

Don't!

Stop!

DON'T STOP!!!
DON'T STOP!!!
DON'T STOP!!!

:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So here's how it went. We drank enough alcohol to get us over the legal limit. The cop in charge then tested us to get a sort of baseline in order to determine how much it would take to get us a bit sloppy. I went into the test with a BAC of .141 and left the test 2 hours later with a BAC of .101. On my 165lb frame it took 12 drinks to get there (the high point), and I metabolize .02 per hour.

My drink of the day was Makers Mark and Coke. The drinks were regulated in 2oz shots mixed with 10oz of Coke. So one cup of goodness basically was the equivalent of 2 drinks. On all tests I passed both the 9 step line test and the holding one foot off the ground and counting test. Where I failed was with both the eye bouncing test and the fact that I smelled strongly of liquor.

All in all a good time, and yes we all got rides home from the cops. The thing I took away from the experience was DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! They WILL get you. You can be like me and pass all the motor skills tests, but your CNS wont let your eyes lie. If you're gonna get hammered, do it at home or have a DD.:)

Muff #5048

So here's how it went. We drank enough alcohol to get us over the legal limit. The cop in charge then tested us to get a sort of baseline in order to determine how much it would take to get us a bit sloppy. I went into the test with a BAC of .141 and left the test 2 hours later with a BAC of .101. On my 165lb frame it took 12 drinks to get there (the high point), and I metabolize .02 per hour.

My drink of the day was Makers Mark and Coke. The drinks were regulated in 2oz shots mixed with 10oz of Coke. So one cup of goodness basically was the equivalent of 2 drinks. On all tests I passed both the 9 step line test and the holding one foot off the ground and counting test. Where I failed was with both the eye bouncing test and the fact that I smelled strongly of liquor.

All in all a good time, and yes we all got rides home from the cops. The thing I took away from the experience was DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! They WILL get you. You can be like me and pass all the motor skills tests, but your CNS wont let your eyes lie. If you're gonna get hammered, do it at home or have a DD.:)

165 lbs. huh? If your tall enough you may be just what shah is looking for. And you're drunk too. Hey Shah!

165 lbs. huh? If your tall enough you may be just what shah is looking for. And you're drunk too. Hey Shah!

Yes. 165lbs and 6'0". BUT......Im not THAT drunk.:D
Muff #5048

I build websites for ski resorts. Part of my job includes spending a few powder days on the resorts' mountains snowboarding to get a feel for the vibe of the mountain. I'm fully equipped with all the beer I want to drink at work, live close enough to walk for when I have too many, and have a beautiful desk that looks out onto a local ski resort, beautiful mountains, a river complete with fly-fishermen and whitewater kayakers, a hot tub, and plenty of sunshine / snow.

Your job for the day sounds fun, but I'll stay where I'm at for now. ;)

I couldn't imagine being ABLE to piss/shit myself during a tazing...

I'm pretty sure it's not during the tazing as much as shortly afterward!

Nope, out of all of the people who went thru it with me, not one lost control.

My X wife...could not cook, could not clean and could not iron.
Was not fun for me [:/]

today i cooked, cleaned the bathroom, and did laundry. to bad we are not gay, i might be for you. 5'7", 27" waist, 125lbs. :P;):ph34r:

The nice things about SFSTs is that no matter your tolerance, and no matter how "in control" you may think you are, you still show signs during the WAT and the OLS. But like you said, nobody beats the HGN. Add in the results of SFSTs to all the other general indicators of impairment like flushed face, bloodshot or glassy eyes, the odor of alcohol, the presence of paraphernalia, and so on, and yeah, and officer with the training and the desire will ahve a rock solid case against you.

SFST - Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (the WAT, OLS, and HGN)
WAT - Walk and Turn; the nine steps up, turn, and nine back, in the manner described and demonstrated
OLS - One Leg Stand; like it says, that's the balancing on one foot while onlding the other just off the ground with straight legs, and counting
HGZ - Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus; this is the watch the birdy test. Basically officers are watching for involuntary jerking of the eyes as they move back and forth. You can't fake this one, no matter how much of an alcoholic you may be.

Yes. A cab is cheaper than a DWI, and whether you get arrested or not is secondary to whether you kill someone or not. Please make the right choice.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Yup. HGN will get you every time. Even worst if the guy you're up against is a DRE. Then he is able to put you with in a tenth of a point just from HGN.

One of my favorites include having to use my left arm to physically hold the guy up by the collar, in front of his truck that is wrapped around a telephone pole (literally, the bumpers were nearly touching), on video to attempt HGN. The downside to that one was that he threw up in my car a couple of times. The upside is that the trustees cleaned the car up very well. :D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I build websites for ski resorts. Part of my job includes spending a few powder days on the resorts' mountains snowboarding to get a feel for the vibe of the mountain. I'm fully equipped with all the beer I want to drink at work, live close enough to walk for when I have too many, and have a beautiful desk that looks out onto a local ski resort, beautiful mountains, a river complete with fly-fishermen and whitewater kayakers, a hot tub, and plenty of sunshine / snow.

Your job for the day sounds fun, but I'll stay where I'm at for now. ;)

i like your job.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My job is pretty cool. The rush I feel after disarming an IED is probably a little more than what I get from jumping out of an airplane. Nothing like cheating death yet again.....

Kinda sucks when you get blown up though....B|

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything