shah269

How much of a turn off is it?

relationship between two persons is a two way road. Both must comply to accomplish something. To make it worse, there are also emotions involved and therefore it´s far too irrational to be discussed...

never say never. there is a pretty good chance you´ll ever meet someone with whom u´d like to have a kid more than anything else.

again, it´s not only about your opinion it´s about your body and your emotions and those cannot be always controlled by logical decision making

ohh, yes, and answer to your question.

lying is very big turn off. don´t do it. Pretending to be someone else is fooling yourself, not the others. Even if you succeed in it... you´ll end up with the person you really don´t want.

I see this thread is on fire, and I have not yet read any any responses so:

How much of a turn off is it TO THE AVERAGE CHICK if a dude does not wish to have kids?

Though I have never been described as "THE AVERAGE CHICK" by any definition or connotation, it would not be a turn off to me "if a dude does not wish to have kids" as I have never/do not want any myself.

Many things are a turn off, but the one that sticks out most is a man who cannot swim or is not very good at it. I really do not care what his circumstances; if he is not a great swimmer, I cannot see past that. Call me shallow and catch me in the deep end. :P
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

You've got two scenarios, mate.

1. You're not serious about her - in that case, lie, get laid then fuck off and think nothing more about her.

2. You like her and think she might be relationship material - in this case you have to be truthful because if you're not it'll come back and bite you in the ass BIG STYLE.

Either way, the choice is clear.

Now stop whining. I think I preferred it when you were depressed.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

hummmm...
I'm in a catch 22.
I'm fighting biology, sociology and my personal limits as to what I find attractive. It's going to be a long walk.

Though very few actually provided info as to how much the notion of me not wishing to have kids affected them the info provided was greatly appreciated.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Maybe you should just give up? Sounds like you put a lot of effort into being unhappy with dating. It's probably just not your thing, which is perfectly fine. But, it seems silly to keep trying it if it's not working for you.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I'd absolutely want honesty on the subject when it comes up. That said I'm not sure I want kids so dating someone who expresses a definite opinion either way almost makes it easier. Their view is absolute so then it's up to me to decide if that's okay with me or not. I've dated both but none every got to the point where that was a deciding factor.

Why lie? there is no reason for it at all. I don't care if this is the so called perfect size 8 who meets all the shah requirements. Be honest up front that you don't want children.

Here is a question for you...Did you get snipped? If you didn't then deep down you want kids, just saying. Don't expect a woman or should i say the type of woman you date to use the pill forever and condoms are not one hundred percent protection. If you are having sex there is always a chance you will be a dad.

p.s

I think it is great you don't want kids. One shah is plenty...:P

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

There's nothing wrong with not wanting kids. That isn't a turnoff for me by any sense.

Lying... that would get a guy no where with me. Lying in a relationship is one of the worst things possible to do. That would be a HUGE turnoff.

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I haven't read though the entire thread. I'm in a wonderful relationship right now, but it's not a turn off at all, in fact its the one of the first things that turned me on to my boyfriend, that he DIDN'T want kids. I don't want little zerglings and couldn't be with someone who did. I'm lucky to have found a guy who didn't want kids. It seems that the vast majority of men want to eventuality have kids someday.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Why is this even a question? Plenty of women who want children, don't want them right now and they will sleep with you. Furthermore ... Why are you even discussing it with a woman before you sleep together? Having children is a life changing experience. Having sex usually is not, unless a child is the result of it ... LOL.

I would say that unless you're really really really into her, you're either sleeping with her on the first or second date ... Or you're not dating anymore.

Are there women in existence that want to date a guy for six months before having sex? With that in mind, do you really expect to know if you're with someone who you want to have children with after six months of dating? Can you say that you are 100 percent positive that you want to marry someone after six months of dating? Shouldn't thinking about having children with someone come way after thinking of getting married?

Holy fuck people ...
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

It is totally you, and not in the way that you think.

First of all, it probably has more to do with the delivery of your opinion and thoughts, than the opinions and thoughts themselves.

Secondly, try shifting your perspective on your prospects. When you focus most of your energy on what you don't want (no size 8 or larger, no moms, can't be this, can't be that), it is no wonder that is all you seem to attract. I bet you are the type when you find a woman with some quality that you really like, you wonder what else might be wrong with her. And when you look hard enough or only from one perspective you will surely find what you are looking for.

And to answer your question, there is no average chick (see paragraph above) and lying is way more of a turn off. Lying will pretty much ensure unhappiness and more chaos. Speaking your truth is the way to ensure happiness and keep chaos at bay.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

"If you're going to get STD's, you're most likely going to get them from the girl next door."

Hey, not true, and stop libeling me.
hahahahahahaha

:D:D:D

O....M....F....G...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>Why lie? there is no reason for it at all.

As he mentioned, he wants to figure out what to say to get that second date.

It doesn't matter!! It is a lie out and out and him trying to deceive a person he wants to date...:S
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Get the 'snip' then you don't have to lie

-- just say "I can't have kids".. End of conversation.

I never wanted kids (don't have any) ... My folks used keep asking "When....".
I said "Never"
They said "I'm selfish.."

Bollocks to that... selfish is bringing kids into the world that you don't want.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Touche sir! You are absolutely right. It probably is more risky with the girl next door. Though now I wonder about your expertise in the prostitute arena....;)

It's WAY riskier with the girl next door ... you should see the size of her husband.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

hummmm...
I'm in a catch 22.
I'm fighting biology, sociology and my personal limits as to what I find attractive. It's going to be a long walk.

Though very few actually provided info as to how much the notion of me not wishing to have kids affected them the info provided was greatly appreciated.

I have found you the perfect woman. I guarantee you will get laid on the first date, and she won't have kids. http://www.realdoll.com/
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

...how can I put it....
Not every girl wishes to have kids NNNOOOWWWW.
and some girls are not sure while a very few don't wish to have them but feel social pressure to consider it or at least say that they do.

I'm not in a position to be "picky" regarding who I date. I'm not in a high target setting and my personal "filters" reduce the over all targets to a ver few. So any opportunity that I get I must take full advantage of.

And I don't "lie" I just say "I'm not sure." or "I haven't given it much thought". Is it a fine line? Sure, is it a lie? Sure why not.

Just putting this out there stop dating girls who don't know what they want, and date women who know what they want.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192