Deisel

Signs of a Mid Life Crisis?

Time for some life advice online since this is always the most reliable information in the world. :)So how do you know if it's a mid-life crisis or just turning life up a few notches? What if you were to say, start surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, riding a motorcycle, flying a plane, and a few other things. Normally, no big deal. But does doing it after you turn 40 mean that you have issues? [:/]

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast. :)Wondering what the cyber jury has to say.

LIFE is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside., totally worn out proclaining, WOW, WHAT A RIDE.

Man. You gotta LIVE until you DIE. Take every chance. See all you can see. Do all you can do. When you slow down is when you peter out and fade away.

I have tried to live my life to the fullest. Some shit I regret as just wasting time but boy have I had fun along the way. The way I see it is that I have done things in my life that most people only dream about.

As far as I'm concerned there is no mid-life crisis. It's just turning another page in your book of life. Rock on with your bad-ass self.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I disagree with the term "Mid Life Crisis". Unless you come from a wealthy family it's usually only in these middle aged years when you can afford to do some of these things people identify as crisis. I would much rather call them "Mid Life Adventures".

The term "mid life crisis" bugs me too but not nearly as much as when I hear somebody say "are you trying to recapture your lost youth?" This usually comes after the "lost youth" person buys a sports car, especially if it's a convertible. As if a gray haired guy and a convertible look silly together.

It's fun, dammit. That's why I do it.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I missed out on mid-life.

I was young, got married and then all of a sudden I was old.
WTF happened to mid-life?

I'd love to go back in time and have a mid-life crisis.
I'm left with just having an old-life crisis but I'm too much of the tightwad to spend the cash to have one.
[:/]

What I need is a petite, blond, blue-eyed coed to help me over the hump.
:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I disagree with the term "Mid Life Crisis". Unless you come from a wealthy family it's usually only in these middle aged years when you can afford to do some of these things people identify as crisis. I would much rather call them "Mid Life Adventures".

The term "mid life crisis" bugs me too but not nearly as much as when I hear somebody say "are you trying to recapture your lost youth?" This usually comes after the "lost youth" person buys a sports car, especially if it's a convertible. As if a gray haired guy and a convertible look silly together.

It's fun, dammit. That's why I do it.

You have gray hairs??? I did not see any gray hair on ya.... must be the short ones you a hidin...:ph34r:

Don't listen to people who tell you how to run your life. We certainly all had our share of them, Yes, a lot of them be H8trs. :P

Sure, there's some mid-life crisis folks out there, trying to recapture their youth. Then there's a lot of people out there, knowing their real age, but enjoying doing what they do. I'm not going to run out and get a face lift, hair plugs and a coed g/f, trying to be twenty again. But hiking, biking, camping, jumping, etc? Hell yes. Excuse me if I don't atrophy in my rocking chair. :P:D

Excuse me if I don't atrophy in my rocking chair. :P:D

I like this. Would come very nice on a T-shirt worn at the DZ with "Skydiver over 50:" above.

BTW: I saw a guy with "Skydiver over 60: Please help me into the plane. Falling out of it, I still can do on my own." (Was in German, it's translated as close to the joke as possible. B|)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

When I met my father in law he told me how old he was, and that his life was basically over. He sat in a rocker for 35 years, and by god he finally died. He out lived his wife who was a go getter, hard worker, into everything kind of person. I know that she had the better life, even if it wasn't as long.
I'm glad her son takes after HER.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I went a different direction. Convertible sports car to follow this fall if employment holds steady.

You sure as hell got the beautiful babe to go with it. ;)B|

Yup...she came first. B|;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)