nigel99

Evil mother in law

I saw an article on BBC about the following email sent from a british future mother-in-law in the UK. Wow that is one uptight bitch!.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/withering-heights-future-motherinlaws-attack-on-fiancee-goes-global-20110630-1gt1v.html

I think relationships in that household are going to be rather strained - especially now that the email has hit virtually every major news outlet in the UK, some in the US and Australia:D

It is high time someone explained to you about good manners. Yours are obvious by their absence and I feel sorry for you.
Unfortunately for Freddie, he has fallen in love with you and Freddie being Freddie, I gather it is not easy to reason with him or yet encourage him to consider how he might be able to help you. It may just be possible to get through to you though. I do hope so.
If you want to be accepted by the wider Bourne family I suggest you take some guidance from experts with utmost haste. There are plenty of finishing schools around.
Please, for your own good, for Freddie's sake and for your future involvement with the Bourne family, do something as soon as possible.
Here are a few examples of your lack of manners:
When you are a guest in another's house, you do not declare what you will and will not eat - unless you are positively allergic to something. You do not remark that you do not have enough food. You do not start before everyone else.
You do not take additional helpings without being invited to by your host.
When a guest in another's house, you do not lie in bed until late morning in households that rise early - you fall in line with house norms.
You should never ever insult the family you are about to join at any time and most definitely not in public. I gather you passed this off as a joke but the reaction in the pub was one of shock, not laughter.
You should have hand-written a card to me. You have never written to thank me when you have stayed.
You regularly draw attention to yourself. Perhaps you should ask yourself why.
No one gets married in a castle unless they own it. It is brash, celebrity style behaviour.
I understand your parents are unable to contribute very much towards the cost of your wedding. (There is nothing wrong with that except that convention is such that one might presume they would have saved over the years for their daughters' marriages.)
If this is the case, it would be most ladylike and gracious to lower your sights and have a modest wedding as befits both your incomes.

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Why is that evil?

Your not married are you?:P

Sorry but if my mother sent that e-mail to my wife it would be the last we saw of her (my mother that is).

It's not evil - but then it is not a great way to setup the relationship with your future daughter in law.

* If you are wanting to be fair and balanced we have no idea of much of a bitch the daughter in law might be. But where would the fun be if she deserved the email?:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Well, her delivery is a little harsh, but one should always have good manners.

I will never forget a dinner I had soon after my engagment to my ex-husband where we went out with his parents, who happen to be British. I had only met them a few times, but his mom felt it was time to have this lovely conversation:

His mom: I know you've had your tubes tied, have you thought about adoption?
Me (stunned): I have two kids, they're 16 and 18. I see the light at the end of the tunnel! (trying to lighten the mood with a joke)
His mom: But, he's never had children. Have you thought about adopting a Chinese baby? It's very popular now.

:|

He didn't even want to adopt a baby, this was all her idea!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was taught that it is much more rude to point out someone's bad manners, You're supposed to [hoity-toity accent]"Rise above it, deahh"[/hoity-toity accent]. :P

And, then there is the stupidity of putting something like that in writing >:(

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Have you thought about adopting a Chinese baby? It's very popular now.

:|

He didn't even want to adopt a baby, this was all her idea!

Chinese/Asian babies provide a good ROI down the road when they get good stable well paying jobs and can help you in your old age later on.

Unfortunately for my parents I'm only half asian. [:/]
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

As a yong bozo, I hooked up with a girl from the other side of the tracks. Her daddy was a hot-shot lawyer in town having all the trappings of wealth.

First dinner at Daddy's house...

Me: WTF is this little bowl of water? Is it some high-falutin' thing to put your water in a bowl instead of a glass? Oh well (drinks bowl of water)

She: (Sharp elbow jab to the ribs)

He: (Says nothing)

Later...
She: WTF you doing drinking the finger bowl?

Me: Whaaaa? What's a finger bowl?

A similar latter could have come from him but it didn't. After that, it was one of those deals where "I know that you know that I know..." but nobody talks about it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

i'm still trying to figure out the connection to him not having children and adopting a child. wouldn't the reason she'd want her son to have children be continuing the bloodline or something? and where would an adoption help this?
http://kitswv.com

I dont have a big issue with the manners side of things.

The delivery could use work.

It was discussed on the radio today, no one seemed to consider that the future DIL, actually posted that personal email in a public forum. Which has resulted in a world wide condemnation of the future MIL,
If I were the future hubby, i would probably have a bit of an issue with future DIL for "airing dity laundry in public", and I dont even like my mom.:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

A similar latter could have come from him but it didn't. After that, it was one of those deals where "I know that you know that I know..." but nobody talks about it.

I had something similar, her mom & pop were doctors...I was the 18 year old longhair with a fast car, a motorcycle & a parachute. :ph34r:

The funniest was one time at their summer house on a private lake, her dad lost the car keys water skiing...so I hot wired the Lincoln with a Swiss army knife so they could all get home. I followed them back on my bike, ~my GF said the conversation in the car was 'interesting'.

"Why DO you know how to do that?":$:ph34r:>:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Wow,,,i can imagine what she said after the breakup,,,

I had to call 911 when he called his parents one night to come over to threaten and intimidate me while we were trying to settle matters with the divorce. What 45 year old man calls Mommy and Daddy to do that? :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow,,,i can imagine what she said after the breakup,,,

I had to call 911 when he called his parents one night to come over to threaten and intimidate me while we were trying to settle matters with the divorce. What 45 year old man calls Mommy and Daddy to do that? :S

Evidently your EX-husband, which seems to solidify your position.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Hi Mama

Evil mother in law:o

My Momma was more evil than a rabid pitt bull. I was immune to her attitude by avoiding her because she wasn't going to change.

My wife of five years decided it would be a real treat to invite my dear mom that I hadn't talked to in 10 yr's to stay with us for my 30 B-day.

I warned my wife twice not to mess with her M-law The easy way but the wife wouldn't liten and i wasn't going to warn my wife a third time so I let her learn what was going on the hard way:ph34r:.

To minimize my exposure, we stayed at my in laws (very nice peopleB|). My dear old mom called my wife a savage, and insulted her parents the first 5 munutes they met her in their own house. :o:ph34r:

Then we took her home to our place and after about 24-48 hrs we took dear mom to the airport two days before her non refundable flight was scheduled to leave and kicked her sorry butt to the curbB|

2 Problems solved.

Wife and her family understood why I was a little different. Wife now listens to me when I tell her no the first time[:ph34r:.

I don't know or care how long it took dear old mom how long to get home, and she didn't contact us for 10 yr's until my dear sister in law told her mother in law we had moved 1500 miles away and gave her my phone # and mailing address Without asking us first.>:(>:(>:(

Of course I got the phone call a couple days later. First call I yes one no and I hung up the phone.

Second call 5 minutes later repeat of fisrt call with same result. Mom "assumed" the first call got diconnected by accident.

When the phone call wouldn't work due to poor phone service:S dear mom resorted to a post card reminding us of her arrival time gate # and her to do list,etc etc.:S>:(.:D:D

WE wereobviously still having a failure to communite so we responded to moms post card with a letter that made my feeling very clear. :)

Don't care about her arrival time at the airport, reminded her we didn't invite her, and had no intention to change our schedual to suit her wants, and not to call ever again:)
That letter was good for 20 years. Until my sister in law contacted us about some good/bad news about dear old mom. >:(

I almost wrote my sister in law the same leeter I sent my dear old mom. Not to contact us about her mother in law not to give out our phone # etc . But it would have been a mute point, unless my in--law talked to the devil she couldn't contact my mom even if she wanted to.B|

One Jump Wonder