shah269

I pod help....two ipods of different sizes

A bit f help would be nice.
I have to ipods of differing size.
Is there a simple way of setting up Itunes such that each device has it's own playlist and media with out having to create a separate account?
Thank you
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Pulleeeze...Apple is nobody's friend. Hey Shah, you want to make it a hat trick? I've got a barely used 5th gen. Nano w/sennheiser buds. I'll give you a good price.

I hate apple with the best of them, and I own an iPhone 4, a Mac Mini and a macbook... gotta know the enemy.

Setting up two ipods to sync different playlists isn't rocket surgery, if shah can't figure it out... I'll explain it to him. I just refuse to help most people when they haven't put forth the effort to try to figure it out themselves.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Pulleeeze...Apple is nobody's friend. Hey Shah, you want to make it a hat trick? I've got a barely used 5th gen. Nano w/sennheiser buds. I'll give you a good price.

I hate apple with the best of them, and I own an iPhone 4, a Mac Mini and a macbook... gotta know the enemy.

Setting up two ipods to sync different playlists isn't rocket surgery, if shah can't figure it out... I'll explain it to him. I just refuse to help most people when they haven't put forth the effort to try to figure it out themselves.

He's an engineer, he'd better be able to sort it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have 3 different iPods, all with different playlists from one iTune account. No problem setting them up, or playing them. One for the car (older one that needs to be plugged in to work, d/t the battery not holding a charge anymore, but it works just fine for the car). One for the gym (little nano that I don't mind bouncing around). and one on my iPhone (for all around playlist for everything else, including playing through my wifi speakers in the house). And I'm no rocket scientist. :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Screw iTunes. I used to use yamipod but now use CopyTrans Manager. http://www.copytrans.net/

The ONLY reason I use iTunes sometimes is its ability to resume downloads so I can get some podcasts and apps out here. Otherwise I would rarely be able to get anything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

What limited functionality? The only thing CopyTrans Manager does not do is save copies from the iPod back to the computer. Regular CopyTrans does though and is free. True that it is a second program but also not a functionality I use as all my stuff is already on my computer.

I've been looking through it and I can't figure out what the $20 version of CopyTrans does. I downloaded it by accident before I realized I needed the Manager one. It copies stuff off just fine but maybe only for a certain amount of time?

If I can ever get the thing to download I'd try out the SharePod one too.

I've been looking through it and I can't figure out what the $20 version of CopyTrans does. I downloaded it by accident before I realized I needed the Manager one. It copies stuff off just fine but maybe only for a certain amount of time?

If I can ever get the thing to download I'd try out the SharePod one too.

I think that the only limitation is that sharepod can't modify the files on an iPhone/iPod touch that's running iOS 4 or newer. However, it allows you to copy all of the music off your device and import it into iTunes
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

A bit f help would be nice.
I have to ipods of differing size.
Is there a simple way of setting up Itunes such that each device has it's own playlist and media with out having to create a separate account?
Thank you

The simple way to do this is to plug in each iPod. Each iPod is recognized as a different device and you can configure what goes on each one by selecting it in the left hand window of iTunes and then going through the tabs for Music, Video, etc
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey