SarahC07

When you really really screw something up...

Last week, I screwed up... big time. And now my screw up has gathered momentum, involves a few more folks, and is eating away at my conscience. eekk. I hate hate hate this feeling!

I've apologized to those involved but I've never been that great at apologizing so I'll probably be hand writing apologies this evening.

When stuff like this happens, I tend to dissect the situation and analyze the commitments and priorities in my life (probably overkill, but that's what I do) to better understand how it all happened. Perhaps I need to make a few changes....

Anyone care to share a situation where they personally screwed up big time?

Trust me, it won't be the last time it happens. I once followed the wrong person on a big-way (70+) and when I realized the situation, I flew all the way around the formation to my slot. I thought it was fantastic flying but the 15-20 people I cut off weren't impressed! (By the way I was only benched for 1 jump). The rule about making mistakes is try to only do them once. Mistakes are life and otherwise we wouldn't have any good stories to talk about.

Last week, I screwed up... big time. And now my screw up has gathered momentum, involves a few more folks, and is eating away at my conscience. eekk. I hate hate hate this feeling!

I've apologized to those involved but I've never been that great at apologizing so I'll probably be hand writing apologies this evening.

When stuff like this happens, I tend to dissect the situation and analyze the commitments and priorities in my life (probably overkill, but that's what I do) to better understand how it all happened. Perhaps I need to make a few changes....

Anyone care to share a situation where they personally screwed up big time?

Remember this feeling and try not to repeat whatever it was that caused it.
Remember that there is a big difference between making a mistake and doing something that you know is wrong.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Twardo told me a story about a trip he took to a small Mexican border town when he was younger. Something about a donkey...:P

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.