SpeedRacer

"Sadly, most people won't repost this..." (facebook rant)

Am I the only one on Facebook who is sick of these type of posts? Those tear-jerking Causes that try to guilt-trip you into re-posting some sappy BS to prove you care? As if fucking around on Facebook is really doing something about the problem?>:(
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one on Facebook who is sick of these type of posts? Those tear-jerking Causes that try to guilt-trip you into re-posting some sappy BS to prove you care? As if fucking around on Facebook is really doing something about the problem?>:(

Yep. Those, and the incessant birthday wishes...

Bahumbug ;)
Remster

I liked this one:

"Copy and paste this if you know someone or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of someone who doesn't know anyone, then still copy this. It's important to spread the message. Oh and the hearts * * *; For the love of GOD, don't forget the hearts * * *"

(where * = little heart symbols. Can't make them apprear on this board)

I liked this one:

"Copy and paste this if you know someone or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of someone who doesn't know anyone, then still copy this. It's important to spread the message. Oh and the hearts * * *; For the love of GOD, don't forget the hearts * * *"

:D I just posted this

Or the people who post what they're doing at the moment are just as annoying.

"Just got home, making dinner"

"Just checked in at the 'Green Burrito' "

"Going to grandmas with the baby"

Who gives a shit.

Im just as bad because I now post when Im taking a poop, because its so important for others to know.

I liked this one:

Bwhaaaaa -- I re-posted this on my FB page - everyone Loves it :-)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I agree ... It does nothing to help the cause and it just puts something negative into most of our minds. Same goes for those "Stop Child Abuse" and "Stop Senior Abuse" bumper stickers. Not sure how anyone thinks they help ... Probably more like the opposite. When the ones who are causing the problem see it, it has to remind them that they haven't beat the shit out of a child or senior citizen in awhile.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Yeah, the thing about these and most FB "memes" is that they make people feel good about themselves without actually doing anything proactive.

FB can be useful for "doing something." Several times I've found out a friend is participating in a fundraiser event through Facebook and I've opened my wallet to support them. I'm happy to support their event and the cause that's important to them (so far I've never been asked to support one that I find abhorrent!) and Facebook is a useful tool for them to spread the word.

The rest, I just ignore - if it becomes too consistent, there's that handy "Hide" feature.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

These sorts of status updates and every-single-update about a game...those people get either unfriended or hidden. Quickly.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

These sorts of status updates and every-single-update about a game...those people get either unfriended or hidden. Quickly.

+1

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Or the people who post what they're doing at the moment are just as annoying.

"Just got home, making dinner"

"Just checked in at the 'Green Burrito' "

"Going to grandmas with the baby"

Who gives a shit.

No kidding. That's what Twitter is for.:P

I'm planning to make a fortune off robbing the people "checking in" anywhere except their house.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye