PalmettoTiger

World Trade Center attacked

SpeedRacer, have you ever seen "When Mars Attacks?" Let me shed some light onto what is going on in the world right now. One of the most hilarious scenes in that movie is when the little Martians are running around Zapping everyone with the ray guns and carrying a "translator box" They keep saying..."Do not run away! We are your friends" as they continue killing everyone in their path. The only reason all the Islamic countries are sending condolences is that they are scared shitless. As they should be.
You obviously have a pacifist ideaology. So I guess I can count on you to sit around, smoke some good weed, and sing peace songs. Mean while, the rest of us will make sure you can do that without getting beheaded by a bunch of nuts. I don't think you have any idea or appreciation for what the American soldier does on a daily basis. While you go to college and study biology, physics, chemistry and work towards graduating and getting a good job. Soldiers of the US are out training most days. In the wet cold mud. Eating crappy MRE's and preparing for the day they are called upon to defend America and her allies. When they are called upon they often have their hands tied behind their back. They patrol the streets of shit holes like Mogadishu and small towns in Bosnia. Often, getting shot at by the very people they are there to help. I have lost friends that were defending this country. As recently as March of this year. I'm sure I will lose more in the coming war. Sleep well under the blanket of freedom that they have provided but don't give me all this pacifist crap. I'm sure the populace of Afghanistan and many other countries around the world would like to have you come there and speak to them about what America should be doing. You are starting to sound like "Hanoi Jane"
"and behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was death"-Revelations
Clay

Oh, Gawd. Wait, let me reset my calendar to 1972.
Clay, there is no doubt that what American soldiers are asked to do is difficult. Going back 225 years, they have suffered through brutal conditions and death so that we can complain about having too many remote controls.
But just because Speedy and others want to make sure that we act with peace as the ultimate goal, does not make us weak, ignorant or drug abusers. Those whose stay and study biology, physics, chemistry also serve.

Hey freeflir.
Cool it with the pot-smoking pacifist Hanoi Jane bullshit. You obviously must have been reading someone else's post, certainly not mine. Go back and RE-READ what I wrote. I said I support military action against the terrorists, and the Taliban government, who by the way, shot their way into power & have been running a brutal & oppressive regime over Afghanistan. As far as I'm concerned, the Taliban are terrorists themselves.
I was talking about getting MAINSTREAM Islam on our side to accomplish the job more effectively. Or do you seriously believe that all of Islam is the enemy? (and how do you know that some of US, your fellow skydivers on this forum, are not Muslims?!) If people can't differentiate between normal Muslims and violent fanatics, we are in a lot of trouble. Evidently some people can't, judging by some of the stupid assholes going around persecuting Americans of Middle Eastern origin. And has it occurred to you that there are moderate Islamic governments who are right now trying to keep crazy radicals from taking over in their own countries? They already have a vested interest in allying against the terrorist radicals.
We need mainstream Islam on our side in our war against these terrorists. That's what I was trying to say.
Speed Racer
"Come up to my lab,
And see what's on the slab!"

Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top. Thank You for the link Pammi.
We all need to remember, reflect, and take a good long look around, at what you have, and love, for it could all be gone in the blink of an eye.
BSBD
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Today is an quiet day at the office. My company's corporate offices were in 2 World Trade on the 31st through 37th floors. Was talking to my NY counterpart when the 2nd plane hit. Bad day for all and the last person, my counterpart, was accounted for 2 days later. She was apparently running out of the building as it started to collapse. She still works there and took the day off to relect.

Bluez and peace to all~~~

Michael
-----
~~~Michael

I am changing my degree path.. I now want to go into the FBI under the antiterrorism task force..

Damn Clay, after reading your posts from last year in this thread I am impressed and motivated. It is an ideaology. The ideaology must be exterminated.

I don't know whether to feel angry or sad? My emotions are very mixed today. I need to find a quiet time to think about this and reflect or something..

Chilling to read this thread again..

Rob

We need mainstream Islam on our side

Hmmm...yep...haven't seen this thread in a while. Think I got fed up with it. Anyway...The sad part is..."Mainstream Islam" would comprise the majority of the people right? Well...the majority of the Islamic people in the world hate America and would just as soon have us all dead. It is the MINORITY that are peace loving "normal" people. That's the way I see it anyway. Not likely to change my mind any time soon either.
What a year it's been. I don't see that we have accomplished ALL that much other than at least putting the terrorists on the defensive instead of their short lived offensive.

Well...the majority of the Islamic people in the world hate America and would just as soon have us all dead.

This is always a delicate subject, especially today. However, I will post an article published in Canada's The Globe and Mail, outlining that over 60% of Canadians think the US's foreign policy is partly to blame for the attacks.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F67D522C1

The Globe and Mail is a very well respected newspaper, tending towards a republican (conservative) viewpoint.

A similar Associate Press article came out last week outlining similar numbers from Europe, but I can't link to it because it's expired off the site I read it from.

I wonder if given that the majority of people in western democracies think the US is partly to blame for the attacks by pissing off the Arabs, is it even POSSIBLE to convince the majority of Arabs anything...?

_Am (edited to get a shorter link)
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

is it even POSSIBLE to convince the majority of Arabs anything...?

Nope...they have been utterly blinded by hate. I have had several email conversations with people that lived in countries such as Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and some African states. Well, one quote I can remember was "I will teach my children to hate and kill Americans." So...I don't think there is much hope of "Peace." I just told the guy he should take up skydiving. It would give him at least 60 seconds to do something besides feel hatred.

I've been watching a home video that tagged along behind a rookie firefighter that went into Tower 1 as soon as the first plane hit.Then watched in grief and horror as Tower 2 was hit,then as it collapsed,and as fire,debris,and bodies rained from the sky.As the police,fireman,EMT and every public safety official struggled to live and help fight for lives that day.

I watched the faces of the civilians in the streets;the disbelief and fear in their eyes.People trying to survive;people desperate;people in pain;people in grief.Those trying to help,or the victims of the towers,wandering around in shock.Others in a panic,heart-wrenching search for loved ones lost.

I watched, crying,all those emotions back again, and remember where I was and what I was doin this day last year.

I will not forget.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I'm watching the same thing. I'm so sad. I didn't know anyone personally, but a lot of people I know did. And I can see the skyline from my work. It's just not the same anymore. I thought I had put all this behind me, but all those sad feelings came back to me today. I didn't really think it would affect me this much. I just still can't believe something like this could ever happen. Soooo many innocent people!!!! It's just so wrong. Well, the sun will rise again tomorrow and maybe I'll feel better. What a horrific nightmare. :(
=======================
"What I want is what I've not got ,but what I need is all around me"-DMB
Meghan

Mohammed sent Jabarah from Pakistan to southeast Asia on September 10, 2001, according to the documents.

Mohammed sent him to lay the groundwork for suicide truck bombing runs on U.S. and British embassies in Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines on September 11, 2002 -- the one-year anniversary of the attacks, according to the documents.

The plan was foiled after the breakup of a terrorist cell in Singapore. Jabarah was arrested last March, shortly after the cell was broken up, and is in U.S. custody.

hmmmm, so they were planning an "Anniversary" attack...

I can't tell you how happy I was yesterday when I heard they got this asshole.

--------------------
-Just reread this thread from the top. Very chilling to remember how it all unfolded.:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Only 1 of the fuckers behind it.

I heard on one news report that several laptops were recovered from the place of arrest. I am hoping this leads to OBL and Zawahiri. This arrest may force OBL and others to start moving from the obviously safe places they are now residing in. When they start moving they become more detectable.
OBL's day is coming....and it can't come too soon.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey