PesadillaK

Best place to sell a Rig?

Hi, I have a complete rig that I want to sell but the main canopy is just too small for most of the available customers at my Home DZ (Crossfire-2 109).
All is in pretty good shape, but as I live in Mexico, I am wondering what do you think would be the best way to sell it; Commmissioning it to a big DZ like SDC or Perris, giving it to Square-1, posting it here in Dropzone.com, posting it on eBay or what?
It is a full rig, Mirage G4 + Crossfire-2 + Cypres-2 + Smart reserve al with less than 200 jumps on it. Also, I don't want to sell it in parts...I am in no hurry.
Any advice will help. Thanks!
Full Planes and Blue Skies Always!

I just sold my main via Mike G (Chutingstar). Pretty straight forward process, they inspect it, tell you what he thinks it's worth. If you agree, he posts it, and sends you a check when the deal is done. (less 10-15% iirc)

If you don't agree, pay the inspection fee, and have it sent back to you.

ETA: You can also use that inspection report in your sale if you decide to sell it on your own.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Depends. How much effort do you want to put into it?

The easy way is to put it on consignment with one of the larger gear dealers. You get less money out of the sale, but all you have to do is get it to them and wait for a check. You also don't have to deal with scammers.

If you have the time and desire to deal with potential buyers yourself you'll get more money out of the sale. Please do a good job of verifying that a potential buyer is qualified to fly it before you sell it to them. This is another area where having a dealer sell it for you can be really helpful, as they likely have contacts at a potential buyers dropzone and can quickly verify experience.