shah269

Finding happy?

I'm sorry I can't sell or offload.
$100k underwater. Not an option.
Working on the gig thing as we speak.

With regards to the vitamins the people at GNC...not too smart.
Suggestions on dosage? How many milligrams?
Thanks!

About 5,000 IUs of Vitamin D/day. Should be a liquid or gelcap form.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Is the 100k $ loss real or imagined?

What I mean is that did you buy your condo for 200k$ and now it will only sell for 100k$. And since you know its "worth" more then that you can't sell since you'd be loosing money you never really had.

Or is it because you've got 200k$ mortgage on it and selling it at 100k$ would still leave you in debt?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

All of our moms were right, go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. It will make you feel better, if only for a few minutes.

This.

Plus, supplement Vitamin D. Not the measly 400 IUs that you get in a multi-vitamin, but 2000-5000 IUs per day.

It's done amazing things for my overall well-being (during CA winters and almost year-round when I was living farther north).

http://www.livestrong.com/article/357793-the-dosage-of-vitamin-d-for-depression/

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/depression.shtml

Dare I second this post? :)
My doctor says lots of people are vitamin D deficient and don't even know it. I'm taking 50,000 IUs twice a week and going back in a few weeks for a retest.

About 5,000 IUs of Vitamin D/day. Should be a liquid or gel cap form.

NWFlyer,
Thank you. Would you recommend the same for the B as well?

As for the condo being under water. I bought it at $300k which was below the market value 4 years ago. But since then the market has fallen and well my condo complex started life as 50+ in the early 90's and as such a good number of the original residence are now quite older and have begun to expire. As such they families are unloading the deceased's home at below market value to be free of the liability. And thus when I appraise my accommodations it comes in at $190k due to the comps.
And as of the last survey of the complex, I am the only single person with in my complex. There is a bipolar distribution with half the residence median age at 55+ and the others at 35. Of which the 35 year olds for the most part have a +1.
It is what it is. I was just dealt a bad hand and I'm doing my best to play it as well as I can. And if I can wake up and not be hurting or have a way to wash away 10% of my stress due to improved diet and as I understand it supplements I will have that one moment to take a deep breath and to escape the cycle of fear and frustration.
Again, NFFlyer, thank you
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

About 5,000 IUs of Vitamin D/day. Should be a liquid or gel cap form.

NWFlyer,
Thank you. Would you recommend the same for the B as well?

As for the condo being under water. I bought it at $300k which was below the market value 4 years ago. But since then the market has fallen and well my condo complex started life as 50+ in the early 90's and as such a good number of the original residence are now quite older and have begun to expire. As such they families are unloading the deceased's home at below market value to be free of the liability. And thus when I appraise my accommodations it comes in at $190k due to the comps.
And as of the last survey of the complex, I am the only single person with in my complex. There is a bipolar distribution with half the residence median age at 55+ and the others at 35. Of which the 35 year olds for the most part have a +1.
It is what it is. I was just dealt a bad hand and I'm doing my best to play it as well as I can. And if I can wake up and not be hurting or have a way to wash away 10% of my stress due to improved diet and as I understand it supplements I will have that one moment to take a deep breath and to escape the cycle of fear and frustration.

Supplements are nice (and maybe necessary) but ideally they should be just that, supplements. You want to get as much as you can from the foods in your diet and fill in the gaps with supplements. Don’t forget the fresh air and sunshine, nothing better.

Short sale and rent for a few years? Foreclose and rent for a few more?

Life is too short to stay in a cycle of fear and frustration.

I just bought some B-complex pills and take one a day. The dosage is whatever they provide...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm sorry I'm not going to spend too much time defending this but I have spoken with the banks and as it stand I would have to bring $100k to the table at closing. And I do not have the $100k on hand not able to "barrow it" I would rather not talk about this subject.

OK will pick up the suppliments. Thank you
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

This is my attempt at a response without being an intentional dick.

I notice once again you have to include a comment about peoples looks when commenting about your yoga class. Maybe you should try to talk to some of those "old ladies". Maybe you would learn something from them about life.

It is impossible for me to respond without getting personal because I don't believe your surroundings are your problem. If, in person, you are anything like you come across here, you are a total self centered ass. I think in order to meet new people you are either going to have to change the way you think or learn to moderate yourself.

I'm curious what your ideas are for changing your situation.

Don’t forget the fresh air and sunshine, nothing better.

Agreed. The sun is another source of vitamin D (at least, the UVB rays are), and bright light is a known remedy for the blues. I lived in New England for a while, and I'm not sure if the mid-Atlantic gets about the same weather, but sun was a little scarce most of the year. I put full-spectrum lights around my house, especially in winter, and it helped a ton.

There is a study about vitamin D supplementation that shows even 100,000 IUs (only about 2.5mg) of vitamin D showed an improvement for patients suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder compared to placebo.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10888476

Chances are you won't be able to metabolize all of the vitamin D in the supplements you take, so you may even want to take it multiple times a day at first, but definitely take one a day, get some sun, exercise, and plenty of sleep. If you have trouble sleeping at night, try supplementing melatonin for a little while, as it can be helpful to get a more restful night's sleep.

As much as I hate taking supplements for anything, with the lower quality of food available at grocery stores (unless you can get a good deal on local organic foods), sometimes it's necessary.

CSpenceFLY
Not personal at all.
The average age at the Yoga studio I currently attend is 50+
And they like me and I like them.
Thought it would be nice if I wasn't the only person in the class under 45.

I greatly enjoy the hobby it brings me great peace but due to where I live those who practice are significantly older than I.

Nice people, and many have envied me to many dinners and lunches and I enjoy that but....I would like to meet people my age. And that is just not available where I live. And if they are my age they are married and have kids. And there is nothing more depressing than being the only single guy in a dinner party filled with married couples.

As for my "change"...new career is the only real viable option at the moment.

And please note, a person can be discerning regarding who they find attractive and not be a self centered ass. Just because I don't find someone attractive doesn't mean I see them as less deserving of being happy or less human.

But this thread isn't about this. And I would appreciate if this part of the discussion were to stop here. If further discussions regarding what I personally find attractive is to continue please start a new thread for it will eventually break down into an all out monkey shit fight. And right now I do not wish to partake in that level of discourse.
Thank you

I agree with everyone about getting outside. I was feeling down for a few weeks after ski season ended and I realized it was because I was cooped up inside everyday after skiing 2-3 days a week all season. I needed sunshine. On the rare days that it's not raining now, I go outside and run or take my daughter to the park. Makes all the difference.

Yep, agree with all who are reminding you to get natural Vitamin D as much as you can, even if it just means going outside for 15 minutes at lunch and exposing as much skin as possible (I don't mean you have to strip down and run around naked, but if you can roll up your shirt sleeves at least, it'll help with absorption).

But in more northern climates it's still tough to get enough from the sun, especially in winter months. Coming off winter (and the way Shah's described his lifestyle) I'd be willing to bet he needs to make up some ground. Sarah posted the typical reference ranges - I've heard that though 32 to 100 might be "normal" something in the 60s or 70s is considered optimal; even at the low end of the normal range, most people can benefit from supplementation.

And Shah, don't expect any supplements to be a magic bullet to snap you out of depression, but they can be tools that can help to address anything physical that might be a contributing factor. You've still got to do the work to get out of your head.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You seem to either miss the point of what alot of people post or you just see what you like and ignore the rest. I also notice you have a sidestep response to almost any post that requires a little thought and self reflection.

The change you are looking for will start from within.

Sorry I can't help and I don't think anyone else here can either.

I don't mean you have to strip down and run around naked

Don't knock this either. Good for the soul. Not so good for your arrest record.

Ha! ;)
I'm sure the old ladies in my condo complex would love that! I mean compared to the old dudes with their walkers or thier power chairs me running around naked may be a great improvement for their view.
Now if they would give proper tips not just pennies!

But no, I am just very low on energy and appreciate the the advice. I will pick up some stuff on my way home and see how it goes for a month or two.

But no, I am just very low on energy and appreciate the the advice. I will pick up some stuff on my way home and see how it goes for a month or two.

Go get some bloodwork done. Have them test for everything. Low energy can stem from a lot of different problems, not just being overworked or depression. You might find a simple answer why you feel down. Or maybe there's an underlying problem that you're not aware of.

No had blood work done early in the year.
It all came out ok.
No brother...how can I put it?
Hum....do you remember when Mike Tyson was still fighting?
Remember the dudes he use to pummel?
Well...I'm the other dude. I've done 5 rounds and I know I have to do 5 more rounds to be free.
I just want to maybe find another 10% of energy and maybe lighten up my mood.
The sun is a very good idea and I will be trying out the supplements.

I'm sorry I'm not going to spend too much time defending this but I have spoken with the banks and as it stand I would have to bring $100k to the table at closing. And I do not have the $100k on hand not able to "barrow it" I would rather not talk about this subject.

OK will pick up the suppliments. Thank you

well, you better talk about it...its worth 100K, or more. not sure of your state laws, but you need to check if your mortgage is "non recourse" or not. it makes a BIG difference whether or not the bank can come after you or not. Here in California, if it is your primary residence, and you HAVE NOT refied, you can basically walk away. Course, that is why real estate is so messed up out here.

I spoke with my lawyer and the banks...no I'm stuck.
I make too much money for any viable option of escape.
Honestly, and I say this with a very heavy heart and a deep sense of depression and sadness of someone who feels very trapped, I am stuck in this complex for 5-10 years.
There is nothing the banks can do and no legal option. So like a caged animal bouncing off the bars I am emotionally and physically exhausted.
I'm so tired I can't even meditate.
I'm hoping that maybe these supplements will ease the felling as if I have a 200lb led weight around my neck and I'm in treading water in the middle of the ocean.

I make too much money for any viable option of escape.

This makes little sense. If you make so much money you can pay it off. No?

Yeah. That's the story.
If your mortgage excluding taxes and expenses is 60% of your pre tax income.....you are too rich to qualify for any tools in place to renegotiate your debt obligation.
And if you walk away they can come after you for the outstanding balance after a short sale ($100k loss +/-), and will be a serious mark on your credit which may prohibit you from obtaining a job.
And with the age of the first generation buyers there appears to be a death every two months with a constant 6 month supply of property for sale at below market values.
And those who are moving in are married or married with kids. Not the kind of place single folks move into due to its distance from "all the fun stuff".
And well...you can't rebuild your life from sand.
So yeah, go grab two 50lb weights, tie them around your neck and jump into the deep end of the local pool. And try and not drown...that's how i feel.
And I'm hoping these pills will just lighten the load which I will have to carry for a 5-10 years by a few ounces. :|

I have rebuilt my life from less than sand.
I have paid off $100k in debt in 4 years.
I pay child support - at a high of $2k a month.
I make less than you.
I couldn't be happier.
Am I missing something?
:|

No wait. Spence covered that. Nope. Missing nothing here boss.
SIUCC.
Life kicks you in the nutz sometimes. Deal with it.
Beat it. Get better. Move on.
;)

5 to 10 years?

People sign 30 or 40 year loans every day. WTF?

I've been working on paying of debt that I did not create for 20 years, that's what a man does.

I don't feel your pain.

As they say, SIUCC.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

And those who are moving in are married or married with kids

I thought you liked soccer moms? No strings attached sex and the husband gets to deal with all the excess baggage:D

Sounds like you could still meet someone:ph34r:

Honestly though - happiness is internal and is pretty much a choice that we make. I get the feeling that you don't want to hear that though. Unfortunately to some extent I am talking from experience. Try having young kids (including twins) and see your life disappear before your eyes. Some people find it very easy to enjoy family life, I struggled with resenting the pressures. I simply will not accept that there is no opportunity for you to be happy. Perhaps like people say in other areas of life you should get advice from a professional?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is always easy. But in other areas of life you appear to have self discipline (fitness and education), so start applying that to your emotional and mental wellbeing. If you want an interesting book try 'The Road Less Traveled' by Scott Peck.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.