JohnMitchell

What should NOT go on top of a pizza.

That does look good!

I live so rurally, that NO ONE delivers pizza here :( I learned a long time ago to make my own dough and go from there.

I think that anchovies are vitally important, but if you don't like them ( or think you can't ;-) then Kalamata olives are a very good addition if you want a nice salty note.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Yes :)
It's amazing how many places that anchovies show up that people would never guess. They add that undefined savory yumminess that many people love.

The minute you tell them there are anchovies involved, all of a sudden, they start choking, spitting, and gagging.

It doesn't negate the fact they thought it tasted great before they knew "bait" was involved. Go Figure!

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It's amazing how many places that anchovies show up that people would never guess. They add that undefined savory yumminess that many people love.

The minute you tell them there are anchovies involved, all of a sudden, they start choking, spitting, and gagging.

It doesn't negate the fact they thought it tasted great before they knew "bait" was involved. Go Figure!

One example: Worcestershire sauce
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

One example: Worcestershire sauce

Ceasar salad :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Here is my pizza "hell no" list:

Pineapple
Ricotta cheese
cheddar cheese
anything barbequed
chicken
bacon
ham
steak
pasta
alfredo sauce (or any sauce with heavy cream)
greasy, fake "mozzarella" cheese (an ingredient of 95% of American pizzas)
onions
cherry tomatoes

I never heard of green beans (or any kind of beans) on a pizza until I opened this thread -- I'd add that to the list as well.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Pineapple
Ricotta cheese
cheddar cheese
anything barbequed
chicken
bacon
ham
steak
pasta
onions
cherry tomatoes

I never heard of green beans (or any kind of beans) on a pizza until I opened this thread -- I'd add that to the list as well.

mb,

Since you have a boatload of no ways, What is your perfect pizza?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Pineapple
Ricotta cheese
cheddar cheese
anything barbequed
chicken
bacon
ham
steak
pasta
onions
cherry tomatoes

mb,

Since you have a boatload of no ways, What is your perfect pizza?

Aside from my mother's homemade pizza:

Pizza with bresaola (air-dried beef, similar to prosciutto), arugola, shaved parmesan and truffle oil. This is hard to find in the States though. Out of this world, and no tomato sauce or mozzarella needed :)
Pizza with zucchini flowers, again, very difficult to find in the States.

Pizza by the slice, Roman style, where you choose your pizza and exactly how much of it you want...then you're charged by the weight.

Lombardi's Pizza in NYC

I could keep going...if I had my way I would live on pizza. It's my favorite food and I could never get bored of it -- so long as it's done right. ;)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Just as a follow up to this thread....

The pizza I made that Mr. Mitchell didn't like was gone by morning. My 19 year old son, who is VERY picky about his food, ate both large pizzas. He said it was the best! So it looks like I'm just cooking for the wrong people. :S Chicken breast, grilled onions, fresh green beans look good on your plate. Slap them on pizza dough with some BBQ sauce topped with cheese is even better. B| Of course cheese makes everything better.

But anyway, JohnMitchell is fixin' his own food now. ;) No more complaining to the cook! :D It's all good. :)