FlyingJ

"Really, I was in the Army..."

I still like the story I heard at Ft. Benning back in the '80s. Two MP's approach a guy wearing a class A uniform at the Columbus airport. On his sleeves he has Sergeant stripes and on his lapels he has the bronze oak leafs of a Major. The MP's inquire as to what rank he's supposed to be and he replies, "Sergeant Major". :D:D:D

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Not often a woman comes first :$

What the fuck are you talking about? If she don't come first, she don't come.:S:ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Not often a woman comes first :$

What the fuck are you talking about? If she don't come first, she don't come.:S:ph34r:

You're such a gent

;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I grew up as a military brat because my dad is in the Marine Corps. I was in USMC ROTC for about a year and a half in college and then left ROTC (not college) to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I stayed in the Corps of Cadets because all of my friends were there with me. I have a lot of friends in the armed forces, quite a few of whom are serving overseas right now. My dad was serving in Japan during the crisis situation.

That said, I won't wear a shirt with the Eagle, Globe, & Anchor because I haven't gone through the obstacles required to wear them. I support the military (some branches more than others...) but I appreciate the sacrifices that my dad as an active duty Marine and my mom as a spouse of 26 years have to make.

Semper Fi
Honor, Courage, Commitment,
This We'll Defend
Semper Paratus
"Air Force Motto Here"

I've got no problem with a civilian wearing something to show their support of the military. I wear DZ T-Shirts, and I'm not staff. Same principle.

I DO have a problem with people make false claims about being a servicemember.

I've had to bite my tongue on several occasions. I have an obligation to be professional, and I know that if I started a conversation with someone who's feigning military service, it wouldn't remain professional. I keep my mouth shut and move out.

Some of these guys want attention, others are just sick:

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Serial-military-imposter-arrested-after-traffic-1263778.php

pictures-> http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49635

I stand by my statements, I wasn't a dick. I merely stated my opinion I didn't ask him to take it off or anything. That would have been a dick. Yes it is a free country, all I did was politely state my opinion. Never lost my cool or raised my voice just stated how I felt. As I was trained 30 yrs ago it's not quite the same as wearing a Yankees shirt. That's why there are alot of My Son, Brother, Daughter, Dad etc is a Marine, t shirts and bumper stickers. If I had passed him on the street I wouldn't have said a word, but we were already interacting. And no Superman t shirt wearers don't bother me. But I do get excited when I see a woman in a Wonder Woman costume. But those were my old GO-GO bar days.

Ah, so you've heard the joke about Superman and Wonder Woman then....

I have.... Flash swoops in and fucks Wonder Woman before Superman can and is gone before either one of them knows it, and she goes "what the fuck was that!?!"

Or something like that. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He said he wasn't but that he supports the Marines. I wasn't a dick about it but I said don't wear the shirt unless you are or were one, or are a wife or girlfriend or have some connection to someone who is in.

Yeah, you were a dick. He can wear whatever T-shirt he wants.

Are you a Marine?

Why yes, I am. B| Actually, I agree with DocPop. The t-shirt wearer in question freely admitted his non-affiliation. Plus, I rarely see operators wear the "gear" of their organization. Usually the only people wearing the t-shirts, jackets and hats are the fans. ;)

I am also a Marine. I see why someone wouldn't want him to wear the t-shirt if he is not a Marine, but since he said he just wears it because he supports the Marines I am all good with it. It would be a way different story if he said he was a Marine and when you ask him a question regarding the Corps he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. That warrants an ass chewing. I think its good to have people who freely admit that they are just supporters of the military rather than fuckers who just say they are in the service when they have really never served a day in their lives.

I have.... Flash swoops in and fucks Wonder Woman before Superman can and is gone before either one of them knows it, and she goes "what the fuck was that!?!"

Thinking of this?

Superman was kinda bored so he just started flying around looking for something to do. He's flying over Wonder Woman's house and sees her bedroom window is open. He stops for a glimpse and sees her lying on her bed naked. She's lying there and squirming around looking real hot.

Superman was getting turned on looking at her so he decides what the hell, I can just fly in real quick, give her the ole' in-out and be out of there before she even knows what hit her. After all he is Superman. So, in he goes, wham-bam and he's out of there.

Wonder Woman knew something happened and says, "What was that?" The invisible man says, "I don't know but, damn, is my ass sore."

Thinking of this?

Superman was kinda bored so he just started flying around looking for something to do. He's flying over Wonder Woman's house and sees her bedroom window is open. He stops for a glimpse and sees her lying on her bed naked. She's lying there and squirming around looking real hot.

Superman was getting turned on looking at her so he decides what the hell, I can just fly in real quick, give her the ole' in-out and be out of there before she even knows what hit her. After all he is Superman. So, in he goes, wham-bam and he's out of there.

Wonder Woman knew something happened and says, "What was that?" The invisible man says, "I don't know but, damn, is my ass sore."

I've seen that version also. Forgot about it, but it's funnier too. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He said he wasn't but that he supports the Marines. I wasn't a dick about it but I said don't wear the shirt unless you are or were one, or are a wife or girlfriend or have some connection to someone who is in.

Are you a Marine?

Why yes, I am. B| Actually, I agree with DocPop. The t-shirt wearer in question freely admitted his non-affiliation. Plus, I rarely see operators wear the "gear" of their organization. Usually the only people wearing the t-shirts, jackets and hats are the fans. ;)

I am also a Marine. I see why someone wouldn't want him to wear the t-shirt if he is not a Marine, but since he said he just wears it because he supports the Marines I am all good with it. It would be a way different story if he said he was a Marine and when you ask him a question regarding the Corps he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. That warrants an ass chewing. I think its good to have people who freely admit that they are just supporters of the military rather than fuckers who just say they are in the service when they have really never served a day in their lives.

I have friends who are Marines and I admire their character, and I support the Marines. However if I did have a Marines shirt, I'd prefer it say "I support The Marines" or something like that. Oooo ra! :)

Similar....I'll finish my version...

Anyway Batman bets Superman a beer he can't fly around the world in 1 Minute

Superman agrees, and zip, he's gone....

Batman waits..1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, and zip, Superman is back...

"I win, but what kept you so long"...

I was making good time, when over the Greek islands I loked down , saw WW sunbathing naked
and since I've always fancied her,and was ahead of time, thought I'd zoom down and give her one"...

"Shit Superman, wasn't she surprised?"...

"Yeah but not half as much as much as the Invisible Man"....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

The only poser i ever called out was years ago, a guy in a bar saying he's a pilot, we started talking and I realized he didn't know anything, when I called him on it he apologized and said he was trying to impress me cause he was trying to pick me up.[:/] Didn't work. Another time at my brothers house his 50ish neighbor brought her new BF over for after thanksgiving dinner visit, he started telling incredulous( i love that word) BS flying stories. My brother and I were polite and didn't say anything. But we felt like saying "Did you not hear the part about us being pilots?" it was really kinda sad, but so funny. She knew, and we never say him again.

The only poser i ever called out was years ago, a guy in a bar saying he's a pilot, we started talking and I realized he didn't know anything, when I called him on it he apologized and said he was trying to impress me cause he was trying to pick me up.[:/] Didn't work. Another time at my brothers house his 50ish neighbor brought her new BF over for after thanksgiving dinner visit, he started telling incredulous( i love that word) BS flying stories. My brother and I were polite and didn't say anything. But we felt like saying "Did you not hear the part about us being pilots?" it was really kinda sad, but so funny. She knew, and we never say him again.

I had a customer tell me it was such a nice day that he was leaving work early to go fly his de Havilland plane. I asked him what model and he said “I don’t know but it sounds like you know more about it than I do”. I let it go.

Canada had a Military? = Whodathunkit:P

Even the Swiss have an army... I thought it was just the pocket knives! :$:D

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4127684;page=unread#unread
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I failed to mention that the LTC only stepped in after one guy at the bar mentioned that he would pick up the kids beer tab and a second person said he'd pick up his lunch.

It was tough to hear exactly what was said in the "smackdown" but it was along the lines of "the reason these people are offering to buy your meal is because they respect what you've done for them. They respect the risk you've made and they respect the lives others have given. We welcome you with open arms if you want to join and earn that beer and meal that they are willing to buy for you, but for now you are just disrespecting them, disrespecting those currently serving and disrespecting those that have died to make sure you continue to have the right to pretend to be anyone you want to be. These folks don't look too happy that you were taking them up on their offer to pay for you when you didn't earn it so I don't imagine you want to stay around here very long. I will pay your tab so you can leave here now and go think about your life."

This is nowhere near verbatim, but it is the general idea of what I was able to hear.

I have no problem with anyone dressing however they choose to dress, wearing what they want to wear, but when you fraudulently take something from someone that was meant to honor the service you have rendered on their behalf then to me that is crossing the line.
Killing threads since 2004.

There was some old guy in England who claimed to be an ex Para, had a uniform, medals etc, and went out collecting money for charity(which he did present to charities) as well as marching on rememberance day.

He was outed after appearing in a newspaper story, which told his "story" but was quickly recognised by real ex Paras to be lies. (Colour Sergeant, service in Northern Ireland and the Falklands).

He was never gonna get away with it...

I think the cops spoke to him and told him if he wore the uniform in public again he would be charged.

Obviously someone with a Walter Mitty complex, but it pissed off the real servicemen.....I think a few were ready to pay him a visit....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I had a customer tell me it was such a nice day that he was leaving work early to go fly his de Havilland plane. I asked him what model and he said “I don’t know but it sounds like you know more about it than I do”. I let it go.

These retards are everywhere and i would never let it fly. They need to be put in their place and realize what they are doing is so fucked up.

These retards are everywhere and i would never let it fly. They need to be put in their place and realize what they are doing is so fucked up.

What if he really just didn't know about that plane? I'm sure it's very different, but I used to ride a motorcycle for a couple of years. I don't know anything about motorcycles except how to ride one, and really only knew the make / model / engine size of my own, and tell people similar things when they start asking me about bikes if they see a pic of my old one. Could it be possible that he's new to flying and doesn't know much yet?

dude, u'll soon get tired of that..

i once had a guy at a bar telling me he was skydiving and BASEjumping heaps, and when i asked him one or two questions.. well. obviously he's never even done a single tandem. i just hope that guy's hot GF dumped him soon after that..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Are you a Marine?

Actually I do not recall ever seeing someone wear any portion of a uniform or other insignia including berets unless on duty and without much of a choice.

Why does anyone want to wear work clothes?

Nothing to be ashamed of by far, just that you are not supposed to be calling attention to ones self.