grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

FUCK. Going into OT because that stupid ass ref called icing, when it wasn't, and they scored with seconds remaining. If we loose in OT it is going to be the biggest crock of shit ever.

COMMON SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the OT shouldn't have happened. Oh well, I hope the Sharks can end it here in the second OT period.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

How much bullshit can happen in one game?

The final goal was the most retarded thing I have ever seen. How does the puck go along the glass and get deflected like it did?
Not to mention the fact that the Sharks should have won in regulation, had the refs made the proper call.

I am incredibly disappointed right now, not in my team, but in the game in general. If they had won cleanly, I could deal with it, but this? Seriously?

This isn't how it should have ended.

How much bullshit can happen in one game?

The final goal was the most retarded thing I have ever seen. How does the puck go along the glass and get deflected like it did?
Not to mention the fact that the Sharks should have won in regulation, had the refs made the proper call.

I am incredibly disappointed right now, not in my team, but in the game in general. If they had won cleanly, I could deal with it, but this? Seriously?

This isn't how it should have ended.

Shit bounce. I've never seen anything like that happen before.

I have to say though that Joe Thornton played his guts out in this series but he wasn't enough to beat a very talented (and lucky) Canucks team.

If the Bruins beat Tampa, I'll cheer for the Bruins. If Tampa comes back I'll cheer for the Canucks.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I have to agree with you. The Sharks played a helluva game. They out shot Vancouver by more than double, had fewer penalties but it looked like they couldn't buy a goal. I really question the officiating!!! I've seen similar, watching the Red Wing games. The way I see it, the Sharks should've had that one in regulation. I don't like the Sharks but in all honesty, they got robbed.

Chuck

Vancouver played a great series. It's too bad they won it on some fucking bullshit.

If the NHL really wants to grow their fan base, they have got to do something about the officiating. I'm about done watching great teams get fucked by shitty refs. That's not sour grapes, my team got fucked talking, it's happened all season long (to mostly Western conference teams).

If a player can lose income and games for a mistake, why aren't the refs subject to the same? Are they professionals or not? C'mon NHL, get your shit together.

Oh, and GO BOSTON!

Whining about that icing call is lame. The players weren't because they didn't catch it. The linesman will miss that call 9 times out of 10.
Really glad the Canucks get some time to rest now as the length of the previous two series is starting to mount. Now if Tampa can just prolong the other series.

That was a shitty bounce off of the glass, but they happen. It's all part of the game.

By the way if you think I am a Canucks fan saying this because they are a Canadian based team think again. I was actually hoping the Sharks would take the series. I hate the Canuckleheads (okay hate is a strong word, but you get the picture). :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think, the officials should get together with some of the really good refs, who have retired and take some lessons. The refs should have practice sessions just like the players. Oh... and get rid of that no good, little 'Napolean' Gary Bettman!

Chuck

You obviously didn't watch or pay attention to the game, or you are full of shit.
Ryan Clowe IMMEDIATELY knew that it was not icing, and told the refs the same right away.
The refs obviously believed him, and KNEW they fucked up, but let the call stand anyways. Want proof? The Sharks should have had like 3 or 4 penalties early on in OT, and they refs SAW them, and let them go. They refs felt bad because they knew they fucked up, and tried to make it up to the Sharks.

Whatever though, whats done is done. Having that game end the way it did was some pretty weak shit.

It's definitely easy to blame other factors. Maybe you should look within to see where the real problems lie.

I think you need to start with #15. With him relegated to the 3rd line and the 2nd line power play, the bitching and moaning and crying will begin shortly...

He did it in Ottawa, he'll do it in SJ.

7M a year gets you 3 playoff goals - and 1 in the last 11 games. brutal...

That was one crazy final goal to send the Sharks golfing. Luongo finally silenced the sceptics.

This will be the end of the Sharks run for years to come. Some of the guys are going to be sent packing.

Now, how about that Bruins/Bolts series!

That was one crazy final goal to send the Sharks golfing. Luongo finally silenced the sceptics.

This will be the end of the Sharks run for years to come. Some of the guys are going to be sent packing.

Now, how about that Bruins/Bolts series!

I'm loving that series!!

I had written off the Bolts on Wednesday night, but they proved me wrong. I thought they'd lost confidence in their goaltending, but their offense took care of business. Martin St. Louis has really moved up in my books. He has really impressed me - especially this series.

I have to think that no matter who gets through to the final round, Vancouver looks like the team to beat. Everything is clicking right now. Top lines, power plays, goaltending...

Yahoo! Bring on the Finals :)

(God, I love this game...)

Hell of a Game 7! Roloson was great but one goal was enough for Boston.

Canucks - Bruins final starting next Wednesday.
--
Murray

What a game! No score through 2 periods and no penalties through 3 periods! I think, the refs just let them play. I saw several things that (I thought) should've been called but I don't think it would've mattered in that game. I'm taking Boston in the finals! :D

Chuck

Should be a good finals. I think that the Bruins have to stay out of the penalty box in order to win as the Canucks PP has been on fire lately.
--
Murray

The winner of the Cup will be the team with the hottest goalie. Both guys played great in their last games. This will be fun to watch.
The Bruins need some better movement on their power play.
I think Luongo has the most pressure on him out of both rosters.

Popcorn, check.
Diet Coke, check
Recliner, check
Pizza delivery on sped dial, check
B|

Seems like, each series has been up to the goalies and this series will be up to the goalies. We agree on that point. All the 'know it alls' are picking Vancouver in 6. I agree also, with the idea the Bruins need to 'perk-up' their power play. I think, this series will go 7-games. Any way you slice it, it's going to be a good series. Go Boston!!!

Chuck

man I am stoked for tonight. I agree with everybody here that goeltending will more than likely be the difference. However, it is utterly amzing to me that Boston has reached the finals with such a pitiful power play. if they don't give up alot of penalties and keep the game 5 on 5 I truly believe they have a chance. There is no doubt Vancouver is a great team and at this point either team is deserving of the cup. I am a die hard bruins fan but Vancouver looks to be a tough nut to crack. if we continue to have a crappy power play then we have no chance and vancouver will crush us. GO B's!!!
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2