Lastchance

Back in the saddle again. My new sled.

I've been without a bike for 4 yrs now and have really had the itch. The wife and I have our dirtbikes but it's not quite the same. We bought this today. One previous owner. 94 Ultra Classic Electraglide. 56,000 miles. Every option available. Well taken care of it's whole life. Incredible shape. Sure beats the hell out of my 81 FLH.

Can you say Geezer Glide?;)

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

We looked at another Ultra Classic that had 94,000. Take care of them, change the oil faithfully, regular maint. They will treat you right.

I had a lady friend that hit every state in the continental U.S. Canada and Mexico. This woman put more miles on her ass than any guy I know except her brother. They always made the trips together. She passed away of lung cancer 8 yers ago. RIP Cathy. Her bike (I don't know for sure) but I think it was a Heritage Soft Tail, had way way over 100,000 miles on it.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Nice!! I was riding my Pop's Buell today when it ticked over 30,000 miles, and I thought that was quite a bit! Although I have heard of Harley motors making it 100,000......

A guy in town who owns a small independent shop has nearly 200,000 on his old Electra Glide. His wife lives in Nashville for her residency and he rides there on his scoot literally every other weekend.

Anyways, nice new scoot, have fun with it!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nice!! I was riding my Pop's Buell today when it ticked over 30,000 miles, and I thought that was quite a bit! Although I have heard of Harley motors making it 100,000......

There is absolutely NO reason why a harley should not be able to do well over 100,000.
Maintain it properly and it should last a very very long time.

My last guzzi had over 190,000Miles on it when i sold it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This is where I would normally make a crack about custom seats by Depends or the integrated Geritol dispenser but I have a 700+ mile run coming up next weekend and I get the feeling it would be much nicer on that than on my FXDL:)Enjoy, be safe, and remember-somewhere on that scoot is an Idiot Magnet, they are all going to be drawn to you so watch out for them.

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

This is where I would normally make a crack about custom seats by Depends or the integrated Geritol dispenser but I have a 700+ mile run coming up next weekend and I get the feeling it would be much nicer on that than on my FXDL:)Enjoy, be safe, and remember-somewhere on that scoot is an Idiot Magnet, they are all going to be drawn to you so watch out for them.

You got a Low Rider Divot, pics please, (Lows are my fave harley) :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The only one I have on my laptop. '96 so it's the 80 inch Evo. Was on my way to speak at a seminar so I had the tour bag and laptop case with me-don't normally have all the junk hanging off, but some would say that I never have junk hanging and that's why I own a bike.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

My old 91 FLSTF clicked past 250,000 before I sold her. And that was with going 2 years without a speedo cable. I would put actual mileage above 300,000. My 05 FLSTFI is coming up on 40,000. It had less than 12,000 when I bought her in 2010. I ride all 12 months of the year, regardless of the weather. I have no idea what the actual miles on my Norton is. I would put it above 500,000. The engine has been rebuilt several times since 1983.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Ah, see I was suggesting that the mileage is WITHOUT an engine rebuild, simply oil changes and valve adjustments (although none of those for HDs). Obviously with fresh motors there is no reason why a bike can't go forever.

The Norton engine is solid mounted on a rigid frame. The commando engines are notorious vibration monsters. The isolastic frame was designed to eliminate that problem. On the rigid frame there's no dampening the harmonics,so all of that energy rebounds through the engine. This cause premature wearing of engine components.
The last rebuild, I bored and stroked her out to over 900cc. That did decrease the vibration quite a bit as she now rotates at a lower rpm, but produces near twice as much hp and torque. Part of the solution was to use an Atlas crank. She does thump hard at idle with the big cam, which is real cool at stop lights. We've had her up to the 150mph mark on the speedometer:)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young