Nightingale

Share your favorite Deuce story!

This is the last one from me....

Memorial Day boogie in Perris. JP had brought everything he owned down. We were jumping having a great time when he lands wrong and hurts his ankle. JP refused to seek treatment so the guys help him to a chair where we ice it and give him Tylenol. I kept asking him how he was and he kept saying "fine" and for us to go jump.

After about an hour he finally agreed since his foot was now black and blue and as big as a ball. I agreed to take him although I had to fuss because he kept saying to jump and he'd wait. MEN!

Anyway I get into that big red truck with the cargo thing on top making it that much bigger, slide the seat all the way forward and scoot up so I can touch the gas. JP sets the navigational toy of his and we are off. Now realize I'm from a small town and we head over some mountain, through smog, 20 million lanes of traffic, on a road that has more holes than Carter has liver pills. JP sits in back fussing about each one commenting on my driving skills...or lack of.

We finally find the hospital. I pull him up to the ER and get a wheelchair, part the truck (which wasn't an easy task in those compact spaces), and join him in the waiting room video camera in hand.

We work our way through the system entertaining everyone with the laughter. Many wanted in on the video. One nurse asked what his pain level was to whick he reported about a 9. She said why are you laughing. JP replied "Because I can"

Typical JP...always making others smile.

I still have the video. Something great to remember JP by.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I have way too many stories about him, as when we went out together, we weren't exactly a brake on each others more irresponsible urges. Every time we went out, I was amazed that i woke up in my own bed the next day, instead of in jail.

Somehow it all made sense at the time though. I'll miss that.

LOL, the funny part is he would have laughed at you two being in jail together. You know the best friends are those who sit by you in jail going "what a ride"

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I have many fond memories of JP but the outstanding one was from a couple of years ago when I was getting my tandem rating.
On my last jump for my rating JP made me take him so I could get a taste of taking big boys... I'm 5"2" & 120Lbs. It was a very fun jump, Dave Ladreche did video & you could barely see me behind him. I found out later that he had only done 2 tandems ever, one with Connie & one with me. When I heard that I felt very honoured.

I will miss you greatly JP

Well since the "Deuce Matters" thread got bumped, I thought I'd bump this one up too.

Sweetie, you are so missed :(

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey