shropshire

What ONE thing that you no longer have but would like back?

My youth, and I don't mean my twenties, I mean my thirties. Certainly not my teens! Those sucked:( Well, maybe, my twenties, because (only knowing what I know now, and if I knew then...) I could look forward to my thirties.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

my 1967 Shelby GT 500...yes, I had one. It was number 0194 of the production year. But then again, I sold it to a guy who had a GT 350 and a cobra, and needed this one to complete his trilogy...so I guess it is in good hands.

A framed print of a pencil drawing of a barn. It drowned in Florida. The subject barn was located across the highway from the house I grew up in. It's gone now too. Lots of really great memories there, and I miss having the picture on the wall to remind me of them.

My wife. I'm in Arizona on a new job and she's in Virginia. She's trying to transfer her job. Worst case scenario, we'll be apart about four months, in total. It sucks.

I SERIOUSLY don't know how you military types do it. Fuck the bullets and bombs and constant, imminent fear of death and all that crap. You deserve our gratitude for your service just for being away from your loved ones for 6-12 months at a time.

And any of you dudes that offers to go to VA and "comfort my wife" or any crap like that and I will reach THROUGH this computer screen and pop your grapes! Any of you ladies that makes the same offer and... well, I WANT VIDEO!

Elvisio "haven't used this much lotion since high school" Rodriguez

-My best friend back

yeah, i hear you there. since the title said "thing" i replied with a thing.

but if it was a person...damn, just one...can't name just one...my brother, my first wife, my soccer coach, too many skydivers...and on and on.

That works both ways (man vs woman). My husband did 20 years, is now retired USMC. At its worst, We were apart 25 of the 36 months we were stationed in Hawaii (highly overrated) and I had a baby whilst he was in the middle east at war.

But my journey is a piece of cake compared to Navy Wives. I don't know how they do it. Their men are never home at all.

lisa
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

My grandmother. I didn't know her much, but she and my mom were really close. Mom misses her all the time even though she has been gone for over 20 years. I'd like to have known her better, and I wish she was still there for my mom as well.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The rooster lamp my roommate and I bought to furnish our first college apartment. That thing was cool - what was I ever thinking getting rid of it?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke