piisfish

Low pass anyone ??

Hi tech lawnmower.....

I know quite a few Ag pilots who spend their lives at low level, albeit not in aything that fast.

I asked one how close he can get to the ground before his estimate of height becaomes guesswork. He reckoned about 10 feet off the deck is about the best he can accurately estimate. Of course this is not in level flight, its a swoop in a plane.

I'm picking that pilot in the vid didn't plan on getting as close as he did....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Hard to tell. It looks like the belly of the airplane is 1.0 to 1.5 meters above the deck?

Balls'y that's for shizzle. :o

BAH, ever see the DC-3 have to pull up to go over the packing hanger @ SD Arizona?;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

BAH, ever see the DC-3 have to pull up to go over the packing hanger @ SD Arizona?;)

Yup, think I was standing right next to you. Considered standing behind you for some extra protection.:P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Yup, think I was standing right next to you. Considered standing behind you for some extra protection.:P

The pass it did at Easter was epic. It actually dropped 5-10 feet when it got at the northern point of the approach.... I got skired... :ph34r:
Remster

Yup.

That is quite literally the best boogie I have ever gone to. Lots of really neat people at that boogie, so many friends for such a good time!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hard to tell. It looks like the belly of the airplane is 1.0 to 1.5 meters above the deck?

Balls'y that's for shizzle. :o

No... of course not. The pilots are all too responsible to do such a thing as swoop the packing hanger.

>_>

<_>

Yup.

That is quite literally the best boogie I have ever gone to. Lots of really neat people at that boogie, so many friends for such a good time!:)

Used to be a wonderful boogie. I haven't been in quite a few years. This is from New Year's Day, 2007 - I know it's not an especially low one, but I'd still say the guy in the foreground is diving for cover!

I wonder how much shit was sucked into the engines?

Not enough FOD to taker 'er down. B| Gotta love Rolls-Royce Pegasus ;)

Dude, it's still not a Harrier.

(resists obligatory AN-2 reference).

Maximum speed 509mph. Kinda slow, isn't it?

Used to be a wonderful boogie

Still is! Like most big boogies, things slowed down with the recession, but this xmas boogie was hopping! Number were up, and there are more people organizing day/night time events.

Still, it's not the dropzone.com boogie of the mid 00's...
Remster

Used to be a wonderful boogie

Still is! Like most big boogies, things slowed down with the recession, but this xmas boogie was hopping! Number were up, and there are more people organizing day/night time events.

Still, it's not the dropzone.com boogie of the mid 00's...

Good point, Remi - poor choice of words on my part. I should clarify that I'm not saying it isn't a great boogie any more, only that having been absent for a few years I'm not qualified to judge.

I do know that some of my favourite skydiving memories stem from Eloy boogies over the years. Big ways, helicopter and balloon jumps, the DC3, Otters queuing up to load, bumping into friends thousands of miles from home, free beer, sunsets... *MikeJD goes all misty-eyed*...