NWFlyer

The Secrets to Dating Happiness

Five facts (and one Venn diagram!) about dating .... the rest is overthinking. :P

1) The members of your target dating population are people*, just like you.

2) Some of them will like you, some of them will hate you, the overwhelming majority will be entirely neutral about you**

3) You will like some of them, you will hate some of them, you will be entirely neutral about the overwhelming majority of them.

4) If someone you are attracted to is not attracted to you, there is nothing wrong with them. There is also nothing wrong with you. You are just not right for each other.

5) If someone is attracted to you and you are not attracted to them, there is nothing wrong with them. There is also nothing wrong with you. You are just not right for each other.

*If they're not, then this is not the thread for you. I can offer no insights on human/animal or human/alien relationships.
**Unless maybe you're a terrorist, politician or Yankee fan. Then people probably won't be very neutral about you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

And all this time I thought it was roofies & red wine! :$

Which box is the red wine again?:)

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Man, that is simple. To think of all the time I've wasted on those Cosmo quizzes...

I <3 Cosmo!
but not the US version, its too clean. The UK version...oh yeah that's what I'm talking about!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I like the last two especially :)
I have a friend who was complaining to me just yesterday about the frustrations of Match.com... He was saying it's impossible to find women now that he has a 1 year old son...

I'm like: "dude, how are you approaching the subject? And anyway, what are you looking for?? If you want someone long-term, you don't want someone who's gonna hate your child... If all you want is no-strings-attached-sex, why are you even mentioning you have a son???"

Dunno... Ya gotta be realistic about who's really going to be compatible with you - most people won't be, and that's normal.

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hum....I can't speak for most guys since I am not them. But for me looks carry equal weight as intelligence.
I have met many very smart women who were attracted to me but I not to them.
So, maybe like me your friend has a finite "look" he is seeking in a partner. And women of that "look" just so happen to not be into him or him and his little one.
And maybe he is not willing to change his mind about what he finds attractive or not.
I know I for one will never date a larger girl for my x wife was a petite woman. And I don't want her to ever think that she was the best I could have ever had.
I can't speak for your friend but it may also be something similar.
And I'm not sure about other guys, but for me....it's serious.

After all...don't you feel a little better when you see an x boy friend with a woman who doesn't take as good care of herself as you do?
Or conversely do you feel a little hurt when you see an x boy friend with a woman who is maybe a little more athletic or a little taller or just all around more "attractive".

Yes dating can be easy if we bring no baggage to the table. But who is without baggage?

And for the recrod, online dating is not a good place for your average guy. When I was on match.com last year only with minium deduction I was able to note that for every single girl with in 25 miles of me there were about 30 guys. Those are just not good odds. Match and online dating is a great place for your average girl if you can get past the pushy guys who have no clue how to compose an email.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I know I for one will never date a larger girl for my x wife was a petite woman. And I don't want her to ever think that she was the best I could have ever had.

Dude that's just ten different kinds of fucked up, seek professional help FFS:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

for every single girl with in 25 miles of me there were about 30 guys.

Cool. So who did you find were the most compatible?

I had a few dates with some very nice girls. But let's be honest when it's 30 guys to 1 girl...the girl can be very pickey and more or less hold out untill she finder her "perfect" match.
As for us guys, well we have to be more flexible.
But such is life right?

Dude that's just ten different kinds of fucked up, seek professional help FFS:S

What?:o
You mean choosing a GF based on what your ex thinks isn't the right approach?
:D:D:D:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What?:o
You mean choosing a GF based on what your ex thinks isn't the right approach?
:D:D:D:D:D:D

It is a thought in the back of my head.
I'm very competative.

But for me looks carry equal weight as intelligence.

So why dont you have "at least as intelligent as me" in your list of things you can't look past?

Ha ha...yeah and kick up more shit!
And open my self up for more shin kicking?

It is a thought in the back of my head.
I'm very obsessive.

FIFY:P

Target fixation.

Happens to all of us to an extent. Maybe that's what Nats friend is doing?
I know I'm doing this but I'm ok with it.
Though not happy.

Why is one boobie green, and the other yellow?:|

:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Great, you've pinpointed it. Step two is washing it off."

That attitude is pretty understandable immediately after a divorce, but for the same reason that dating immediately after a divorce is a bad idea. That's gonna have to go.

"Great, you've pinpointed it. Step two is washing it off."

That attitude is pretty understandable immediately after a divorce, but for the same reason that dating immediately after a divorce is a bad idea. That's gonna have to go.

+1

A little bit of a knee-jerk nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo is natural... But it's hardly the basis for a healthy new relationship...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss