Lastchance

Tooting my own horn.

Last night my (our) 8-ball pool team the "Faw Cues" won the City cup championship after 4 days of stressful ups and downs. I am the hinge man on our team, and I am by far not the best player but I can hold my own against anybody in our league.

I am usually put up to do the tie breaker match which is the way it went through most of the the session and the tournament.

We lost one game in the tournament which put us in the losers bracket, so we had to fight our way back to the winners bracket. After all said and done we were up against the #1 team. Since we lost a game earlier on we had to beat them twice in a row to take first. I beat my opponent in the first round in the rubber match. So here I am again in the final game of the final match for the championship. My opponent has no balls left on the table and I have three. She shoots at the 8 and misses the ball completly giving me ball in hand. The pucker factor in the old sphincter was around eleven. Here was my moment of glory so I grabbed it by the balls and squeezed hard. I ran my three balls off and dropped the 8. Holy shit the feeling I felt when I watched that ball fall was unlike anything I had ever felt. I had just pulled off the win for our team in a fucking nail biting finish and now we are on our way to shoot in the Nationals in Las Vegas. I am in no way whatsoever taking credit for everything for us going to the Nationals. It was a team effort and every single point and every single win by every single member put us there. I just happened to be lucky enough to be the deciding factor.

Way to go Faw Cues.:) I just had to share this

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Congrats on qualifying for the Nationals, that's a big deal in any hobby or sport. Good luck and let us know how you do! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What a beautiful story over coming the odds. I'll be crying all day just thinking about it. Maybe this story will inspire me to finally stand up to that bully down at the soda shop.

I'm feeling pretty invincible at this point. Want me to go kick hiss ass for you? ;)

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

What a beautiful story over coming the odds. I'll be crying all day just thinking about it. Maybe this story will inspire me to finally stand up to that bully down at the soda shop.

I'm feeling pretty invincible at this point. Want me to go kick hiss ass for you? ;)

Now no using your pool cue. That's cheating.:P

I'm feeling pretty invincible at this point. Want me to go kick hiss her ass for you? ;)

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Now no using your pool cue. That's cheating.:P

I was always told if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

Doesn't seem to work in relationships too well though. [:/]
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message