skymama

Would this situation annoy you?

It's wrong, but don't be annoyed.

It's a cheap lesson and now know exactly who you are dealing with...could have been worse, ya might have loaned her money! ;)

This. ;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Yes! >:( That is crap! She took advantage of your kindness and turned around and used it for herself. B|

+1 that there be some really bad karma
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's a cheap lesson and now know exactly who you are dealing with...could have been worse, ya might have loaned her money!

Ha, you're right! :ph34r:

I mentioned the situation to my brother when he came in our office today. He laughed and said I should have known better, since Mary has been in the family for 10 years now and I know what she's like. He's right!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I mentioned the situation to my brother when he came in our office today. He laughed and said I should have known better, since Mary has been in the family for 10 years now and I know what she's like. He's right!

Then I'd be annoyed at myself for expecting a snake to act any other way than what it is. When people show you who they are, it's best to believe them.

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

can understand you being upset mama but at the end of the day they are helping someone less fortunate which is always a good thing. Yes she should have asked and it was wrong of her not to but i would explain it to her if you feel that strong about it. It was a nice thought on your part.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

i'd be annoyed with ANyone who basically assumed that YOUR donation, with a specified request of WHERE it was to go,,,was something that SHE could do with as SHE pleased...
She took it upon herself to usurp the items.. The fact that it's a family member makes the sting.. even worse..[:/]

Hell, according to your account of the situation, "mary" only received the items, cause she was "friends" with the person who runs the shelter...

I bet allll the items were very nice and in great condition, besides...

What I would DO.. is call the Friend of "mary", and say.. "did allll those bags of clothing ever reach You??.. i gave them to Mary , to give to YOU because i wanted your Womans' Shelter to be the recipient, Can you send me a receipt"??

THEN the Shelter director can Confront Mary about it, and you won't have to...
Unless SHE brings it up... and which point you can THEN ask her to explain...

Let the Girl Scouts sell Cookies!!!!!!!;)

If i were you,,,,i'd be pretty steamed the next time i see mary... wearing Your things!!!!

Ah !! family.. they can be worse than friends!!!!!! :o:S hahahaha

jmy

Yes. That is one of the reasons I hardly ever donate to organized charities. I dated a woman who was the manager of a NPO solicitation group for a diverse range of charities. She appeared to be doing quite well for being such a martyr. Turns out that most of the money you donate to organized charities goes to pay for the operating and promotional expenses of the NPO. And the salaries of it's employees. Most often 10% or even less of your money goes to the actual charity.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Yes. That is one of the reasons I hardly ever donate to organized charities. I dated a woman who was the manager of a NPO solicitation group for a diverse range of charities. She appeared to be doing quite well for being such a martyr. Turns out that most of the money you donate to organized charities goes to pay for the operating and promotional expenses of the NPO. And the salaries of it's employees. Most often 10% or even less of your money goes to the actual charity.

Yep... I was pretty pissed off when I found this out as well... I raised over £2000 for a charity last year, and despite a £400 registration fee on top of this (out of my own pocket), only about £100 IN TOTAL went to my selected charity... I cringe to think how much of *that* then went to salaries, etc., vs how much went to the actual cause. I was annoyed that they didn't even thank me for the money, but when I found out how little they actually got, I could sort of understand... [:/]

Now I prefer to volunteer my time. At least I can more directly see what comes out of it...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss