Deisel

Signs of a Mid Life Crisis?

Time for some life advice online since this is always the most reliable information in the world. :)So how do you know if it's a mid-life crisis or just turning life up a few notches? What if you were to say, start surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, riding a motorcycle, flying a plane, and a few other things. Normally, no big deal. But does doing it after you turn 40 mean that you have issues? [:/]

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast. :)Wondering what the cyber jury has to say.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Time for some life advice online since this is always the most reliable information in the world. :)So how do you know if it's a mid-life crisis or just turning life up a few notches? What if you were to say, start surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, riding a motorcycle, flying a plane, and a few other things. Normally, no big deal. But does doing it after you turn 40 mean that you have issues? [:/]

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast. :)Wondering what the cyber jury has to say.

Haters be jealous, yo.

One thing I remember from nursing school was how they helped us differentiate between a neurosis and a psychosis. A neurosis was just a particular or peculiar behavior. A psychosis was when that behavior interfered with your ability to:

1.) Do your job;
2.) Take care of yourself (i.e. hygiene and nutrition);
3.) Maintain your normal interpersonal relationships.

So if you're doing all this new stuff and keeping up with the rest of your life, then rock on! If you're doing all this stuff so you can attract younger chickies to fool around on the wife and aren't paying your bills and getting fired from work for too many "surfing breaks" then you might have a problem.

For me, I figure I just stopped maturing (note I didn't say aging, just maturing) somewhere around 27. It's been good so far, we'll see how long the muscles and bones hold up.

Elvisio "no need to cheat on my wife, she's a hottie" Rodriguez

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast.

Tell them to get lost and go have fun.

Exactly. I have always gone by the old saying that "You don't stop having fun when you get older, you get older when you stop having fun." I waited until my mid-late 30s to start skydiving, racing cars, getting my pilots license etc, but mostly because it took until then to have a job that paid well enough for me to really start enjoying life. Like someone above said, if you are taking care of the other aspects of your life, then go have fun. The haters are just jealous because they aren't doing the same...

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast. :)

They're just jealous. I'm jealous! Enjoy your life and don't worry about it!:)
I'm in my forties and I started skiing a couple years ago and snowboarding this past season. I don't see any reason to stop having fun and learning new things just because you hit a certain birthday. But then I'm not one to sit on the sidelines and watch my life go by, I prefer to participate fully.

As a fellow middle-ager, I'm with everyone else in here. Seems everyone's standing in line to be a f**ing buzz-kill, or at least impress you with how astute an amateur psychologist they think they are. People should either be encouraging or STFU and mind their own business.

Personally, I think that it's all good, but I've been told a couple of times that I have mad issues! Whatever it actually is, I'm having a blast. :)

This is where my "three stages of life" speech comes in.

1) From birth to about age 20, you're going to school and living your life doing what your parents want you to do.

2) From about age 20 to 40, you've gotten married, had kids, and your life revolves around making the wife and kids happy.

3) And then finally, at about age 40, the kids are grown and out of the house, and you finally have your life all to yourself, to do what YOU want. This does not make you middle-aged crazy. It makes you someone who has worked hard all your life to get to this point, and you have now EARNED the right to be selfish and do what you want. One should not feel the least bit guilty for doing so.

That's what I said! Now that I can afford to get out there I'm taking full advantage of it. And being single again doesn't hurt a bit B| People keep asking when I'm getting married again. I say 'as soon as I find a chickee that can keep up!'

Life is meant to be lived my friends. And I'm thankful everyday for my like minded sky jumpin buddies :)

The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

A mid-life crisis can only happen if you know how long you're actually gonna live and thus know where the 1/2 way point is:P

Why subscribe to other folks version of normal - we jump out of planes for christ sake - how normal is that (well very for us, I guess [doh])

... so F**K it and do what ever you want to do , when you want to do it ...B|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Buying one of these... B|

that's one ugly looking car, what is it?

As to mid life crisis, meh Im 48 and im doing what i want because i can now AFFORD to do it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WTF is THAT?

2005 Chevy SSR. It's basically a Corvette with a hardtop convertible truck body. :)
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2005/chevrolet/ssr/base_roadster_convertible/340/specifications/index.html
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

that's one ugly looking car, what is it?

The car???:o
I thought he was talking about the shirt, shorts, and sandals.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

WTF is THAT?

2005 Chevy SSR. It's basically a Corvette with a hardtop convertible truck body. :)
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2005/chevrolet/ssr/base_roadster_convertible/340/specifications/index.html

OK that's what we call a UTE (utility), but we do them better B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I disagree with the term "Mid Life Crisis". Unless you come from a wealthy family it's usually only in these middle aged years when you can afford to do some of these things people identify as crisis. I would much rather call them "Mid Life Adventures".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over