Squeak

Whatever happened to...

Remember, any ideas or suggestions on how to get the site more user-friendly and get things to 'how they were' - I'm all ears, and the more voice you guys give the more I'll be able to use it as a lever to encourage the guys 'up stairs' to invest into them :p

asome changes could be good, but in order to have it "like before", we would need to have certain people back, and the guys "upstairs" or the guys "downstairs" wouldn't give them back to us [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Remember, any ideas or suggestions on how to get the site more user-friendly and get things to 'how they were' - I'm all ears, and the more voice you guys give the more I'll be able to use it as a lever to encourage the guys 'up stairs' to invest into them :p

asome changes could be good, but in order to have it "like before", we would need to have certain people back, and the guys "upstairs" or the guys "downstairs" wouldn't give them back to us [:/]

That is something a few of us have said a few times. I would argue that the "hey-day" of DZ.com was around 2003. After a number of deaths of some beloved members, the attitude has changed significantly. [:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That is something a few of us have said a few times. I would argue that the "hey-day" of DZ.com was around 2003. After a number of deaths of some beloved members, the attitude has changed significantly. [:/]

Have to agree with Dave here... [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

You've all hurt my wittle feewings.....all my posts have been fun, entertaining, intelligent and downright worth saving for posterity.
[:/]

All the intelligent female posters.

Do you have something to tell us? ;)

(please disregard the sigline. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain)

I feel you man, I know some of the members were very much the 'life of the party' and created the vibe. I guess what my desire is, is to try keep it as much of a friendly community as possible. And have the functionality based around what would be best for that and not to make it function solely on a business model, obviously for the site to stay up it needs to have ads and pay the cost of maintaining, but I've often seen signs go for the solely technical or business side and completely neglect the members, something I would never want to see here, not that there's any hint of desire for that from anyone involved.

What I am getting at primarily is that I'd like to just make the site a pleasure to browse and a pleasure to post. Make things as user friendly as possible while incorporating some new features. And try to get the people that are here still to post more and actually enjoy it, I'm constantly thinking of ways to better the site and try make it a better experience for you people.

As you say though, unfortunately some times when time passes things happen and you can't achieve that same feeling or atmosphere that was once there. This forum has an awesome history, especially bonfire, and while I may not be a big part of the community - I'd still hate to see the essence disappear.

I'm still trying to rally to get an upgrade to the forums and site functionality. Quite frankly, the site and forum need a revamp desperately.

Are we all talking about the web site in general, the forums, or just the Bonfire forum?

Because I think that overall, dropzone.com has provided skydivers with an outstanding set of features. This is the place to go for information about skydiving. (and I don't do bold tags very often.)

The forums are subdivided into areas that make a great deal of sense, and the moderators are incredibly dedicated.

Perhaps we are all suffering from information overload. Perhaps there is so much information here that we can't continue to increase it at past rates.

In any case, I think that we can all help by taking a moment in between finishing our typing and clicking on "Post Reply" to think about whether what we are saying helps promote skydiving, or is just more internet crap.

Do you have something to tell us? ;)

No, but I do have something to show you!

Ummmmm...hold that thought. I've learned already: DFWAJG.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Was once a time when Bytch, Mar, Sartre, Chelle, GFD (R.I.P.) LMW, Shotgun, Krissanne, MsCrebbs and a few others used to post some insightful, thought provoking stuff. Arguments were had with reason and logic.
I miss those sorts of posts.

funny can't remember you being in any "thought provoking stuff" unless its one about (what flavor of condom do i use):ph34r:

tell truth your fed up speaking to guys and and want some of the dz.com hotties to cheer you up :D:D:D

DING DING DING, we have a winner!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

RkyMtnHigh? Anyone hear from her or know how she is doing? (Not that she ever posted insightful, thought provoking stuff.);)

I talked to her a couple weeks ago, she is still on FB ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

This forum has an awesome history, especially bonfire, and while I may not be a big part of the community - I'd still hate to see the essence disappear.

a great place to make friends, meet incredible people in real life...
Had beautiful times visiting the "Johannesburg" crew, Pa2themd, Peej, Pia, tonto, and many more, and always great to stay in touch by facebook, phone or LIVE :-).. tonto just by thoughts :(
also my "americans", of which many hardly post anymore (except for Amazon, LouDiamond and DiabloPilot which are still prolific).. Thinking specially of Frenchy69, Vanillaskygirl, Lostinspace... and others which I never met, but had great electronic/voice contacts...

At the time there was some drame, lots of fun, and the electronic persona were interesting.

And we had the DDlist :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There is no drama if you don't communicate. :ph34r:Thus the reason we blocked each other I guess. :D

Anyway, have a great visit.:)

Good point! I will thanks :)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well then please tell her the butt cheetoh says hi.:D

I think we blocked each other on facebook.:)

You're on facebook now?! And you didn't friend me? Even after I sent you boobie pics?

I friended you and you never sent me boobie pics!!

I'm waiting. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Was once a time when Bytch, Mar, Sartre, Chelle, GFD (R.I.P.) LMW, Shotgun, Krissanne, MsCrebbs and a few others used to post some insightful, thought provoking stuff. Arguments were had with reason and logic.
I miss those sorts of posts.

Me thought provoking? LMAO, Bunny the most thought provoking thing I posted was which set of safe words to use :P And Im on facebook, remembers, you deleted me then readded me :D love you.

And HEY Remi, didnt need to be so quick to point out his typo in including my name. I had my entertainment factor. I think you even got to ban me a time or 3 :|
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

>Was once a time when Bytch, Mar, Sartre, Chelle, GFD (R.I.P.) LMW,
> Shotgun, Krissanne, MsCrebbs and a few others used to post some
>insightful, thought provoking stuff.

I used to look forward to Shannon's posts, but from what I remember they were more along the lines of "hey, look what I found in my bellybutton!"

I don't think all that much has changed. There are far more people, so there's far more noise. But I started posting on rec.skydiving around 1993, and by 1995 I remember someone (Mike Masterov maybe?) posting "why isn't this place like it used to be? Why isn't anyone posting thoughtful, intelligent stuff? All the spam, all the pointless bickering . . ."

>Was once a time when Bytch, Mar, Sartre, Chelle, GFD (R.I.P.) LMW,
> Shotgun, Krissanne, MsCrebbs and a few others used to post some
>insightful, thought provoking stuff.

I used to look forward to Shannon's posts, but from what I remember they were more along the lines of "hey, look what I found in my bellybutton!"

I don't think all that much has changed. There are far more people, so there's far more noise. But I started posting on rec.skydiving around 1993, and by 1995 I remember someone (Mike Masterov maybe?) posting "why isn't this place like it used to be? Why isn't anyone posting thoughtful, intelligent stuff? All the spam, all the pointless bickering . . ."

And by 2000 Wreck-dot was a horrible and useless place. What does that tell you about the comparative history and possible road that DZ.com is on?

And by 2000 Wreck-dot was a horrible and useless place. What does that tell you about the comparative history and possible road that DZ.com is on?

Well, wreck-dot proved w/o a doubt that skydivers needed adult supervision to remain civil. I was delighted to discover dizzy.com with it's mods.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, wreck-dot proved w/o a doubt that skydivers needed adult supervision to remain civil. I was delighted to discover dizzy.com with it's mods.

Same here. I'm also glad that Speakers Corner was separated from Talk Back. SC is nearly unreadable now days, as polarized as the posters have become. That and the blatant trolling in that forum.

I also think that the Incidents forum should be much more heavily moderated.