What's up with this? (stamp on $2 bill)

Got a $2 bill today with a stamp that looks like someone under canopy. Hope the pic is clear enough...

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I think i twas Zhills that did that with $2 to prove to the city that skydivers provided a boost to the economy. I think i twas 10-15 years ago when the city was trying to run the DZ off.

It worked!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Where did you get it?

Yeah, really! I haven't seen a $2 bill since the last time I toured Monticello (I'm willing to bet the majority of $2s in circulation came out of there ... it's kind of their thing)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

A local (Washington state, US) grocery store gives them out as change. They still make them.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The St. Patrick's boogie in Fitzpatrick, GA, and formerly in Dublin, GA has had skydivers bring hordes of $2 bills to the boogie and get the canopy stamped on them.

You'd be surprised how well some bills travel.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We stamped all of the 1$ bills at the WFFC and lots of other bills if we had time. Same reason. Some people in Quincy or Rantoul were saying "Damn skydivers" but when they pulled their wallets out, we would show them, that the money that they had been given in change by the grocery store, laundry mat, gas station or restaurant had been first spent their by a skydiver. It's a really good way to quietly prove your point.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I think i twas Zhills that did that with $2 to prove to the city that skydivers provided a boost to the economy. I think i twas 10-15 years ago when the city was trying to run the DZ off.

It worked!

They still do it to EVERY SINGLE BILL that comes across the counter. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

What BV said. There's always a big push at the Dublin/Fitzgerald boogie to bring as many $2 bills as possible. They'll stamp them all before you go into town and spend them. Helps the town realize how much money we bring in during that one weekend.

What BV said. There's always a big push at the Dublin/Fitzgerald boogie to bring as many $2 bills as possible. They'll stamp them all before you go into town and spend them. Helps the town realize how much money we bring in during that one weekend.

What about $3 bills?

"He looks like he could change a nine-dollar bill in threes."
-- George Kennedy in "The Eiger Sanction"
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I got the idea from Z-hills. The $2 was my idea.

And it's a good idea, as a $2 does stand out. That being said, why not stamp as many bills as possible of any denomination? The more stamped bills get circulated, the more the point is made to the locals.