ianmdrennan

Battlestar Galactica.....

A co-worker of mine convinced me to give it a shot and brought in Season 1.

Well, 2+ hrs later I'm stopping to go to bed (but don't want to).

I had no idea the show was this good - even my wife is into it and NEITHER of us are really into this genre.

Anyone else fans?

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Uh.. did you do a search for other threads?

I have EVERY episode that has been released so far on DVD.

The current season just started on the Sci Fi Channelon Friday night. Its the last 10 episodes of the series.

before the weekend... go get the other seasons.. and do a marathon:ph34r:

i've heard from a few friends that it's really good but have never got round to watching it, i'll have to give it a go.

Something that i did watch recently that i never watched when it was on TV was "Carnivale" - thoroughly enjoyed both seasons of that

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Huge fan of it! Part of the motivation of getting my HDTV this fall was my cable provider was going to start showing SciFiHD just in time for the final 10 episodes. :ph34r:

I'm saving my money for the Blu-Rays. Universal had launched BSG on HD-DVD only to have the format fail so now they have to release them on Blu-Ray at some point.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Something that i did watch recently that i never watched when it was on TV was "Carnivale" - thoroughly enjoyed both seasons of that

You should like Battlestar then because the producer of Carnivale is a producer on Battlestar.

Cool :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Yes -- that show rocks. The same thing happened to me.. I was in CA last year for work and my boss asked me if I watched BSG. I had not heard of the new series..

I got back and watched the first show.. from that point on I ended up watching 4 hours per night until I was caught up.. my wife was like WTF .. then about 2 months later I convinced my wife to give it a try .. so I had to watch them ALL again with her.

P.S. Some of the jumptown folks came down to Spaceland last weekend for the Texas Team Elite dives with Guy .. it was a hoot..

-Rob

SciFi is KILLIN me that they green lighted Caprica... Its a story that can only hurt the current story lines.

Ian, I encourage you to watch Razor also. It fills in some missing pieces along the way once you get into Season 2 and 3. Once you get past Season 2 (and its shocking cliffhanger ending) Sci-fi has some wonderful series of webisodes that are well worth checking out, then they did some leading up to Razor and they did another series for the gap between Season 4 and 4.5.

One of the best things about BSG beyond the best writing on TV is the post production. The effects are cinematic in scale and scope, some of the fleet shots are just impeccable and I've seen worse on the big screen in recent years. Ron Moore has also pushed the medium and is built out to the web and direct to DVD release for that aspect also. The Webisodes are put together so well that they could stand as their own episode on TV even though they do not have any of the major players in them. They are not critical to the story in any way but seeing them fills in little gaps along the story to fill out the details. The post season 2 series especially had this ability to hook you as much as the TV series did.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have been a HUGE fan since the beginning. Just got a chance to watch Fridays new episode last night. DONT open the other BSG thread like I did...it will ruin some of the good surprises! ;)

Agreed. Not thinking, I did the same thing and was pissed I did.>:( I had to immediately go watch it.

Except for these 10 final eps all previous episodes are out on DVD. Those who haven't seen the show and want to should start from the beginning. Yes, it seems a bit much to do so, but trust me if you like it you'll be thankful you did.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

The other thread clearly said "SPOILER" in the title. What did you guys expect??:P:D:D

Ian.. If you like BSG, Another sci-fi series that Non Sci-Fi fans seem to love is Firefly. I can bring you the DVD`s if you are interested. Great series.

(We will bring you over to the Geek side sooner or later)

The other thread clearly said "SPOILER" in the title. What did you guys expect??:P:D:D

Ian.. If you like BSG, Another sci-fi series that Non Sci-Fi fans seem to love is Firefly. I can bring you the DVD`s if you are interested. Great series.

(We will bring you over to the Geek side sooner or later)

I actually gave Firefly a shot - I liked Serenity (the movie) but the show just didn't grab me for some reason.

And J - I've been a geek for a LOOONG time, most people just don't know it :)
Performance Designs Factory Team

I tried watching the show right before the movie came out, didn't like it. Went to see the movie because I didn't notice it was part of the Firefly series. I liked the movie, the series made a lot more sense to me. After I bought the series on DVD, I found out it was an old series that was canceled, and was dis-appointed.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I considered it, but figured if I did then I'd get a bunch of spoilers, which I'm trying to avoid

Never ever open the other thread. It will ruin not only the final epsidodes but mess up the entire series for you. Just that 1st episode of these final ones will screw it up
Dom

another big fraking fan of BSG here!:ph34r:

I got into this series b/c my (now ex)hubby would stay up and watch it in bed at night after work.I'd be laying in bed reading a book and listening along with it until I finally got hooked on it and had to go back to watch all the episodes from season one to present, including Razor.I'm now looking into buying the whole series for myself in the near future.

I think the closing of this series will be bittersweet b/c I cant wait to finally get to the end of the journey with the fleet, but on the other hand I'll be sad to see the show go.[:/]

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."