sacex250

Has Pepsi finally jumped the shark?

Uh, I think you're definitely supposed to notice. That's kind of the point.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Uh, I think you're definitely supposed to notice. That's kind of the point.

So someone at Pepsi said, "Well, since Coke only uses their polar bears during the winter holidays I'm sure they won't mind if we borrow the idea for the summer. And, to make it legit we'll make sure Coke gets featured in the spot, too."

Sounds like a perfect plan! Coke executives have got to be ROFL! Coke's next ad should be polar bears at a summer concert singing "We Are The Champions!"
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

I'm not a cola connoisseur but I'd like to throw in a few thoughts:
Pepsi can compete with Coca - if it comes to taste, tested in a blind study.
(In fact, it's even a majority of testers who prefer Pepsi in blind studies! See here.) It's called the "Coca Cola Effect" here meaning the brand/label overturns the content.

Pepsi can't compete with Coca - if it comes to being better established in the market etc pp.

If Coca have to aquire a new market they don't perform as successfully as they do in the US. They spent a fortune on adverts and campaigns in East Germany. They had some success in the first years when everybody wanted to "Taste the West" but lost market uptake gradually when the old GDR brand "Vita Cola" (info in English and its German website) was rediscovered by the East German natives. Meanwhile, it's even stylish with youths who were born after the wall came down. Vita Cola even advertises a slogan like "You CAN'T get us everywhere" with a town sign with "America" crossed out. Even on their website.

So, if Coca didn't have contracts with MCD's etc pp and didn't spent that much money on advertising (2 billion bucks a year!) they weren't that "good".

So I think Pepsi isn't pathetic. They make a certain type of cola which some people like and others don't like. The commercial is quite funny. Not one that makes you clap your thighs and LOLing, but not too bad.

However... if it comes to polar bears on commercials, The Bundy Bear is the coolest I have ever seen! Click here And it's a really nice rum they make in Bundaberg, especially the black one, slurp...
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Now THAT is funny on more than 1 level.

But you read my article, I hope.
Well, tearing a single sentence out of its context to poke phun at someone is child's play, isn't it :P
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks