ridestrong

the MOVIE Review thread

Please add your reviews using your own rating methods.. Tell us what you liked or didn't like about the movie. New, old, and any genre welcome.

**Please don't give away the ending to any movies in this thread**
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Unthinkable - this movie sucked.

It was one of those movies that pretty much takes place in one room/setting and the plot blew! I give this movie >:(>:( to mad faces and a (don't watch).

--

Kick-ass -this movie was great!

Had good action and was pretty damn funny. A few scenes were Quenton Tarantino like. I give this movie :)

Unthinkable - this movie sucked.

It was one of those movies that pretty much takes place in one room/setting and the plot blew! I give this movie >:(>:( to mad faces and a (don't watch).

I disagree. I think it shows the necessary evil which most americans don't believe in. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, no matter what the 'sheep' of the country think.

Is one.............. ahh, fuck it, not getting this moved to SC:o;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi strong,

I just saw:

Part 1: Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Part 2: Mesrine: Public Enemy #1

Fantastic movies.

I NEVER go to a theater to watch a film in a foreign language with subtitles but the review on these two got me over-ride that.

And I am VERY glad that I did.

Two very powerful films.

JerryBaumchen

I finally watched Avatar on DVD (bought the DVD a few months ago).

I was blown away at how much work and effort went into it creatively. It's awesome.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I finally watched Avatar on DVD (bought the DVD a few months ago).

I was blown away at how much work and effort went into it creatively. It's awesome.

Yep... great movie! And it's back in theaters right now for those that didn't get to see it the first time around or want to see it again.

The Expendables

Loved the movie. I was worried because whenever you have that many big names in a movie it has the potential of sucking. This was good every thing fit the guy who was doing it. I watched it twice so far.
Lots of action, and Jet lee is very funny.

I give it

** ** ** ** 4 set of Balls for the amount of testosterone in the movie.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The Expendables

Loved the movie. I was worried because whenever you have that many big names in a movie it has the potential of sucking. This was good every thing fit the guy who was doing it. I watched it twice so far.
Lots of action, and Jet lee is very funny.

I give it

** ** ** ** 4 set of Balls for the amount of testosterone in the movie.

I want to see that.

The Expendables

At age 64, Stallone is still doing his own stunts. however, in this movie, in a wrestling scene with Steve Austin, broke his neck and has had four surgeries since the movie. Vows to not do stunts anymore.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18299
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hot Tub Time Machine

This movie was ok... there were some funny parts, but I think my expectations of 'funny' were too high. It did have a bit of that late 80s early 90s comedy feel to it so that was a plus. It's worth adding to the queue.

-

Ghost Writer .... eh

I'd give this movie a C-. The plot hasn't really been done that I know of, but there were too many slow spots with only a couple interesting spots. This is more of a, wait til it comes out on HBO type of movie than, go out and rent it movie.

-

ok one more

Extraordinary Measures

This is a good movie... (based partially on true events). It has some emotional ups and downs and keeps your interest. Some of the actors may not be "true" actors but I think it adds to the feel of the movie in a beneficial way.

This is a go out and rent it soon movie. I give it a B+ and a :)

The Expendables

At age 64, Stallone is still doing his own stunts. however, in this movie, in a wrestling scene with Steve Austin, broke his neck and has had four surgeries since the movie. Vows to not do stunts anymore.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18299

I could see how that would happen... Damn good movie though...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I was intrigued with "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington. I actually purchased it late as one of those, "Ahhh, pretty much seen everything else and what the heck" movies, but found it to be one of those, "Wish I'd purchased it earlier" movies.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I was intrigued with "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington. I actually purchased it late as one of those, "Ahhh, pretty much seen everything else and what the heck" movies, but found it to be one of those, "Wish I'd purchased it earlier" movies.

Yeah I really liked 'The Book of Eli' as well, cool story line and well done.... definite recommendation.

The Town

In theaters now... this movie was pretty descent despite having Ben Affleck in it, who turned out to be pretty good. Would liked it if the bank robbery scenes were a bit more elaborate. Good 'shoot out' scenes and really cool shots of Boston.

Overall I give it a 'B'... good in the theater.

'gone baby gone' was also very good filmmaking by affleck

Was a great first effort, looking forward to seeing 'The Town'.

It's interesting how Affleck is percieved. He's actually a good actor who's played a lot of different types of roles in some great indy films as well as Hollywood stuff... but it's all overshadowed by a couple of monumentally bad choices and bland performances in the blockbusters. Seems like this is his 'rehab' period:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'd give The Town an A - fantastic movie. One of the best I've seen in awhile... and a great cast IMO.

Same here, it's one of the top three I've seen this year. Great story, acting, action, it has a little something for everyone rolled up in one quality film.