guppie01

Kids

I'm with you, I never wanted kids, did my utmost to not have kids, but surprise! Now, I can't imagine my life without them.:)
So, no there is no shame in not wanting kids. It's not like they are a necessity, anymore, and an extremely fulfilling life is possible (maybe, even easier) without them.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

>I am a fat Data Center Engineer, not even close

Do you have a unibrow? Do you wear ugly sweats all the time? Do you have a "peg leg, 6 toes, one eye, no hair, a hump, fuzzy arms and leaking fluids from all the wrong places?" Cause if you don't you're going to ruin a perfectly good preconception.

>I am a fat Data Center Engineer, not even close

Do you have a unibrow? Do you wear ugly sweats all the time? Do you have a "peg leg, 6 toes, one eye, no hair, a hump, fuzzy arms and leaking fluids from all the wrong places?" Cause if you don't you're going to ruin a perfectly good preconception.

Um....No [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I'm 41 and I don't have any children of my own (1 step-son). At this stage in life, coupled with the fact my husband has had a vasectomy, it's not going to happen and I'm ok with that. So many people find this shocking... :S

Curious if I'm that much of an oddity... ;)

g

You met Mrs Squeak, both she and I decided a long time ago not to procreate, she used contraception until her later 30's then I had a vasectomy, both late 40's now and neither of us regret the decision
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hell. Fucking. No.

Of those here that know me....picture me as a father.

I think not.

/money and time sponges
//happy with my princess and girlie dog

God I miss you!!!! :)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I'm 41 and I don't have any children of my own (1 step-son). At this stage in life, coupled with the fact my husband has had a vasectomy, it's not going to happen and I'm ok with that. So many people find this shocking... :S

Curious if I'm that much of an oddity... ;)

g

Hi G

Different strokes for different folks:P

IMO your not a oddity unless all your friends, & family are breeders than I can understand why you might feel odd. OTOH if your spending most of your time with non breeders than your not odd.

I've been married to the same lady:) almost before you were born, and still no kids:)
Based on my real world experience I noticed that the only people that ask why we don't have kids are the breeders.:o

Not sure if it's lovers remorse, or they just need confirmation that they made the right decision because everyone that has the ability to procreate does. Just like their supposed to:P

For some reason a number of breeders have confided in me that based on their 20/20 hindsight that we made the right decision to not to have children:S

This actually makes me >:(>:( That these mature educated adults made a life long decison to have children and in hind sight they regret their decision. What the hell were they thinking:S it's not like they were playing baby maybe, dirty toilet seat, swimming pools etc. They had a plan!

IMO Having children is a life long commitment and if you want to do the crime:P than you better be ready to do your time:)
I have to admit that I do have one regret for not have a kid/grandkid.My wife and I have considered renting a kid to show us how to do this new computer stuff;) But some of the breeders have even told us:S. Their kids are taker's not giver's:o

If you really want to yank the whining breeders chain just tell at least their kids will take care of them when their old and feeble.:ph34r: Their response is fairly consistent and priceless:D.

Don't worry be happyB|
One Jump Wonder

I like being an uncle. My GF has kids but they're all grown up. :)
None personally for me for a variety of reasons: some personal, some political/environmental. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Both of mine were planned and they both arrived on their due dates. Some would say I'm a control freak, but I just think I have good organizational skills.:)

Anyway, my kids are the highlight of my life, but damn them for becoming adults and having their own lives and not calling me every day! Humph! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

me 42, my wife 36. yes, we are planning, someday. my dad and mom were 43, relaxed, financially ok, and mature when i arrived. my 7 older siblings all went though hell. its all in the timing, and i wish more people would realize that. :)

Squeak, you know you and Karen may always borrow Little Miss Mitchell. B|

Send her over for her gap year, Mrs Squeak and I would gladly look after her :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't think it's odd to choose not to have kiddos. If you don't want them, why have 'em? Plus if you have a stepson you can play a parent-type role without actually choosing to have kids from baby to adulthood.

Of my dad and his two siblings, he was the only one of the three who chose to procreate (planned kids, in a loving marriage of over 25 years) His siblings have gotten to travel to just about every country in the world, partake in ski and snowboard competitions, professional cycling races, triathlons, etc. plus borrow nieces, nephews, and neighbors when they want kid time. Financially they are set.

OTOH, my college educated, middle class, stable employed parents are struggling financially and in debt to put us through college and other various expenses, rarely get to do leisure activities, and have a ton of stress. I don't know that they regret having kids, and they love having a grandchild, but in many ways life is WAY easier without.

As for my vote, my pregnancy was totally unexpected, but I chose to parent- I always knew I wanted kids, just assumed it would be a bit later in life (i.e. post-college and/or in a solid relationship) That said, my son is a joy and a blessing. Finances are hard, extracurriculars, sports, and travel are difficult, sleep is less than ideal, but he's worth it. I do have some environmental concerns about procreating, but I have always known I wanted a family, and while it's not all roses, it's worth it.

That said, while I have a kid (single mom), I would also like to have one more child in the contact of marriage or partnership with someone I care about and make the choice to have a family with them, when the person and timing is right. So I guess I could answer the poll two different ways... I have one now, unexpected but welcomed, and I want another in the future, when the timing is right and I have a partner to share in the experience.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Woodya look after me too, woodya? Please....... PLEASE

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Woodya look after me too, woodya? Please....... PLEASE
Of course we would Tone, but we'd make ya work :ph34r: Room and board would be covered though ;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No, I never really had a childhood.
Born, 2 year later a revolution, a year later a nice war, moved around from country to country. By the time I was 13 I had lived in 3 states and 4 countries and the family was not financially all together. Parents did their best but....it kind of stinks to be the only kid on the block with out a nintendo.

So now I'm 34, and after significant thought, I'm selfish and want to for the next few years take care of Shah's inner child.

Furthermore....after being married for almost 8 years and beign divorced via text message.....I really am not in a position to trust anyone.

So to recap, kids are great! I love them! They are amazing people with amazing abilities. Yet I don't wish to have any.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Andrea, your kids are incredibly lucky to have you as a Mom!!! B|

Shah, despite all the shit you get on this forum I find your honesty refreshing!

WOW, the overall results (a whole whopping 60+ people) are telling. Albiet, it may be due to the target audience as well... crazy ass skydivers! ;):ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No kids for me. The idea of having kids never once entered my mind, and I'm lucky to have found a guy who feels the same!
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

My daughter could hardly stand me when she was about 17-19

My almost 4 year old daughter comes home a couple of nights ago from school, sticks her finger at me and says, "I'm not talking to you; boys are silly!!" and storms off to her room. I looked at her mom and said, "I'm not quite sure how to address that. Should I be offended or should I be glad that she thinks boys are silly?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My advice:

Start practicing now for your 'boyfriend' presentation:
"So, you want to date my daughter, eh? Let me show you my gun collection."

It'll come in handy in 10-12 years.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239