shah269

How much of a turn off is it?

I remember that conversation.:S

Sorry... :|

So... You don't love me anymore?? :P:D

So what we did last night was just sex to you? [:/]

:):P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I don't really know *what* to call it but I really would prefer to forget it ever happened... :S:|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Shah is going to be on one of those match.com success story commercials...bald head gleaming...collar all crisp. :D:ph34r::D

Seriously, as someone with a "list" and an overly analytical approach, I think this route might work very well for you.

Here is to hope!
And may this one last a life time :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I've been up and down so many times that I feel as if I'm in a revolving door.

Wouldn't that be "in an elevator'?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've been up and down so many times that I feel as if I'm in a revolving door.

Wouldn't that be "in an elevator'?

Nah, he's a skydiver. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You are doing something wrong. I got about a 40% response rate. About 1/2 of those eventually led to a date.

It has to be me then.
I don't think my profile isn't that bad, I've had friends look and they think it looks OK.
I do start off with what I have read in their profile but yeah I would say 2% is my hit rate.
But yeah...it could just be me....oh well...[:/]

You also have to take into account how long they've been on the site, and how long you've been on the site...

If they've been on the site for 6 months, getting tons of creepy responses to their profile (I've had plenty of guys send responses that make me ask them "Has that ever worked for you?"), they're probably reluctant to answer any emails at all. If they've been there only a couple of weeks, they're also probably getting the "fresh meat" emails and are making mistakes with all the guys trolling for new tail on the site. You have to catch them when they've been on for only a month or two, when they're just starting to get their filters together. Then they will probably be more responsive to a date.

It also depends on how long you've had your profile up. If you've been on a dating site for 2 years and are still single, they're going to think something is wrong with you. If they have friends on the site and you email both friends, you're out of luck.

How long is the text on your profile? Are you sure the other person doesn't see your profile page and think "tl;dr"?

If you were a guy looking to date guys, I'd offer to help out with your profile. I only know about other guys though; I have no idea what women look for in a guy. I do know that I've had many female friends in the "I don't want kids ever, and would never date a guy that wanted them" group though. They're out there, and eventually you'll find one. And if not, like someone else mentioned, there are always hookers. :ph34r:

I don't really know *what* to call it but I really would prefer to forget it ever happened... :S:|

The tapioca pudding and the leiderhosen was just too much, huh? :(

(I knew I shoulda just gone with the chocolate) >:(

:P:D:P:D:P:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Lying is a much bigger turn-off.

Look, dating is a matching game. If you don't want kids that means a woman who wants kids is not a good match for you. Sure, it will limit who you can date, as will any other criteria you choose. That's OK, you don't need to date every woman, you just need to date enough to find one who is right for you.

Don't lie about anything. Don't compromise on what you want.

Beautifuly said ... I don't think I need to read any further :)
@ Shah ...Those that will be turned off by you not wanting kids, you don't want anyway ... if a long term relationship is what you are looking for ... (I shouldn't make that assumption).

O

Don't compromise on what you want.
I have to get my head around that....[:/]
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Don't compromise on what you want.
I have to get my head around that....[:/]

Seems like you're doing a pretty good job, judging from all the requirements you've placed on your search.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Seems like you're doing a pretty good job, judging from all the requirements you've placed on your search.

Requirements? Such as?

Requirements? Such as?

sub size 8, active, educated, not a mom, never wanting to be a mom,....

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some...

Requirements? Such as?

sub size 8, active, educated, not a mom, never wanting to be a mom,....

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some...

Can cook, clean, fold laundry, holds a job where she earns at least $100k. Oh, good looking, active, does yoga, has hobbies of her own (she can't skydive, then it's like dating an engineering chick :P I'm so gonna laugh when Shah falls in love with an engineering educated skychica:)

active, educated, not a mom, never wanting to be a mom...

Active and educated are bad how?
Yes, the not wanting to be a mom or a mom are difficult.
Also you forgot, not allergic to cats. I have two. :)As for cooking and cleaning? I can do both thank you and I'm very good at it. But it would be nice to find someone who is willing to help. Nothing worse than a quiet kitchen. [:/]
As for what she does, what hair color, eye color....or religion...I don't care.

Still think too much? I think one of the ladies needs to start a thread regarding what she wants in a guy.
I bet compared to those lists my list of 10 is nothing.

Also you forgot, not allergic to cats. I have two. :)As for cooking and cleaning? I can do both thank you and I'm very good at it. But it would be nice to find someone who is willing to help. Nothing worse than a quiet kitchen. [:/]

Still think too much? I think one of the ladies needs to start a thread regarding what she wants in a guy.

I think one thing that makes you different from a lot of us is that you know exactly what you want. A lot of people have more general and intangible things they look for in a person, or things they don't even think to voice (like an active person) because it falls under something like "similar interests."

So like what did I want in a man? I wanted someone who would make me laugh, would treat me right, had similar interests, and someone who I could not only respect, but also have fun with. Oh and sexual chemistry and a general eye to eye on the big things.

So like where I just say sexual chemistry, you name what exactly makes you attracted physically to a woman (sub size 8).

I think people may get frustrated with you because you are so specific and possibly feel that you are limiting your options by not being open to a relationship with that awesome size 10 girl (I have an awesome size 10 friend who I seriously would've guessed a 6-8 depending on the brand, and did I mention she's awesome?). You know what I mean?

Anyways, I can't speak for the others but I really hope you find a girl that makes you happy. We can all tell you aren't happy with your situation, and everyone deserves a little happiness in their life :)

Not wanting kids is not a bad thing. Some people just don't want them. But for gods sake, don't LIE about it man! wtf.

There's nothing wrong with wanting specific things in a partner (within reason), it just limits your choices. And then you have to factor in the women that lie to YOU, and it will limit you even more, and just piss you off when you find out who they really are later.

Just be honest and hope you find someone who is honest with you.

I think one thing that makes you different from a lot of us is that you know exactly what you want. A lot of people have more general and intangible things they look for in a person, or things they don't even think to voice (like an active person) because it falls under something like "similar interests."

So like what did I want in a man? I wanted someone who would make me laugh, would treat me right, had similar interests, and someone who I could not only respect, but also have fun with. Oh and sexual chemistry and a general eye to eye on the big things.

So like where I just say sexual chemistry, you name what exactly makes you attracted physically to a woman (sub size 8).

I think people may get frustrated with you because you are so specific and possibly feel that you are limiting your options by not being open to a relationship with that awesome size 10 girl (I have an awesome size 10 friend who I seriously would've guessed a 6-8 depending on the brand, and did I mention she's awesome?). You know what I mean?

Anyways, I can't speak for the others but I really hope you find a girl that makes you happy. We can all tell you aren't happy with your situation, and everyone deserves a little happiness in their life :)

What's wrong with being specific? I want an active, educated man who isn't a fatass too. What's wrong with that?

The size 8 thing i have no clue where it came from.
I think a few months back I said "You know a size 8, you know a medium"
As a guy I knew what a size 0 was, dated a few of those...and I have a frew friends who are married to a size 16 so half way looked right. Size 8 AKA medium. As in active as in healthy.....but some just took that and ran with it and it has now become a running joke. :)But yees Amstalder you are 100% right, I have in a way painte myself into a corner with respect to knowing exactly what I'm looking for.
But please remember I was already married once. From that I can look and say "this was good" and "this was not good".
Case in point, I LOVE indoor rock climbing. As a part of being "active" it would be very nice if she liked indoor rock climbing. It's not so much about her "looks" but more to do with.....I want a partner, a friend and someone to enjoy life with.
And thank you for the + karma :)