SuFantasma

School Project Results! THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who took time to read the thread, supporting the school project, sending a post card and laughing when the post card got sent back for no postage! LOL!!!!!

Let me preface the results with a couple of bits of information I wasn't aware of:

1) This is the 9th year the school has challenged the second graders to this task. I didn't ask, therefore I didn't know and from what I've heard it's becoming a furious competition amongst the little ones.

2) For the last 8 years, the competition has been dominated by the same 2nd grade home teacher's group. That's 8-out-of-8 .. The little brats who won the first post-card contest are now pimple-wearing teens monitoring the process.

Well, all I have to say is that y'all (that's Southern for yuz guyz) have disrupted nature, altered the environment and have caused a calamity unto an otherwise predictable system.

Katie G. is now singled out as the disruptive 2nd grader who managed to usurp the winning streak from the "sure winners". A yet-to-be-named skydiver card completed the 50 states goal ahead of the "sure-shot" winners!!!!

I didn't realize the extent of the competition. My SO just asked if I could get some assistance getting cards from the 50 states. During the last four (or so) weeks, the class was getting cards from the States and to the teacher's surprise, from international locations!!!!

Yesterday the competition came to a conclusion when a card from a skydiver arrived and sealed the fate of the "sure-shot" winners.

I've asked my SO to ask the teacher for the post cards to scan them and post them online. My daughter has already designed a thank you card for all of you and I will be pressing to have it autographed by all the future owners of our jobs!

Thanks for all your contribution and remember to be kind to your kids. They will decide the quality of our retirement centers !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

...have disrupted nature, altered the environment and have caused a calamity unto an otherwise predictable system.

If you'll look in Websters under Skydiver, that's pretty much the definition! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~