jrmrangers

Ugggghhh what a weekend!!!

So i finally get to the dz this weekend, and it was beautiful when i got there !! Not long after my first jump the clouds rolled in and all students were put on hold. Done for the day. Sunday as per tradition i went to play golf with my granfather, which was nice , but as if to tease me i could see the jump planes flying over the golf course climbing to altitude!! No jumps on sunday. Hopefully next week is better.:S:(
Wait , I pull what first?

Welcome to Sport Parachute Waiting.:P

:D:D:D

Sport Parawaiting. I can't wait to use that.B|

I got that from some grizzly old-timer in the Midwest, so long ago I don't remember who it was.
It certainly fit that locale.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

weekend? what's a weekend? they got my ass working EVERY sat, sun and! mon.:( looks like i got fridays to jump all summer. anyone know a good thur. dz?;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Sorry you didn't get to jump, but well done for still having a life outside the sport. :)
Two points by way of consolation:

1) Once you get off student status the weather rules will get a little more relaxed. I still remember when students used to jump rounds, and it was even worse then - Lord knows how people ever qualified!

2) You don't live in the UK. I think our climate should be listed in the encyclopedia as 'non-jumpable!'

We made one jump Saturday, then got winded out. Today was overcast, then overcast and windy. Dang, and I just remounted my Go-Pro and was really psyched to jump it. [:/]

That's the weather gods telling you to ditch the GoPro and get a Contour:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Why is it that in the EU we can jump when it's cloudy but in the US we can't?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Apparently they don't have to listen to the FAA or its FAR's in Europe.

Odd, isn't it? :S:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

a LOT of the US Dz are also on municipal airports or share the airport with other aviators, you want clear skies as much as possible when you are not the only airborne object around the DZ.

Here in OZ we jump in weather that would ground a lot of US DZs, some of our DZs also have a "Cloud jumping manual", which allows then to jump in pretty much any cloud coverage.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Welcome to Sport Parachute Waiting.:P

:D:D:D

Sport Parawaiting. I can't wait to use that.B|

But the weather's bad. So I'll have to wait. . . .[:/]

:P

In Paragliding we have Parawaiting (defined same as above) and Paravaning - where you drive from hill to hill to try to find one withe the right wind direction/strength

Then we have Parabollocks - like the bonfire - where we just talk shite about our sport and the people in it!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Here in OZ we jump in weather that would ground a lot of US DZs, some of our DZs also have a "Cloud jumping manual", which allows then to jump in pretty much any cloud coverage.

We've tried for similar regs at our DZ. I wrote a letter to the FAA explaining why it could be done safely. It's not the 1960's anymore, after all. So far, no luck though.

At least you got one jump in. I showed up Saturday morning to blue skies but winds blowing at 10-15 gusting to 20-25. Sat around catching tandems until about 1pm and then went with some friends to float one of the local rivers and drink beer. Woke up Sunday morning to the same winds and the same blue skies. Switched to slinks on my risers and did a repack and then rode home on my bike.

>:( : 0 : 0