ianmdrennan

Battlestar Galactica.....

Its awesome isnt it?

Did you ever watch the 80's tv show? You may have answered that already, but I didnt read back in the thread

I have faint memories from my childhood, but really don't remember anything other than the word Cylon :)
I should grab it on Netflix for giggles!
Performance Designs Factory Team

Its awesome isnt it?

Did you ever watch the 80's tv show? You may have answered that already, but I didnt read back in the thread

I have faint memories from my childhood, but really don't remember anything other than the word Cylon :)

I've seen it. It may have been interesting back in the 70's 80's but it's just lame by today's standards. The current version just blows it away.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Its awesome isnt it?

I have faint memories from my childhood, but really don't remember anything other than the word Cylon :)I should grab it on Netflix for giggles!

I've seen it. It may have been interesting back in the 70's 80's but it's just lame by today's standards. The current version just blows it away.

It was lame back then, too.

Thats what you will get.... a bunch of giggles.

the main plot is the same.... Cylons destroy Caprica..... humans go look for earth.

differences..... Starbuck is now a hot chick. Boomer is now a hot chick..... the cylons are mostly hot chicks. That alone is enough to make the new series better.

The actor that played the original Apollo is in the new series though. Totally different character, but i thought it was cool that he is a part of it.
Dom

It was lame back then, too.

Damn.... it was my favorite show back in the day. When they got to earth it got pretty lame though.

Had me a cylon action figure that even had the red back and forth light. I used to play with that thing all the time, running around making the noise that the old cylons made. Used to drive my mom nuts.
Dom

The actor that played the original Apollo is in the new series though. Totally different character, but i thought it was cool that he is a part of it.

Richard Hatch. He has been a mainstay at Sci-Fi Conventions for years. From what I could tell he has spent the past 20 years making a living off selling autographs at Conventions.

Right before the NEW BSG came out, I went a panel discussion hosted by Richard Hatch about the series. he had been trying to get the franchise restarted for years and had written his own "Continuation" of the series. He had also self funded making a 10 Minute Trailer for his concept of a New BSG (With him as the Star of Course). He had been trying to sell the idea to networks for years. There were a lot of questions about who actually owned the right to the Franchise too. Hatch had some convoluted way of thinking that made him the Owner.

Right about the time he came out with his Trailer, This OTHER project for a totally rethought BSG came out and was picked up. Hatch was written into it basically to shut him up.

I was at another Sci-Fi Convention in Vegas that year and ended up at a Bar with Herbert Jefferson (Boomer in the original Series) and one of the Guys from the original Land of the Lost. Herbert was furious he was totally left out the new series.

I was at another Sci-Fi Convention in Vegas that year and ended up at a Bar with Herbert Jefferson (Boomer in the original Series) and one of the Guys from the original Land of the Lost. Herbert was furious he was totally left out the new series.

Childish and unrealistic attitude. I'd say the same thing if, for example, any of the old Star Trek cast had got miffed at not being cast in TNG (despite a couple of guest-castings that were done). Memo to previous cast: New show, new cast; deal with it.

Richard Hatch

Thats the dude from Survivor. Get your shit straight! ;) No matter what his story is. I like that they included him. Apollo was the shit on that show.

Herbert was furious he was totally left out the new series.

We dont miss him with Grace Park taking his place. Fuck em.

Actually I think the new BSG producers are just racist. They got rid of the black guys. Col. Tigh was a brother originally as well. :P
Dom

Richard Hatch. He has been a mainstay at Sci-Fi Conventions for years. From what I could tell he has spent the past 20 years making a living off selling autographs at Conventions.

Right before the NEW BSG came out, I went a panel discussion hosted by Richard Hatch about the series. he had been trying to get the franchise restarted for years and had written his own "Continuation" of the series. He had also self funded making a 10 Minute Trailer for his concept of a New BSG (With him as the Star of Course). He had been trying to sell the idea to networks for years. There were a lot of questions about who actually owned the right to the Franchise too. Hatch had some convoluted way of thinking that made him the Owner.

Right about the time he came out with his Trailer, This OTHER project for a totally rethought BSG came out and was picked up. Hatch was written into it basically to shut him up.

Yeah, I saw Hatch at a Con about 20 years ago. He was an embarassment then. Yes, in a (SMALL) way he kinda got the part to shut him up, but it was mostly a sop to the fans, to mollify the old-school BSG diehards, and maybe entice them into watching the new show. RDM says as much in his blog.

That being said, I'm really digging the last part of the show. Like all good SF TV (e.g., Babylon-5), this is an epic story that has a beginning, a middle, and an end (please see "10 Things You Need to Know About BSG"), even though unlike B5, Ron and Dave have essentially making it up as theyve gona along, as opposed to having sull story arcs mapped out years in advance. Tough way to make a series, but it definitely keeps it fresh and real.

I cannot believe that Dualla capped herself! :o

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

So what did everyone think of this weeks episode?

I liked it - pace finally starting to pick up. shit blowing up and crew shooting each other = awesome. judging from previews - next week should be just as interesting - with adama blindfolded in the airlock and taking into account writers' sadistic style - he just might fly...

Season 1: pretty good
Season 2: kinda interesting
Season 3: lame as hell
Season 4: not watching anymore

Pathetic that a company like Fox will keep the crap rolling for four years, and cancel good shows like "Firefly" that cost the same after 11 episodes.

I don't even consider B.G. science-fiction, I consider it a soap opera with an interesting motif.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I don't even consider B.G. science-fiction, I consider it a soap opera with an interesting motif.

Well, by that definition, every show is "soap opera with an interesting motif" - including other ones that are critically acclaimed, like West Wing and House.... even Scrubs (even M*A*S*H).

Oh, by the way, we hate you.

Fox is not involved with BSG at all, it is NBC Universal that is bankrolling the series. It was almost only picked up for a 15 episode 4th season but the studio eventually did a full 20 episode season.

The first half of season 3 dragged on pretty bad, the end was better and ever since they started the fourth the series has really kicked into high gear.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com