Stealth

Neptune & ProTrack

Few days ago I had a chance to try my Neptune as audible and Pro-track in other ear.
Two jumps from scary altitude - 5250ft
Throw PC at 4100 ft.

Both audibles works great at selected altitudes and simultaneously !
ProTrack shows 16 and 18 seconds of freefall and declines to calculate any speed - shows 0 km/h max 0 km/h average.

Neptune shows 14 and 14 seconds of freefall, and calculate average speed and 3K speed - it is great feature!

But it seems little useless for me to read average speed of 12K (actually between 12500 and 11500) because it is usual exit altitude, and average speed of 3K(3500-2500) because it is deployment altitude. 9K and 6K averages is great feature anyway.
Also I was little dissapointed - Neptune does not show max and min speed on screen
So only way to know how fast or how slow I was is to buy ParaLog software and go home for computer

I was impressed of Neptune swoop mode - it is great help to eyes to judge altitude.

Finally I think Neptune is good device and hope Alti will improve it further.

Finally I think Neptune is good device and hope Alti will improve it further.

That's the true strength of the Neptune. It continues to "learn" what we need from it, and the software is WAY more reliable than it used to be.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

But it seems little useless for me to read average speed of 12K (actually between 12500 and 11500) because it is usual exit altitude, and average speed of 3K(3500-2500) because it is deployment altitude. 9K and 6K averages is great feature anyway.

Alti-2 field reps can change the altitudes at which the Neptune displays speeds. Look for the closest one to you at http://www.alti-2.com/field_support_locator.htm
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy