Nataly

Get real...

I woke up this morning and checked the news and went onto this site, and I gotta say, I'm annoyed. Everywhere I go, I hear about or read about grossly exaggerated crap.

You know, some people have real problems and some places have real disasters, but the vast majority of the time, things in most people's lives are very much the same as the day before...

Did US fortune 500 companies' profits grow by 81% in 2010?? Is that possibly because the previous year they dropped by a radical amount and now they're finding their way back to equilibrium?

Did some big terrorist die about a week ago? 1 PERSON??

Am I the only one who thinks the actual impact of these events has been GROSSLY overstated??? We dramatise the smallest things... Don't get me wrong, plenty of people *wish* they had so little to worry about that they could dramatise these small things... But can we not just get real? Can we get a bit of perspective? Why, why, why does everything need to be hyperbolised?

Christ! Even this fucking rant is over the top!! I need a coffee...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The two items you mention are big deals and rightly so because at least tangentially they will affect everyone in the US, EU and a number of other civilized countries around the world, even if you personally don't believe it at this moment.

What is amazing to me is how much more coverage in total will be given to Snookie.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hey, you forgot to include the Royal Wedding - which is STILL getting press:S

What pisses me off is that NOT ONE international newspaper lead with

"SQUEAK HAS 7 HOURS TUNNEL TIME BOOKED AT ELOY"

I mean, seriously WTF....
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey, you forgot to include the Royal Wedding - which is STILL getting press:S

What pisses me off is that NOT ONE international newspaper lead with

"SQUEAK HAS 7 HOURS TUNNEL TIME BOOKED AT ELOY"

I mean, seriously WTF....

Yeah but it's all over facebook, dz.com and SS. Will you shut up already :P
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Yeah but it's all over facebook, dz.com and SS. Will you shut up already :P

Not a chance, you have 7 more months of this:DB|:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"But can we not just get real? Can we get a bit of perspective? Why, why, why does everything need to be hyperbolised? "

Because apparently, it would be boring that way, I guess. Same reason we add coloring to meat, hype up some silly basket ball game (which we have all seen before), or follow some retarded "reality" show. Society has become so enamored with crap that really has.... no meaning in life.

Christ! Even this fucking rant is over the top!! I need a coffee...

:D:D

Hey, I couldn't be happier about Bin Laden. We've been after him for over 10 years. He killed a lot of our people. Please bear with us as we express our grim satisfaction.

Corporate profits? Very much newsworthy considering the slashes in corporate tax rates in the last decade. Our country is having trouble balancing the books, and many things need to be looked up. The oil companies are having record quarters at our expense. Is it time to go after the robber barons again?

What's a snookie? :S:P

Snookie Stackhouse is the main character in True Blood sweetie. :D

Personally I think that a lot of the news out there is for entertainment purposes. Kind of like the Jerry Springer Show. It gets attention and sells. It's what's making the buck. If you don't want to read it or watch it, turn it off and look away. No one says you have to indulge if you don't want to. But since enough people are watching and reading that stuff, it's going to continue to be there. Nothing you can do about it.

Snookie Stackhouse is the main character in True Blood sweetie. :D

Personally I think that a lot of the news out there is for entertainment purposes. Kind of like the Jerry Springer Show. It gets attention and sells. It's what's making the buck. If you don't want to read it or watch it, turn it off and look away. No one says you have to indulge if you don't want to. But since enough people are watching and reading that stuff, it's going to continue to be there. Nothing you can do about it.

All true (except for Sookie!)... The main thing left out being that I do want to know what is going on in the world - I just could do without all the OVER-THE-TOP dramatisation of EVERYTHING.

That's all.

And for the record, I think 10 hours of tunnel time is every bit as "news-worthy" as a lot of the shite out there being talked about to death!! :D:D In fact, I reckon to Squeak, it will seriously impair his ability to walk for a few days, so it *will* significantly impact his daily life!!! :P There. If that is not hyperbole (mixed in with a small dose of irony), I don't know what is!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

And for the record, I think 10 hours of tunnel time is every bit as "news-worthy" as a lot of the shite out there being talked about to death!!

Meh;
Some of us don't think Squeak's 13 hours of tunnel time is all that newsworthy.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Let him have his 15 hours of tunnel time. Everyone eventually get's their 15 of fame don't they? I'm looking forward to mine. B|:D

:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Almost makes me wish I'd gone into teaching, who else has vacation time at the end of the year so they can spend two weeks straight in a tunnel?

What I want to know is how on earth Squeak can afford (on a teacher's salary) to tour the world for two years and then spend 2 months in the tunnel...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss