shah269

What would you look past.

Other than that, I'm a gay software engineer that is covered in piercings and tattoos... it's not like I'm in high demand, so I keep my expectations reasonable.

I'd have thought software engineering would be in quite high demand.

I tried explaining to a (maybe gay? i dunno) guy what I do the other day at a dropzone. At first, I told him "Right now I'm building web software for ski resorts." He pressed for more, and asked how it was done when someone visits a web page. I slowly kept getting into more detail when he asked more questions about it, but it didn't take much more than a few minutes before his eyes glazed over. He's a missile commander though, so it's all about finding other geeks to talk with. :-)

FAT CHICKS! 2) NO MOMS!

dude sort your shit out..

WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK PAST...

not will you NOT look past
Egghead:S:ph34r:

you only posted what you WONT look past.
Well yeah bro, as in I will look past many many things but those two things I will not.
So it was easier to just write the two no gos and let all other things fly.
Case in point, if she farts and picks her nose I am ok with it! :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

would you please just come out of the closet and save us all the time of reading your posts!

I think we need a sticky thread of executive summaries of Shah threads so we can keep up with the soap opera w/o taking all the time to read them.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Case in point, if she farts and picks her nose I am ok with it! :)

In front of you?
Extra credit if she picks my nose and farts in bed ;)

Oh guys will you relax! Yeesh!

It's funny how many women I know have a height requirement. Many do not wish to date a guy who is equal in height to them. Shorter I can understand but taller or have minimums.

Age doesn't seem to play a major issue.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

It's funny how many women I know have a height requirement. Many do not wish to date a guy who is equal in height to them. Shorter I can understand but taller or have minimums.

Well, it *is* nice when a guy puts his arm comfortably around your shoulder... And also nice when he spoons comfortably behind you... :)
What would I look past?? Dunno... Depends so much on the individual... So many things I thought would be a no-no turn out not to matter when you're with the right person :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

While in engineering school in the late hours of the evening when we were hunkered down in the university library with what appeared to be the population of Bombay and Shanghai eating curry on curry and farting soy sauce + fermented fish, my friends and I would lament the total lack of "viable" girls attending university for a career in the field of engineering and thus we use to play a game of "What would you look past..."

It got interesting. It was amazing what a guy will look past for a date when the aggregate demand is so high and aggregate supply next to nonexistent.

And reading the latest issue of blue skies magazine it became apparent that skydiving is really no different than engineering school with respect to it being a total sausage fest of epic proportions.

As such a girl who is ho hum in the outside world is a trophy wife at the DZ.

So let's play shall we?
What would you look past?

I'm easy, two basics for me have always been and always will be...1) NO FAT CHICKS! 2) NO MOMS!

Ever heard of the term Desert Princess, or Desert Queen? Yeah you think your proportions are off try a warzone.

That being said my standards don't change.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

...when a guy puts his arm comfortably around your shoulder.

I'm 6'4"...dated a girl 6'2" for a while in college, first time I put my arm around her she said..that feels nice, I don't get to do that very often! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ever heard of the term Desert Princess, or Desert Queen? Yeah you think your proportions are off try a warzone.

what is a Desert Princess or Queen?

start out here!!! ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well, You take a girl back in the states and rate her between 1 and 10. When she goes forward such as Iraq or Afghanistan she suddenly gets an extra 10 points or so. [:/]

I forget all 5 but on average the top thing that is important to a guy is sex. I think the second was companionship in activities. The third is looks.

It's not in the top five for women but by a good majority it is for men. But it is also one of many factors and by no means the only factor. Simple truth is that looks do matter though.

Well, You take a girl back in the states and rate her between 1 and 10. When she goes forward such as Iraq or Afghanistan she suddenly gets an extra 10 points or so. [:/]

The score also goes up the longer you're deployed... a girl that might be a 3-4 in the states becomes an 8 right off the bat, and it seems every month you're there, she goes up a point or two.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ah yeah....I know what you mean.
Understood. [:/]

Found it. Now I also understand there is always a variance between groups or individual theories in Psychology and all that but here's one. The top 10 for men and women are basically flipped.

The top for His are:
Sexual Fulfillment
Recreational Companionship
Atractiveness of Spouse
Domestic Support
Admiration

The top for Her are:
Affection
Conversation
Honesty and Openness
Financial Support
Family Commitment

In case your wondering I put mine in order as I see it, top two are actually a tie.

Recreational Companionship
Sexual Fulfillment
Atractiveness of Spouse
Honesty and Openness
Afection
Conversation
Family Commitment
Admiration
Domestic Support
Financial Support

:)

Since I am now taveling down the divorce road the only thing I would want and be non negotiable about is 1.. like - suport skydiving, 2 just be nice to me. I have lived with mean for so long I almost had a nervous breakdown[:/]

LRI
All a man really needs
Love
Respect
Intelligence
But aren't those things suppose to be a given?[:/]

Love
Respect
Intelligence

In most cases, you must choose 2 of these 3.

WTF?? Really?? Love and respect you shouldn't have to do without... Intelligence is relative, so if you're "dumb" all you need to do to fulfil this third criteria is find someone who matches your (low) level! (I mean "you" in the generic sense, of course :P)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Love
Respect
Intelligence

In most cases, you must choose 2 of these 3.

WTF?? Really?? Love and respect you shouldn't have to do without... Intelligence is relative, so if you're "dumb" all you need to do to fulfil this third criteria is find someone who matches your (low) level! (I mean "you" in the generic sense, of course :P)

Remember: there's a 50% chance that you're below average in intelligence... ;)
Remster