warpedskydiver

Flying bear kills two Canadians in freak accident

OTTAWA (Reuters) – Two Canadians died instantly in a freak accident when a car hit a 440-pound (200-kg) black bear and sent the animal flying straight through the windshield of an oncoming vehicle, local media said Wednesday.

The bear's body hit the 25-year-old driver and a 40-year-old man sitting behind her and then shot out of the back window. The bear also died.

The accident happened Monday night in a rural area about 25 miles north of the federal capital Ottawa.

"We don't see (this) often, even if we live in the country. Lots of deer, but collisions with a bear and two people died? That's really rare," local police spokesman Martin Fournel told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Collisions between vehicles and animals are common in Canada, which has a healthy population of large wild animals such as moose and deer.

Damn what sort of impact speed do you need to make a 440lb bear fly through the front and back windows :o

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, if the bear would have.....

...been paying attention to altitude.

....did a proper gear check.

.....flown stable.

.....not have downsized to quickly.

.....got advice from real people at the DZ.

this would have never happened.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

Damn what sort of impact speed do you need to make a 440lb bear fly through the front and back windows :o

That much mass has a LOT of inertia (kind of the definition if you think about it). My guess it it would go through the front and back windows without too much problem at a fairly low speed depending on the size of the windows and the angle it hit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That much mass has a LOT of inertia (kind of the definition if you think about it). My guess it it would go through the front and back windows without too much problem at a fairly low speed depending on the size of the windows and the angle it hit.

yes there is a lot of inertia, but to get that mass moving and then airborne, let alone traveling through the entire length of the vehicle i think woul take quite a lot of initial force.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Canadians do it right!
Man, 40, woman, 25....he's my hero!
Too bad it got cut short.

Freakin' bears, flyin' all over the place. Can't even go out for a romantic cruise anymore.
>:(

It's a final:
Bruins 2
Canadians 1

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, if the bear would have.....

...been paying attention to altitude.

....did a proper gear check.

.....flown stable.

.....not have downsized to quickly.

.....got advice from real people at the DZ.

this would have never happened.

How do you know he wasn't flying stable, was that anywhere in the report? I didn't see anything about downsizing, or advice. Geez, some of you people just HAVE to comment before the official report from the bears in question come out!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

The bear also died.

:D

I love that someone thought it was necessary to mention that, after all that had happened to the bear, I doubt it would have taken the deductive skills of Quincy to work that out,:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This was definitely rare. I can only remember seeing one or two dead bears by the road over the years.
Moose and deer on the other hand are common. By the way, do ya know the main difference between a moose and a deer?,,deer are stupid, moose just don't give shit.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

This was definitely rare. I can only remember seeing one or two dead bears by the road over the years.
Moose and deer on the other hand are common. By the way, do ya know the main difference between a moose and a deer?,,deer are stupid, moose just don't give shit.

Deer: The brain of a rabbit, in the body of a small horse.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I thought it was Honey Badger don't give a shit. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.