missbrz

dentists....

So I just made my first dentist appointment in probably at least 7 years.[:/] Yes I know its terrible & I should have regular check ups. But I hate the dentist. This has been my greatest display of procrastination to date.
But, I'm wondering what's the longest somebody else has gone without an appointment?

Well, you may be older than me, but I'm 21 and I haven't gone since I was 17. Sure, some might consider that gross. I brush everyday, floss, watch the types of things I drink, etc. I get a lot of compliments on how white my teeth are and I have never whitened. I probably should go for at least a check up but I see the dentist as a waste of $

I'm 22 & don't remember the last time I went. I know it was definitely way before i was 17 though....;) I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with awesome white teeth except I think I might have finally gotten a cavity hence the dreaded dentist B|

Well, you may be older than me, but I'm 21 and I haven't gone since I was 17. Sure, some might consider that gross. I brush everyday, floss, watch the types of things I drink, etc. I get a lot of compliments on how white my teeth are and I have never whitened. I probably should go for at least a check up but I see the dentist as a waste of $

Your teeth are white Johnny. Probably the whitest teeth I’ve ever come across. ;)

You don't even come close to holding the record in my office for "Time Between Visits." The greatest TBV we have is 45 years.... The patient had his last exam as he was discharged from the Navy at the conclusion of WWII and we saw him in 1992, nobody else.

We manages to save what was left of his teeth... in a jar.;)

Ask your new dentist for something to calm you down... Valium, gas, etc. "Better living through chemistry."

Jump more, post less!

I go every 6 months because its free.

Have a friend that didn't go for about 4 years and hardly brushed his teeth. He claimed to have "self cleaning" teeth and that beer helped them stay clean (these are the idiots i hang with).

He went about 2 years ago and had 17 cavities. He now brushes.

If you go more regularly like you're supposed to, the visits are really no big deal. If you floss every day, even better. I didn't used to floss very much when I was in my 20's which resulted in some of my gums receeding. As a result, now my teeth are very sensitive to cold liquids. [:/] I'm a fanatic about flossing every day now, my teeth feel gross if I don't!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I didn't go from the time I was 15 til I was over 40 (scaredy-cat-me). Before you all say "gross", I was religious about brushing.

When I screwed up enough courage to finally go, I figured I would be in the chair forever and get a full dressing-down. :$ It amounted to about 5 minutes of poking/checking, 5 minutes of "scraping" and the polishing. :)
The hygienist complemented me on being so concientious about keeping up with the cleanings. When I told her it had been over 25 yrs. she practically fainted. She told me most people had more build-up in six months than I did.

Good genes, I guess! Good habits, too! :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You don't even come close to holding the record in my office for "Time Between Visits." The greatest TBV we have is 45 years.... The patient had his last exam as he was discharged from the Navy at the conclusion of WWII and we saw him in 1992, nobody else.

We manages to save what was left of his teeth... in a jar.;)40 yrs me. Fuck military dentists. Use this> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl when they rip your teeth out. Good stuff. Wish I could find some on the street. Dentures suck but saves time w/ all that brushing and flossing shit. B|

Ask your new dentist for something to calm you down... Valium, gas, etc. "Better living through chemistry."

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

WTF kind of avatar is that ? looks like a canopy and a cock ? seriously...

If you look at it from the right angle I think your right. I never noticed before.

I really hope it was not supposed to be something else, because the only thing I have ever seen is a dick under canopy. And, having previously clicked to further examine, I could read the text underneath and concluded, it was--in fact--a dick under canopy.

I like it. Why be subtle?
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin