Abedy

What first?

Probably not the most important poll in the world but I'm being curious: When you put on your trousers (pants) do you first fasten (the button) and then zip or do you first zip and then fasten?

May at least provoke some funny answers, huh?

For connoisseurs: Yes, it's from the Garibaldi-Sinclair conversation in "Babylon Squared" B|
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I zip first. It would horrify me if I buttoned first and then had my fat pooch through the zipper part. Better to contain all that first. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I button then zip...

That is the only way to do it and Skymama knows it!

We all have had those jeans we loved back in the 80s that were just a bit snug but once they were on, they fit fine. You had to do that hop up and down, suck in the gut, hold your breath, lay on the bed, to finally get it buttoned, and then you zipped. No way those could have been zipped before the button.

Admit it Skymama, the right way is button then zip...:P

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Button, then zip, if I remember.

With enough beers in me, it's better just to stay Condition Ready.;):D

Locked & loaded?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

all-button fly :)

D'oh! Forgot that one though I even thought that die-hard 501ers would bring up the all-button fly B|
Had a 501 in the early 80s when I was a student at university. I never got used to button up and especially down - always took too long when I had to take a whiz after couple beers... :)

Huh? Never thought of you as circumferencely-challenged ;)
Not being slimy, honestly.
But I know what you mean. I got underpants with a zipper (see pic attached) and... well... discovered only after I got it delivered that zipping it open might be a problem B|:$:) Huhuhu...

Button, then zip, if I remember.

With enough beers in me, it's better just to stay Condition Ready.;):D

Locked & loaded?:D

I still 'member those times when you hopped with your brand new jeans (I'm a Wrangler fan) into the bathtub, and let them dry while wearing it ignoring mums muttering and shouting. But well, it was worth all the effort including the daily routine of how-to-goddammit-get-into-them. B|
But, erm... once I really got to ...you know... valuing "locked and loaded" I started appreciating a fit not thaaaat snug :) Makes things easier. B|

I am SO glad I wasn't around for that super-tight jeans time in history. I don't wear my jeans sagging down around my knees, but my boys definitely need a little room in their house. I usually go with either regular fit about a size too big, or baggy fit at the right size.

And it's button, then zip. IMO it allows for better control of the bits and pieces before the zipper tries to mangle them. The parts on the zipper are called teeth for a reason!

Elvisio "don't know which would be worse, the physical or emotional scarring" Rodriguez

I button then zip. I alos grip the waist band button and pull straight up-wards a little bit so that the zipper isn't forced. Less work for the zipper and they last longer. Too often, folks will make the zipper work too hard, putting too much stress on it.

Chuck

If you only have button down ( or up ), there is only one way....start at the bottom and work your way up.

They are much faster to undo than zippers also, but it does take practice. This generation doesn't have the exposure to button-fly. Not too many wear 501s anymore.:(
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

If you only have button down ( or up ), there is only one way....start at the bottom and work your way up.

They are much faster to undo than zippers also, but it does take practice. This generation doesn't have the exposure to button-fly. Not too many wear 501s anymore.:(

I do, wearing them right now in factB| my other jeans of choice are 505s, (501s with a zipper)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I do, wearing them right now in factB| my other jeans of choice are 505s, (501s with a zipper)

For some of us those weak ass little buttons just can't hold back the storm! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~