SpeedRacer

Top Ten cities to date a nerd

An HP-41 calculator in the photo?:D:D:D
I had one of those back in college.

HP-35, which you would know if your were qualified to date as a nerd.

Yes, when I went looking for an image to verify it, I realized it wasn't a 41.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Girls like nerds?
OK let me make that clear, good lookin girls...you know ones who look good based on the current understanding as it stands on TV like nerds?

Well that would be cool.....but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still be watching Star Trek in the dark with the lights off with out any one knowing and I will not talk about how much I want a light cycle from Tron on any dates.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Well that would be cool.....but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still be watching Star Trek in the dark with the lights off with out any one knowing and I will not talk about how much I want a light cycle from Tron on any dates.

Hey what's wrong with Star Trek, I love Star Trek.

Wait, I don't have any dates, maybe I shouldn't mention that I like Star Trek. Girls like nerds but I'm not sure that guys like nerdy girls.

Hey what's wrong with Star Trek, I love Star Trek.

Wait, I don't have any dates, maybe I shouldn't mention that I like Star Trek. Girls like nerds but I'm not sure that guys like nerdy girls.

I <3 nerdy girls.
I really do.
I know people think I'm shallow but I really do like nerdy girls.
But not a nerdy girl who can't join me rock climbing or going on long hikes or exploring the world.
But who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky one day and find a nice Nerdy Girl to go to see Tron 3....yes there has to be a Tron 3....and rock climb with.
That would be nice!
One of the girls i dated last spring was a Model Nerdy Girl. If you have gone to any of the Star Trek conventions or Comicons in NYC or Philly she was there.
She was a blast. Shame it didn't work out.
But who knows?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>OK let me make that clear, good lookin girls...you know ones who look
>good based on the current understanding as it stands on TV like nerds?

Not only do they often like nerds, they sometimes _are_ nerds. They sometimes try to keep it a secret for dating purposes.

Amy did an experiment one night. During med school, she and some friends of hers used to go to a local bar to have a beer and complain about the workload, and were largely ignored by the guys there. One night she went to a different bar (well, same owner, but different part of town) and told everyone they were secretaries. Got a lot of attention.

Girls like RICH nerds?

Fixed that for you, you forgot the most important word.

Yeah i guess.

I don't know maybe I'm different but if a girl made more money than I or was better educated I would have no problem. Heck I would prefer if she was both. But, I'm not going to forgo what I find attractive for "brains".
Maybe I want too much? And thus maybe...I'm not that different after all?

One night she went to a different bar (well, same owner, but different part of town) and told everyone they were secretaries. Got a lot of attention.

:D:D Did she sprinkle her speech with "Ohmigosh!" and "Oh, you are so funny"?

You were there? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Not only do they often like nerds, they sometimes _are_ nerds. .

My wife was a mathematics professor.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Girls like nerds?
OK let me make that clear, good lookin girls...you know ones who look good based on the current understanding as it stands on TV like nerds?

Mine does and she's pretty damn hot! Of course I think I'm just damn lucky that deep inside, she's a nerd too.

-Trunk
HYPOXIC

An HP-41 calculator

My dad gave me one of those when I was 9 or 10. I programmed it with a game for moon landing, where you plugged in fuel burn in seconds, and it returned altitude and downward velocity. The idea was to get to zero altitude with less than a small amount of velocity.

When I was in college, I had a TI-28S.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Did she sprinkle her speech with "Ohmigosh!" and "Oh, you are so funny"?

I was observing :) a pair of cuties at Illegal Pete's yesterday, as I was there with another nerd from work getting burritos. As I was leaving, one of them was complaining about how she had to spend all day surrounded by these nerds at her job.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

An HP-41 calculator

When I was in college, I had a TI-28S.

I started college with a 15c, then bought a used 41 with a whole lot of accessories, and sold the 15c.
Then the 28s came out, and I had to have the graphing, so I bought it and sold the 41.
Then the 48sx came out, so I bought it and sold the 28s.
The 48sx still sits on my desk today.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

In retrospect, probably not. Few of them that I've met wear makeup, have big hair or lots of jewelry. (Indeed they are more likely to have helmet-hair than hairspray.) One or two exceptions.

In retrospect, probably not. Few of them that I've met wear makeup, have big hair or lots of jewelry. (Indeed they are more likely to have helmet-hair than hairspray.) One or two exceptions.

We have a saying at the facility where I work. If here eyebrows are not connected and she's not wearing sweat pants at work she is hot. As such women who could not get a drink if they paid for it become empowered to the point of thinking that they are trophy wives.
And as l ing as they do not venture out of the technical community
They are.

>As such women who could not get a drink if they paid for it

What does this mean?

I'm thinking it means she's so ugly that, not only will men not buy drinks for her, but also the bartender will ignore her even if she's waving money around.

As for dating nerds, how does one even define a nerd these days? It used to mean someone who was all in to science and/or technology, but nowadays it's "cool" to be in to those things. (Well, at least it seems that way, but I'm not exactly an authority on what is cool.)