grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

wow..6-3, sweep.

didn't expect that...

*Edit*
Phoenix has some class act fans...they were cheering their team after the loss...lets go coyotes!

WTG!

Noone can say the Coyotes didn't try. I'm curious to see what effect this has on whether or not they stay in Phoenix. All in all, it was a good series. Now, who are the Wings going to meet next? A little extra rest won't hurt. Go Wings!!!

Chuck

A little extra rest won't hurt. Go Wings!!!

Chuck

Hopefully, Chuck! A rest to get Franzen back to 100% and Zetterberg back in the game.

GO WINGS!!

The Wings really need those two guys... healthy! They both take a beating in any game.
I really had a feeling, before last nights game, The Wings were going to lose that one. You gotta know, I was pleased to see them win. Bring on the Canucks. The Wings have beaten them before and they can beat them again! Go Wings!

Chuck

Canucks and Wings west div match up. Bring It!

Not just yet, Hawks are going to put up a fight.

No they aren't. That last game was a dead cat bounce, nothing more.
Of course the Wings will have to get by San Jose first (the series to watch next round).

No step for a stepper! The Wings can handle San Jose! Go Wings!

Chuck

The Canucks look like shit and the Hawks look like Champs tonight...5-0 in the second. If the Hawks win at home in Game 6 I think they will beat the Canucks.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The Canucks look like shit and the Hawks look like Champs tonight...5-0 in the second. If the Hawks win at home in Game 6 I think they will beat the Canucks.

+1

The Blackhawks look like they have the Canucks figured-out. I think, Chicago can win the series.

What I'm curious of is, what is going to happen to the Coyotes, since The Wings 'swept' them? That's the NHL's team and had a big boost from Bettman. They could wind-up back in Canada. Strange deal.

Chuck

The Wings really need those two guys...

Yes they do! But the rest of the team stepped up and made some great plays. Bertuzzi has been hittin hard with great puck control. Did you see that shot Cleary made? Bounce off the goalie from behind the pipe! Datsyuk was GOD in that series and of course Lidstrom was zippin shots all over. And who can forget Knonwell knockin the hell out of guys and makin some killer goals too! The last 3 weeks of the season had me worried but The Wings woke up for the playoffs. GO WINGS!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

The Wings really need those two guys...

Yes they do! But the rest of the team stepped up and made some great plays. Bertuzzi has been hittin hard with great puck control. Did you see that shot Cleary made? Bounce off the goalie from behind the pipe! Datsyuk was GOD in that series and of course Lidstrom was zippin shots all over. And who can forget Knonwell knockin the hell out of guys and makin some killer goals too! The last 3 weeks of the season had me worried but The Wings woke up for the playoffs. GO WINGS!

The first period of the first game,the Wings looked like they did for the last 2-months of the regular season... chicken fried crap! They came-back in the 2nd. period looking like a totally different team and never slowed down till the the last whistle of the last period of game 4. One announcer said they were just trying to drive Babcock nuts! :D The entire team got in there and did more than was needed to win the series. Also, they have several days rest ahead of them, unlike past years when it was... end regular season, start play-offs, start next round, start next round... with little or no break. They've got everything on their side, this year. They're playing great and as long as they stay healthy, they should do real good. GO WINGS!!!

Chuck

Also, they have several days rest ahead of them

They need it! Franzen needs his face to heal up. Zetterberg needs some TLC. We need his back BAD! I'm just glad everyone picked up the pace with some heavy hitters on the injury list.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

What I'm curious of is, what is going to happen to the Coyotes, since The Wings 'swept' them? That's the NHL's team and had a big boost from Bettman. They could wind-up back in Canada.

The Jets left Winnipeg at a time when the CDN $ was extremely low and Canadian based NHL teams (especially from small markets like Winnipeg) just could not compete with the US teams because of the currency difference. But the CDN $ is forecast to stay on par if not above par with the US greenback for many years to come. NHL hockey needs to be in cities where fans are interested in the game and of course where the teams can self sustain themselves. I don't know if Winnipeg can self sustain themselves, but it is clear Phoenix can't. The NHL either needs to move their teams into real hockey markets, or they need to fold the teams that can not sustain themselves.

Can the Hawks come back and beat the Canucks? Odds are they won't. It's extremely rare to come back from a 3-0 deficit. But it's not like it hasn't happened before. Hawks have to take it one shift at a time and hope the bounces go their way.

BTW ... I fully support Andrew Ference for his 1-finger salute last night in Montreal. I am a fan of the Montreal Canadiens hockey club, but even I know Montreal has the worst fans in the league (shit worst fans in all sports).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

It's a shame that Winnipeg might not be able to support a team. From all I've read, they really want a team.
I say, blame Bettman for wanting hockey in the Southern U.S. It was tried before in Atlanta and the Flames moved to Calgary. Atlanta won't support hockey. I've seen so many minor clubs fail, just here in Texas. Down here, ice is for tea and rum and Coke!:D Bettman has slowly but surely ruined the NHL. He's taken the fun out of it. Banning the octopus from Detroit. That's BS!

It was pretty 'nervy' of Ference to flip-off the fans and I'm sure, he'll pay dearly but maybe, he needed to let folks know where they stand. It sends a bad message to kids but heck, they probably know more than I do as an adult. I say; 'forget about it!'

Chuck

Also, they have several days rest ahead of them

They need it! Franzen needs his face to heal up. Zetterberg needs some TLC. We need his back BAD! I'm just glad everyone picked up the pace with some heavy hitters on the injury list.

I get nervous whenever the Wings get too many days off! It seems as though it takes them a game or two to get back in the pace. On the other hand, it's been awhile since they've gotten any appreciable time-off and they need it now, more than ever. Franzen's face looked like he'd been in a train wreck, Zets needs to heal-up as well as Homer who always needs to heal-up and so-on.
I'd like to see the Wings win the cup but the way Bettman has inflicted parity on the league, it's anybody's guess. With that... GO WINGS!

Chuck

Buffalo played with fire tonight but managed to get win #3 against Philly....so today is a good day!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

They came-back in the 2nd. period

I immediately noticed that too..........that was the most jump they've shown since early January, and they've been able to maintain that fire pretty well........not bad for a bunch of old farts. :)
And wait 'til Hank gets back. B|

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

They came-back in the 2nd. period

I immediately noticed that too..........that was the most jump they've shown since early January, and they've been able to maintain that fire pretty well........not bad for a bunch of old farts. :)
And wait 'til Hank gets back. B|

Don

Aw yeah! It looks like, the Wings will all be healthe and when that happens... look-out! :D Those old guys will show 'em how it's done! :D How long has it been since we've seen this? Plenty of time-off and all the Wings healthy for the second round. This situation they're in is just too good!
Do you recall, when Pav first played with the Wings? All he'd do is pass and he looked so danged shy, out on the ice. Look at him now! That from the back between his legs goal he scored early in the series with the 'Yotes... un-believable!:D Gte him and Hank together again... WOW! :D

Chuck

Montreal Boston still tied at 1 after one OT period. Hell of a game!

Edited to add.... Tim Thomas robs Gionta. Robs him! Of course, a little later Horton taps one in for the Bruins and ends it in the second OT.

Move over to the LA- Sharks game and LA is up 3-0 on their first four shots the announcers say. Time for the Sharks to pull off another comeback I guess.
--
Murray