guppie01

Kids

9. If you drink and drive; I will beat your ass. You'll always be welcome to imbibe in the house with your friends, but everyone's keys will be in my pocket while I'm letting you guys party.

Does that include sitting around in a circle with good friends, sharing a bottle of Patron Tequila ;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It can still happen. A vasectomy has a one in 300 chance of failure. On my OB rotation, we had a woman in delivery, that had a tubal ligation 10 years earlier. Her second husband, had had a vas 10 years earlier. It can happen, unexpectedly. But thank goodness Jerry cancelled his appointment. :)

It can still happen. A vasectomy has a one in 300 chance of failure. On my OB rotation, we had a woman in delivery, that had a tubal ligation 10 years earlier. Her second husband, had had a vas 10 years earlier. It can happen, unexpectedly. But thank goodness Jerry cancelled his appointment. :)

it's largely dependent upon how the procedure is conducted. The method used on me for my vasectomy is pretty much 100%, AFTER residual sperm is taken care of.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That assumes that he really is the father;). I wifes parents had a child after he was snipped and I have always wondered...
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

That assumes that he really is the father;). I wifes parents had a child after he was snipped and I have always wondered...

What about babies after the wife has her tubes tied? :D My dad's youngest brother is 6 years younger than his next oldest sibling (there's 6 kids, each around 2 years apart, then a 6 year gap... then my uncle). He found out as an adult that my grandmother had her tubes tied after #6. He likes to joke "You can look at any family photo and know that I was a 'mistake.' I just didn't know how big of a mistake! Bet that damn doctor couldn't tie his own shoes!"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The polls supports my personal findings. Most people I work with have children. It's usually the old-fashioned "married, with two kids" thing. Probably, because most of my workmates are my age.
The majority of the younger skydivers I know do not have children and don't plan to have any. The bigger part of the older ones (40+) have kids.
So it seems that younger people nowadays tend to have kids later and, if they are infected by skydivitis on that path, are more willing to not have any kids.
Older skydivers (like me) had their children at the age of 18+ (or 22+ when academics) and started skydiving when their children were grown enough and the marriage proved stable enough to endure skydive-season-weekend-absentitis B|

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Ahhhh... you remember. :D

How could I forget, it was one of the best times I have had with friends. Give Doc a hug and kiss from me.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Growing up, I never pictured my life with kids (or a husband for that matter).

I did have a period where I fantasised about having a family and this came as a total surprise to me.

This leads me to believe that under the right circumstances I could be happy raising a family... But I still fundamentally don't want them and to me that feels normal.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

"The first half of our life is ruined by our parents and the second half by our children."
-- Clarence Darrow
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My daughter could hardly stand me when she was about 17-19

My almost 4 year old daughter comes home a couple of nights ago from school, sticks her finger at me and says, "I'm not talking to you; boys are silly!!" and storms off to her room. I looked at her mom and said, "I'm not quite sure how to address that. Should I be offended or should I be glad that she thinks boys are silly?

I still think girls are silly.:P
But I've never found a good alternative.[:/]

Talk to the hand:|
One Jump Wonder

But of course, you're raising her to be a tough, independent young lady for whom said protection will just be a nice bonus, right?

Absolutely, I've got my own "Last Lecture" book I'm writing to her. Strong encouragement on the "independent" part. So far, I've discussed some of the foillowing...

1. Please don't think you have to get married to have sex.
2. Please don't have unprotected sex.
3. Please realize that protected sex doesn't mean you WON'T get pregnant, so every time you spread your legs, ask yourself this one question, "Am I willing to have children with this man and have a lifelong commitment?"
4. Please don't think that if you do get married, that it will last - because it probably won't.
5. I'd rather you lived with someone in love; than be married and not in love.
6. Being alone does not mean you have to be lonely.
7. Please finish college and always make your own living.
8. If I find out you've been sexting; I will beat your ass.
9. If you drink and drive; I will beat your ass. You'll always be welcome to imbibe in the house with your friends, but everyone's keys will be in my pocket while I'm letting you guys party.
10. If you do illegal drugs of any kind for any reason; I will beat your ass.
11. Be sure to pay attention and learn well in those martial arts classes or I will beat your ass.

Love, Daddy.

Other thoughts are welcome... 'specially from my skydiving family.

Hi Sir

I don't have any off spring but I was a engineer.[:/] I've heard all the whining at work about the kids won't listen etc etc.

My only advice:ph34r:. Is before your threaten kids with a ass whooping after they did something wrong.[:/]

Give the kid a ass whooping before they screw up. :ph34r:
That way they will know what to expect from Dads ass whoopingB| Not all ass whoopings are created equal

The preemtive ass whooping wasn't for nothing its for the stuff you don't know about. We were all teens at least from 13-18. We all got away with doing stuff your teen will be no different.

They know their smarter than mom and dad, and have selective hearing.

Their teenagers, I was a teenager once I think but I know if must have been
One Jump Wonder

Ya made me laugh, Krip.

THere are two occasions I remember growing up, 1) was when my Mom smacked on the ass with the broom while I was fixing breakfast. and I said, "Hey!! whatda I do wrong!?!?!?' and she said, "that's for what you're going to do wrong today when I'm not around to take care of it then, 2) When m stepdad smacked me upside the back of the head over my cereal and made me nose-plant in the Frosted Flakes, "Hey!!! I didn't do anything wrong. He replied, "That's for what you're thinking about dong wrong today."

To this day, I'm not a "Breakfast Person." :D

On the little girl note... so far, all I gots to say a little loudly is "I think someone's butt is going to get busted" and start counting, 1, 2... .

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.