NWFlyer

MythBusters Tonight!

Be sure to check out tonight's new episode of MythBusters, featuring Bay Area Skydiving and the ever-charming Gareth Holder (poor guy apparently had to spend the day strapped to Kari ;)).

9 p.m., Discovery Channel (repeats at midnight for those of us who also want to record Modern Family :D).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Poor Gareth.[:/]

He's the envy of every gear-head male in the country.;)

Is this episode a rerun? I remember them doing a skydiving show earlier. It was a good time.

This one's new. They've done a bunch before (many of them at Skydance).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I remember doing a couple jumps with Gareth at Monterey Bay. Been a long time though.

I'll be sure to try and catch the show!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I remember doing a couple jumps with Gareth at Monterey Bay. Been a long time though.

I'll be sure to try and catch the show!

I WOULD NEVER admit to doing a skydive with Gareth.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Why is Kari wearing a student rig OVER the tandem harness????

Some chicks are really into harnesses.
Ask Remi about it.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

the chance of bumping into her is ALMOST enough for me to start jumping out at skydance...almost.

whats that funny looking thing on the 3rd finger of her left hand?
...probably nothing important, at least not to a skydiver. ;)

Jump more, Bitch less.

Alrighty...they haven't even jumped yet and I have a question.

Because from what I've seen of that show it's badly named - too much emphasis on entertainment over proper scientific experimentation. There were some pretty big holes in the way they approached the skydiving-themed myths that I've seen - I'm sure that's also true of the stuff I know nothing about!

Because from what I've seen of that show it's badly named - too much emphasis on entertainment over proper scientific experimentation. There were some pretty big holes in the way they approached the skydiving-themed myths that I've seen - I'm sure that's also true of the stuff I know nothing about!

It has to be about entertainment. There often isn’t a myth. They already know if it is busted, confirmed or plausible from the get go.

We had Kari in a student rig to do close to door shots when we were releasing the ice blocks from altitude. When we had done those, we moved her back in the plane, removed the rig and hooked her to me, the lucky girl.

She did two tandems with me that day, and the one you see is a composite edit between the footage from Clay, the footage from the helicopter, and the footage from the GoPro strapped to her left hand....

We had Kari in a student rig to do close to door shots when we were releasing the ice blocks from altitude. When we had done those, we moved her back in the plane, removed the rig and hooked her to me, the lucky girl.

She did two tandems with me that day, and the one you see is a composite edit between the footage from Clay, the footage from the helicopter, and the footage from the GoPro strapped to her left hand....

Thank you...that makes sense.

And it sounds like you endured a lot of pain and suffering that day. I hope they compensated you well. ;)

Thank you...that makes sense.

And it sounds like you endured a lot of pain and suffering that day. I hope they compensated you well. ;)

And by pain and suffering I can only guess you are talking about blue balls.

LAnding a streamer in the peas is good spotting, 150 feet away is average.

Given the purpose of a WDI is to determine what the winds are doing I'd say hitting the peas is good luck. Unless you ALREADY know what the winds are doing. In which case you dont need the WDI.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?