Meso

Ryan Dunn Dead at 34

Anyone who has ever been into Jackass either from the MTV days or the movies, will know Ryan Dunn.

Unfortunately he passed away this morning in a car accident. The world has one less crazy in it, that's never a good thing.

RIP

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/jackass-ryan-dunn-dies-dead-car-crash-accident-pennsylvania/

Sounds like he died driving fast and taking chances.

Can't say I'm surprised he died, except for the manner in which he passed. Was thinking it would be during some jackass type stunt, not just drunk driving (assuming that's what it looks like).
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Anyone who has ever been into Jackass either from the MTV days or the movies, will know Ryan Dunn.

Unfortunately he passed away this morning in a car accident. The world has one less crazy in it, that's never a good thing.

RIP

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/jackass-ryan-dunn-dies-dead-car-crash-accident-pennsylvania/

If by getting drunk, and speeding, risking the lives of innocent people, then yes. I may be speaking too soon, but I'm sure tox reports will show the same, considering his twitter post earlier in the evening. Drunk driving deserves no sorrow.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

RIP

If by getting drunk, and speeding, risking the lives of innocent people, then yes. I may be speaking too soon, but I'm sure tox reports will show the same, considering his twitter post earlier in the evening. Drunk driving deserves no sorrow.

The un-named passenger who died in the car with him might though.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

RIP

My remark was not one of admiration and I offered him no sorrow.

Drunk driving deserves no sorrow.

When your brother is laying in that casket, tell me you have no sorrow.

RIP Dunn, prayers go out to his family and friends.

My brother won't go near alcohol, but I see what you are saying, and, if I did have a close family member that was driving drunk, and killed themselves, I would mourn, but I would also look down in the casket, and call him an effing idiot!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

When your brother is laying in that casket, tell me you have no sorrow.

RIP Dunn, prayers go out to his family and friends.

I would have some sorrow, but I doubt I would have any sympathy.
I have no tollerance for drunk drivers and no sympathy for for them if they hurt themselves of get caught and arrested.>:(
I do have sympathy for those that they injure or kill however.:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Speeding drivers (drunk or not) kill people too. It's interesting that people always freak out about drunk drivers but not about speeding drivers, even though both (together or separately) are factors in many fatal accidents. (I'm not condoning drunk driving, just pointing out that driving too fast shows the same amount of disregard for others.)

and speeding drunk drivers...

they made a huge mistake, and paid by their lives.

luckily no external people were involved...

it's always sad to loose people who have the ability to make you laugh, and make you wonder how are they still alive at 34...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Speeding drivers (drunk or not) kill people too. It's interesting that people always freak out about drunk drivers but not about speeding drivers, even though both (together or separately) are factors in many fatal accidents. (I'm not condoning drunk driving, just pointing out that driving too fast shows the same amount of disregard for others.)

The common denominator is that they are drivers. Drivers are such assholes.

Wow.
That's a HUGE stretch.

Why is it a huge stretch. If you are driving much faster than the posted speed limit you are showing a real disregard for the saftey of those that share the road with you, and those whose homes are on those roads.

I live on a country road 50mph speed limit. People routinely drive 20-50 mph above that posted limit on that road. Those drivers are certainly concerned with our saftey!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

There are many fatalities caused by (often sober) speeding drivers. Speed was apparently a factor in this case, in addition to alcohol.

Speeding has it's risks. But speed by itself is not the evil doer.

- Speeding on a race track, has it's risks. But as long as people know what they are doing, speed can easily be managed in the controlled environment. What makes speeding on a race track manageable is it's predictability.

- Speeding in the public roads has it's risks, risks much higher than speeding on a race track, because the predictability is lost. Excessive speeding on the public roads should never be tolerated.

- Speeding after consuming alcohol regardless of whether this speeding is on the public roads or a race track is just dumb. Of course speeding on a race track after consuming alcohol is pretty much unheard of. Sorry but Ryan Dunn showed us exactly what a Jackass he really was when he got behind the wheel of his GT3 after consuming alcohol.

BTW ... it appears that Mr Dunn actually had experience driving his GT3 on race tracks, so it's not like he did not know how to handle such a powerful car. It was the alcohol that killed him and his passenger. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Wow.
That's a HUGE stretch.

I don't think so, but.... that's just my opinion.

There are many fatalities caused by (often sober) speeding drivers. Speed was apparently a factor in this case, in addition to alcohol.

I would say tell that the people on the german highway ;)
One the 3th Lane at the german highway you found people that drive 143 Miles per hour....some are faster(legal).

Speeding has it's risks. But speed by itself is not the evil doer.

- Speeding on a race track, has it's risks. But as long as people know what they are doing, speed can easily be managed in the controlled environment. What makes speeding on a race track manageable is it's predictability.

- Speeding in the public roads has it's risks, risks much higher than speeding on a race track, because the predictability is lost. Excessive speeding on the public roads should never be tolerated.

- Speeding after consuming alcohol regardless of whether this speeding is on the public roads or a race track is just dumb. Of course speeding on a race track after consuming alcohol is pretty much unheard of. Sorry but Ryan Dunn showed us exactly what a Jackass he really was when he got behind the wheel of his GT3 after consuming alcohol.

BTW ... it appears that Mr Dunn actually had experience driving his GT3 on race tracks, so it's not like he did not know how to handle such a powerful car. It was the alcohol that killed him and his passenger. :S

Biggest load of car related bollocks posted thus far.

Lets see who can better it.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Slow drivers (drunk or not) kill people too. A garbage truck kill my friend when I was a child...Its funny how people always freak out about drunk and fast drivers...
My photos

My Videos

Its funny how people always freak out about drunk and fast drivers...

I know lots of people who freak out about slow drivers too! Especially when they're driving in the fast lane. :P

Anyhow, it's being reported now that he was probably doing around 130 in a 55, so I think the speed was likely one of the factors in this fatality. Sad for their friends and family, but fortunate that no unwilling participants were injured too.