ffejdraga

Any Jonathan Livingston Seagull fans here?

Anyone?
That book has had a profound effect on my outlook on life, skydiving, aviation.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It is US.

If you have read it, you know what I mean.

Jeff D-16909
Resident, Far Cliffs

Once or twice;)

Whenever, I go to the used bookstores around, I look for some copies. I pick them all up, and give them away to the Fletchers and Jonathans I come across.

I'm a huge fan of most of Richard Bach's books. One and Gift of Wings are others on top of my list.

I found that being like Jonathan in the ways of being able to teach (Fletcher) and being able to learn (Chiang) makes me very content. Challenged by what I dont know, and happy to look back and see a student's progress from what I was able to pass on.

Jeff D-16906

Anyone?
That book has had a profound effect on my outlook on life, skydiving, aviation.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It is US.

If you have read it, you know what I mean.

Jeff D-16909
Resident, Far Cliffs

Hi jd,
Yup, Jonathan is a trip. Sometime after he wrote Jonathan, Richard Bach went "Skydiving!" 'Forget exactly when, it was a few years ago, article ran in "Parachutist" "Jonathan Jumps!" As I recall he went down to Tampa Sky Ranch honchoed by the late "Mac" McCraw. I believe he made a bunch of jumps and even got as far as getting an "SCR!!"

Remember the quest for "Perfect Speed!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I donated my copies of both "JLS" and "Illusions", as well as many other skydiving and aviation books, to the drop zone bookshelf. But I never see anyone reading them. Not even on windy days when there's nothing else to do.

Sad thing. Both are great books. All his books are pretty good.

-SPACE-

Forever in bluejeans;) sorry down under its dungaries Squeak you get stateside and near Eloy you gotta place to stayB|

Thanks Giz, I am in Eloy in December, but Im staying at Amy and Jasons place.
Thanks for the offer though

Looking over my should i can see 3 Dick Bach books within easy reach, i'd have to walk to the lounge room to get the JLS albumB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

And let's not forget the generations of seagulls inspired by ol' Jonathan. Yes, what Point Break is to skydivers, Jonathan Livingston Seagull is to seagulls. Many of today's seagulls will recount with awed expressions, the first time, as young hatchlings, that they read this historic piece of literature, and tried to dive at super-speed downwards into the backyard bird-bath.

Of course, today's seagulls are more reckless, more daring, and doing everything they can to push the limits of winged flight, just as Jonathan did back in the rebellious 70s. Some of them are even starting to wear small, lightweight cameras to record their heroics. Sadly, no one has warned them of the dangers of this sort of practice. It seems that their ego-fed mania for techno-music-ridden short films featuring their own torn feathers, close calls with passing motor vehicles and breathtaking aerial bombardment on passing tourists has over-ridden all good sense in these macho-hedonistic young bird-brains.

http://mashable.com/2011/06/25/seagull-viral-video/

When will the madness end? If you have any compassion, any humanity, any soul please, please stop your seagull friends from this wanton disregard for Basic Safety Requirements! At least until they have 500 or so flights.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD