CarrieByTheSea

Top Chef Masters

I love this show.

I was drawn in unexpectedly the first season when two of my favorite chefs, Rick Bayless and Rick Moonen were master "cheftestants".

I am not familiar with any of the chefs from this season, but immediately had a great affinity for Suvir Saran. I am so glad he did not go home this last round, as he was the only one who should have by my estimation.

This Suvir-smitten kitten is excited to see what he and the rest of the chefs prepare next. :)
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

I end up watching a lot of cooking shows in my house. My girlfriend enjoys them and some are okay. If I had to pick I’d say Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is my favorite (I guess it isn’t really a cooking show). I just can’t get into the competitive cooking shows though. Chopped, Iron Chef, I’d rather watch a test pattern. I haven’t seen Top Chef Masters so I guess I shouldn’t lump it in with the others.

Now I’m hungry.

I do not watch any other cooking shows.

What I like about TCM is the cheftestants are all professional chefs already well-established and respected in their field competing against each other for the charity of their choice.

It is the "best of the best" and for charity. I love the charity aspect because so many of the charities are ones I would gladly support myself.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

My girl and I tend to watch a lot of cooking shows too, but mostly the competitions.

I have seen a couple episodes of Top Chef Masters and so far i think i like "last seasons" Top Chef All Stars better. It's still early so we will see.

Our favorite is probably Iron Chef but we also enjoy America's Worst Cooks, Throw Down with Bobby Flay, and Chopped. (Although chopped is quickly getting old.)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I got a lot of good ideas from those shows.

+1

It's also great for teaching fundamentals and basic stuff as well which many people still dont seem to get or follow. I cringe every time i see cheese with seafood for example.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero