kallend

Girls - feeling depressed?

Hmmm... suddenly feeling a little depressed. Maybe I need a "prescription.":D

But actually, that's really interesting. I think I'll look up the research.

Why not do your own research?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'd be willing to bet he got in more trouble for quasi proposing/encouraging unprotected sex as mentally healthier but the one liner was easier to say was their issue...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'd be willing to bet he got in more trouble for quasi proposing/encouraging unprotected sex as mentally healthier but the one liner was easier to say was their issue...

BINGO! Of *course* sex is more fun without condoms!! But it's taboo to say so :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Geez, we had to read to the 6th paragraph before we got to the point of the story...

:D:D Just re-read the article... The "famous" line was published in Surgery News - a peer-reviewed professional trade journal... I figure the audiance is precisely the type of person who is unable to get laid in the first place, so I doubt his impicit encouragement to have unprotected sex would have had a great impact!! :ph34r: Honestly... People take offence to the stupidest things.. :S
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Sex is really really good for you.;):P & it's not just for depression, but for heart health, reducing prostate cancer risk, healing wounds, and minimizing pain! Yay science!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5263250/ns/health-sexual_health/

There is a kind of a conflict in there. On the one hand you have :

A recent study of college students at the State University of New York in Albany suggests that semen acts as an antidepressant. Females in the study who were having sex without condoms (see safe sex caution, above) had fewer signs of depression than women who used condoms or abstained from sex.

but then again :

“The present study shows that oral sex and swallowing sperm is correlated with a diminished occurrence of preeclampsia,” said the Dutch authors.

So depending on where the semen goes you either have depression and low blood pressure or you're not depressed but you've got high blood pressure.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Geez, we had to read to the 6th paragraph before we got to the point of the story...

Did that make you depressed John:P

No, it just annoys me when a writer beats around the bush (pun intended) and you keep reading and reading, wondering when they're going to explain the headline.

Did that make you depressed John:P

No, it just annoys me when a writer beats around the bush (pun intended) and you keep reading and reading, wondering when they're going to explain the headline.

ADHD?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sex is really really good for you.;):P & it's not just for depression, but for heart health, reducing prostate cancer risk, healing wounds, and minimizing pain! Yay science!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5263250/ns/health-sexual_health/

There is a kind of a conflict in there. On the one hand you have :

A recent study of college students at the State University of New York in Albany suggests that semen acts as an antidepressant. Females in the study who were having sex without condoms (see safe sex caution, above) had fewer signs of depression than women who used condoms or abstained from sex.

but then again :

“The present study shows that oral sex and swallowing sperm is correlated with a diminished occurrence of preeclampsia,” said the Dutch authors.

So depending on where the semen goes you either have depression and low blood pressure or you're not depressed but you've got high blood pressure.

Makes sense to me.
You have to be pregnant to develop pre-eclampsia. You ( meaning the female participants of the study) won't get pregnant if all you do is swallow sperm. Voila!

Honestly... People take offence to the stupidest things.. :S

And the self imposed punishment was so much greater than the offense. Some people have no sense of humor. It was a small joke of how men and women are more important to each other than we ever imagined, not a call to enslave an entire gender. Those femnists need to lighten up. :|