shah269

What would you look past.

Love
Respect
Intelligence

In most cases, you must choose 2 of these 3.

WTF?? Really?? Love and respect you shouldn't have to do without... Intelligence is relative, so if you're "dumb" all you need to do to fulfil this third criteria is find someone who matches your (low) level! (I mean "you" in the generic sense, of course :P)

Remember: there's a 50% chance that you're below average in intelligence... ;)

No, no, NO!!! It's a bell-curve, dammit!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The mean and median are coincident for a normal distribution, so half of the population is below average intelligence.

/edit: lol, misspelled intelligence

LRI
All a man really needs
Love
Respect
Intelligence
But aren't those things suppose to be a given?[:/]

You mean LRI
Love
Respect
Intelligence
Less than size 8
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well, whats your standard deviation??
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Love
Respect
Intelligence

WTF?? Really?? Love and respect you shouldn't have to do without... Intelligence is relative, so if you're "dumb" all you need to do to fulfil this third criteria is find someone who matches your (low) level! (I mean "you" in the generic sense, of course :P)

No, 50% chance you're below the median! :D:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

You mean LRI
Love
Respect
Intelligence
Less than size 8

As of late it will have to be well under size 8.
Turns out girls like about their weight more than they lie about their age.
As such yes, the two rules stay. No big chicks, and No moms.

And sadly it appears where I live women in their early 30s are either very BIG or very much a mom
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Love
Respect
Intelligence

Also incorrect - this would only be true if there were 0 people AT the median.

The best way to think about it is that "average intelligence" is best considered as a range that most people fall in. Meaning that chances are you are of average intelligence.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Also incorrect - this would only be true if there were 0 people AT the median, which obviously is nonsense, since the median is the most frequently occuring number.

You're thinking "mode." Median is the number that falls directly in the middle, with the same number of values above and below. Mode is the one that occurs most often. Sorry, just had to get the last word on that one! :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

As of late it will have to be well under size 8.

You really enjoy the verbal abuse, don't you?:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Also incorrect - this would only be true if there were 0 people AT the median, which obviously is nonsense, since the median is the most frequently occuring number.

You're thinking "mode." Median is the number that falls directly in the middle, with the same number of values above and below. Mode is the one that occurs most often. Sorry, just had to get the last word on that one! :P

Ah ha ha!!! Well, that would make you correct in your original statement only if exactly zero people fell on the precise number which is the median. Which seems unlikely. :D:D

Still, I think "most people are of average intelligence" is the most accurate statement.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

To elaborate on my last post, for discrete normal distributions, the mode, median, and mean are all coincident. So if you're going by whole integer IQ numbers then yes, the average person has an IQ of 100, more people will have an IQ of 100 than any other IQ, and the person who is more intelligent than half the rest of the population will have an IQ of 100.

But intelligence is arguably a continuous normal distribution. That means the mean and median are still coincident, but the number of people with exactly average intelligence is zero. So, half the population is below average intelligence.

I'm gonna bite on the wriggling worm from the OP, hook be damned.

Like you mentioned, in an environment where there is overwhelming majority of one sex, the minority sex will always be pursued more than if they were in the general populace. I saw this during college in the Corps of Cadets where there were a limited number of female cadets...never a shortage of guys to date/sleep with.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that skydiving is the same, but even more so because a guy who dates a girl who is already into skydiving has found someone who won't force them to quit the sport, quite the opposite in fact, because they have possibly found a long term skydiving partner/buddy to train/fly with. That one trait already elevates a seemingly normal individual above her peers from the beginning.

Tossing some other factors into the equation, the people who I've hung out with in my, so far, very brief stint into skydiving all seem to be people who enjoy the company of others, are outgoing, and enjoy skydiving for the thrill and relaxation it brings. Personalities are bound to be somewhat similar which leaves physical features and mental health (can really vouch for that one, pretty sure everyone who skydives has a few screws loose) at large.

I met my current GF of 2.5 years in college through rowing. We both loved the sport and started as friends and then ended up dating. I don't know how I got this lucky but we both acknowledge that we both have our positives and our negatives and that they balance out in the end.

Saying you have to "look past" a perceived imperfection makes it sound to me like you have a checklist and before a girl/woman can even be "good enough" for you, they must meet the lengthy set of requirements that you have. And yes, you may have only listed two (2) requirements, but odds are that those are only the ones you are willing to share and there are several more that you didn't list.

Ah ha ha!!! Well, that would make you correct in your original statement only if exactly zero people fell on the precise number which is the median. Which seems unlikely. :D:D

Still, I think "most people are of average intelligence" is the most accurate statement.

You people are thinking in discreet terms, IQ points. Intelligence is more a continuous continuum... So 2 people who test at, say, 100, will be of different intelligence, but "rounded" to the same value.

Besides, you two need to stop worrying your pretty little heads about this... ;)
Remster

You people are thinking in discreet terms, IQ points. Intelligence is more a continuous continuum... So 2 people who test at, say, 100, will be of different intelligence, but "rounded" to the same value.

What do you mean "you people"?>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What do you mean "you people"?>:(

If the average IQ bin fits... ;)
Remster