bunkerup

old new guy

I made three aff jumps 21 years ago and now am thinking about trying the sport again. I did not continue because I got my priorities all screwed up and went back to college, LOL. I am now 41 and looking for honest advice whether or not I am too old to really get into this sport. I tend to be extremely compulsive so I go all out at anything I do. Let me know your thoughts.

I made three aff jumps 21 years ago and now am thinking about trying the sport again. I did not continue because I got my priorities all screwed up and went back to college, LOL. I am now 41 and looking for honest advice whether or not I am too old to really get into this sport. I tend to be extremely compulsive so I go all out at anything I do. Let me know your thoughts.

Not even close to being too old. I'm 46. I started when I was 24, got my A license and made about 35 jumps and then quit for 16 years.

Got back into it when I was 40 and I've made about 340 jumps since I got back into it. I'd have made a lot more but I cant afford to jump nearly as much as I'd like. I'm not the greatest but I'm a damn sight better than I was when I was 24.

Hope I'm still at it when I'm 80 :)
__

My mighty steed

No doubt the college was the right decision but I can see myself getting extremely addicted to this sport and looking for the advice, thanks for the reply

Did my AFF1 at 39 and looking to my 48th B'Day soon, chonologically you are not to old.
How are you mentally and phyically?

Some 40(ish) year olds are way to old for this, some 60+ are not.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not trying to say i am the picture of fitness but I am a 18 year veteran firefighter so I do alright. As far as mentally as I said I am a firefighter so you can make your own decision. Just kidding

if you are firefighter fit and mentally alert..
Get ya shit to the DZ and have funB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not trying to say i am the picture of fitness but I am a 18 year veteran firefighter so I do alright. As far as mentally as I said I am a firefighter so you can make your own decision. Just kidding

if you are firefighter fit and mentally alert..
Get ya shit to the DZ and have funB|

And bring beer. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I met a 59 year old guy a few months back at the local skate park. He could thrash the cement pool better than I could and better than most other locals. Mad respect.

You're as old as you let yourself be. Doesn't matter what age you are doing anything, just as long YOU are having fun doing it.

Ya ain't old till it's a part of your name ;)

Go, enjoy, and drink a beer afterward. If you want to make even some more jumps; Go, enjoy, and drink a beer afterward, repeat, until you don't want to anymore. Then enjoy the memories.

The most important part is ENJOY B|

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

No doubt the college was the right decision but I can see myself getting extremely addicted to this sport and looking for the advice, thanks for the reply

Did my AFF1 at 39 and looking to my 48th B'Day soon, chonologically you are not to old.
How are you mentally and phyically?

Some 40(ish) year olds are way to old for this, some 60+ are not.

Same here did my first jump at 39 I'm 51 now and jumping more than ever

edited to add: Some days I am the youngest jumper in the group
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!