shah269

Wow talk about blunt!

No not James Blunt.
Or one shared with friends.
http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/04/07/6424095-new-dating-site-treats-members-like-prostitutes?GT1=43001

http://www.whatsyourprice.com/

I hate to say it....but not a bad idea!
I wonder how much I would go for :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

yeah economy is crap, craigs list is down so why not make money and get a free dinner
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

number 1--skydiving
and
number 18--chuck E cheeses

brilliant! :D love it. lol

hahaha QFT free jumps and pizza!

edit: just stay away from the ball pits at chuckys....kids pee in them [:/]
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Shah.....looks left....looks right....guys....did the girls all just sign up to go and get paid for dinner? :P

Look only a moron would put up $100 for a date.
Maybe $40.
I'm guessing the idea is to make people "put their money where their mouth is"
I've been on two dating sights thus far, and I have to say your average chick likes you as you are as a perfect day dream who she speaks with via daily emails.

A therapist I know calls it "The Lake House Effect" which is how she can afford a new E class and a home in Florida.

You get a girl, starts off normal, has one or two bad boyfriends, gets a bit jaded and forgets that we are all in a way flawed and as such human, she developes a model of what she wants that is inpossible to be unless that guy is never there. So this girl runs off to online dating to find this perfect guy...well one or two dates and her brain picks up the trend....guy starts off perfect in writring and in that still life picture....but in real life his hair isn't perfect or he eats funny or likes bottled water and doesn't tip well....POOOF!....he's no longer perfect.

So over time it becomes evidant that it's "safer" to develop "false" relationships based on emails and phone calls than on actually meeting someone. It's a simple defense mechanism. We become wrapped in our own little immaginary world of our own doing for our own safety. And unlike guys who get off on physical contact, most women get off on the emotional connection. And emails are just as good as holding hands for some.

It's a very serious problem and as we become more digital in our interactions and the stakes become greater due to economic conditions and people getting married later in life and getting divorced later as well.

One of the lovely older ladies at my Yoga class has a daughter, had a bad divorce, single for the past 5 years no kids. Has her masters and is a CPA and does very well for her self. She has an immaginary boyfriend.

No joke. As her mother indicates, her daughter carries around a "stock" photo of a guy from some add in her purse and talks about him as if he is real. I've met this women, she is very attractive and very smart and would be a hell of a catch.

And if her mom had not confided in me that her 40 year old dauter had an immaginary boyfriend I would have assumed he was perfectly real from the way she talked about him. But no man alive would be his equal. He's perfect in her mind.

Now that's an extreme case. Most people aren't that off the wall. But I can see this ecnomic insentive to get people to actually act on their words rather than having a girl sit back and get off on various perfectly written sweet little nothings from that perfect guy that just doesn't exist.

And in the US where we live in very insulated little worlds of our own creation anything to get people to come out and meet each other is not only good for ones psyche but also good for the economy.

To my friends in Europe where you have this beautiful café/bar/come over for a week end party culture, you have no idea how lucky you truly are.

Dude haver you tried speed dating?,
give it a shot, you probably wont have enough time to drain the life out of them in the 2 mins they get to know you:ph34r::ph34r:
My god you are one jaded mofo:ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dude haver you tried speed dating?,
give it a shot, you probably wont have enough time to drain the life out of them in the 2 mins they get to know you:ph34r::ph34r:
My god you are one jaded mofo:ph34r:

I'm working on unjading myself. I know. I still see the world and relationships as big systems rather than people. And people are more alive and more diverse than big systems.
As for speed dating, yes I was actually thinking about it. Could be fun.
People lie, and it's a little harder to do so when you only have 2 min and are face to face.
And let's face it, how impersonal can you be when you try to impress someone in 2 lines in an email.

internet dating is shit and this site is just about as low as you can go.

meet someone through a mutual interest, get outside and away from the fucking screen and do stuff, it's not rocket science.
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

also a girl you meet off a dating site will have fucking hundreds of suitors if she's attractive, and plenty of others to fall back on if you do anything wrong, often they can't leave the dating sites alone because women like attention and the ease of them cheating and meeting other guys is high.

also many people these days date mulitple people when on dating sites and you may think you're 'going out' with a girl but she's probably going out with loads of guys especially at first.

fuck that shit. find a girl that doesn't even know how to turn a computer on and stay off the dating sites yourself. best way to avoid lots of disappointment and lowering of your own self esteem.

get out doing things you enjoy, that will make you feel better anyway and you probably WILL meet someone through that or the friends you make doing the fun things you enjoy, even if it's very cheap like going rambling or joining a tennis club /ten cents
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

You get a guy, gets divorced, has one or two bad dates, gets a bit jaded and forgets that we are all in a way flawed and as such human, he developes a model of what he wants that is inpossible to be unless that girl is never there.

FIFY. Pot, meet kettle. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You know, the more I look at that site, the more I think it's an okay idea. But I think a lot of guys will maybe get a shot at a beautiful date, then be disappointed when the girl is more interested in long term $$$ than in a LTR. :D

My guess is that no one on that site is particularly looking for a long-term relationship. :P

But I think it's a great idea. Not that I would want to participate . . .

FIFY. Pot, meet kettle. :P

I know I know...my standards are way too high for an engineer.
I mean a girl who is outgoing and likes to partake in outdoor activities isn't bat shit crazy and can make dinner one evening per week even if it is just mack and cheese?
OH MY GOD! I MUST BE OUT OF MY FREAKING SKULL!
I need to lower my standards right?

:P

I mean a girl who is outgoing and likes to partake in outdoor activities isn't bat shit crazy and can make dinner one evening per week even if it is just mack and cheese?

Sorry, I already married her.:P

OH MY GOD! I MUST BE OUT OF MY FREAKING SKULL!
I need to lower my standards right?

No, from looking at that web site, I think you need to pony up maybe $100+. There were some cuties on there.

Or maybe you should become an air traffic controller. That headset and radar scope are freakin' chick magnets. ;):D

Going rate in NYC was $250
So why drop $100 for dinner? Heck you are half way there for "other" actitivies.
But you know some girl thinks that she is "worth it"

>I mean a girl who is outgoing and likes to partake in outdoor activities isn't bat shit
>crazy and can make dinner one evening per week even if it is just mack and cheese?

I've met a lot of them - but very few of them would meet your other requirements.