bertusgeert

Tower? Speed Glider? Why not?!

Hi bert,

The last that I heard of him, he was on tv crying because the locals said that they were planning on putting him in jail for 5 days.

Boo Hoo - Do the crime, do the time.

While I do not have a dog in this fight, the local paraglider groups are doing everything that they can to disavow this guy.

JerryBaumchen

I'm not a paraglider, but that does not look all that impressive to me.
He is already loading the wing before launch other than a little balance issue I dont see what the big deal is.

but like i said I'm not a paraglider so might well be missing a lot of stuff
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm not a paraglider, but that does not look all that impressive to me.
He is already loading the wing before launch other than a little balance issue I dont see what the big deal is.

but like i said I'm not a paraglider so might well be missing a lot of stuff

It's a 14 sq. meter speedwing (Speedmaster). usually with PG launches you have an area to lay it out, inflate it, drop it if it isn't good, and take your time to fly. It's just a super tight launch with a rail (and two buddies...& a kid) mixed in. He gets pretty close over that building on his approach too, with high winds/turbulence.

It's tricky and could have easily gone wrong. Never mind the legal issues associated with this. Regardless, looks like he had fun. Wouldn't see me doing it - ever.

Edit to add: usually speed launches are tight (mountain ridges & edges). I mean, this guy probably wishes he had some sort of parachute/glider...http://www.snotr.com/video/7059

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!