monkycndo

Twardo.....mind control?

I don't know how he does it.

He makes it known he will be doing a demo jump to open the airshow at an airport about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. For some unknown reason, I get the uncontrollable urge to go see him in action. When I should be doing important chores instead. It's as if I lost my free will.

So, after making the long drive, I take up a spot right behind the rope barrier to get an upclose view of the landing area.

Wow, I have to admit it was worth the drive. The show was fantastic with Twardo spiraling down trailing smoke and his partner flying a huge flag, all the while being encircled by an acrobatic pilot flying close around both. It brought a patriotic tear to my eye. And to top it off, there was a wind shift just as he turned for final making it a downwinder. He handled it with such skill as only an expert and professional skydiver could do. I would have to drop down on one knee in the hopes to be able to match it.

But back to the mind control. After he had worked the crowd, we onlookers followed him to one of the tents in the hopes of gleaning some of the knowledge he had acquired over the MANY years he has been in the sport. It was becoming clear that after holding court for some time, he had become parched do to the tales he had just bestowed upon us. And here's where that mind control came in. I found myself not only offering to drive him to the liquor store so he could quench his thirst, but actually buying him said frosty beverages. But wait, there's more of his cranial contorting handy work. Once we arrived at the park where he and his team mate were to pack their rigs and flag, I offered to pack his rig for him. I hate packing, and yet I found myself volunteering to attempt to control the newish and slippery main he had just jumped. He is an evil genius. It wasn't until after I finished that he informed me that the main was a 210 and the d bag was sized for a 170.

So beware of this mind controlling menace. You might just find yourself becoming a chauffeur, bar tender and pack bitch.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

But wait, there's more of his cranial contorting handy work. Once we arrived at the park where he and his team mate were to pack their rigs and flag, I offered to pack his rig for him. I hate packing, and yet I found myself volunteering to attempt to control the newish and slippery main he had just jumped. He is an evil genius. It wasn't until after I finished that he informed me that the main was a 210 and the d bag was sized for a 170.

Sucker!

But seriously, didn't think the old fart let anyone pack for him... one of his 'rules'.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It's true, I saw it all with my own two eyes. The old man is wily. :D

He and his teammate did pack their own flag, at least (see attached).

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I found myself volunteering to attempt to control the newish and slippery main he had just jumped. He is an evil genius. It wasn't until after I finished that he informed me that the main was a 210 and the d bag was sized for a 170.

That's a tough situation. I find it helps to leave the slider outside the too-small bag to make more room for the canopy. I'm sure Twardo would be fine with that. :)

It's true, I saw it all with my own two eyes. The old man is wily. :D

He and his teammate did pack their own flag, at least (see attached).

...better yet, i ended up with YOUR ultra cool bottle opener!

;- D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I found myself volunteering to attempt to control the newish and slippery main he had just jumped. He is an evil genius. It wasn't until after I finished that he informed me that the main was a 210 and the d bag was sized for a 170.

That's a tough situation. I find it helps to leave the slider outside the too-small bag to make more room for the canopy. I'm sure Twardo would be fine with that. :)

It's actually easier if you just take the bag off altogether and freepack it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

no a happy Chappy Twardo?

He's ALWAYS a happy guy! :$:ph34r:
Cunningly diguised as a grumpy looking fucker in the pic though:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

All kidding aside, it was a hoot to finally meet Twardo. He and Chuck put on a nice demo. If you haven't had a chance to sit and listen to the old man tell a story, you are missing a real treat. I long ago offered to buy the beer, and finally had the chance to make good.

It was funny as I offered to pack for Twardo, Chuck said he wouldn't accept. I was surprised when Twardo let me do it. But I got $10 bucks that says he pulls it out and repacks it. But it won't go in the bag as easily.:P

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

All kidding aside, it was a hoot to finally meet Twardo. He and Chuck put on a nice demo. If you haven't had a chance to sit and listen to the old man tell a story, you are missing a real treat. I long ago offered to buy the beer, and finally had the chance to make good.

It was funny as I offered to pack for Twardo, Chuck said he wouldn't accept. I was surprised when Twardo let me do it. But I got $10 bucks that says he pulls it out and repacks it. But it won't go in the bag as easily.:P

He didn't last this long by trusing just any monkey to pack for him. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

...better yet, i ended up with YOUR ultra cool bottle opener!

;- D

Only the best PIA swag for you, my friend. :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke